• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Help using a 360 controller on Ps3

dekillsage

Reaction score
Filia Cerebella Big Band
So I currently have this problem where I want to use my xbox 360 controller to play skullgirls on ps3, but when I use a converter (http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-XBOX360-PS3-PS2-USB/dp/B0089OBLDO) :UF: :DF: :UB: :DB: all become either :B::F: or :D:, and to get these inputs I have to hit the analog stick slightly past than :U: or :D:.

This makes it so that when I play on Ps3 I can't block or jump the way I want too so I've been using a ps4 controller on the console, but I really want to use the controller I've put in over 500 hours of practice with. Doing dash up cr.lk -> cr.mp and getting dp because down on ps4 dpad is actually inputting down+ forward down forward over and over for some reason keeps getting me killed when I play cerbella ;0;

If you know a converter that works for Skullgirls 100% without these issues (this problem only really happens with skullgirls. Not blazblue, uniel, ah3 etc) help me out ayyy.

Reactions: Zephyrel
I thought you played on a PS4 pad for Evo.
Was that not your controller of choice even at the time?

If it's Skullgirls specifically maybe Mike can shed some light on it.

I used a ps4 controller at evo but it was not my preferred controller. :(

dekillsage
ᄽὁȍ ̪ őὀᄿ Eyyy lmao
ᄽὁȍ ̪ őὀᄿ
2014 King of Sandbagging

Reactions: Kongk4
Ayyyyyyyyyy get a new converter that u won 6billion dollars at evo

Reactions: Kongk4
Sage is getting some good advice I see
some SAGE advice, if you will? :PUN:

the one you posted is the one I use and no issues for me :<

Cronus converter, we've used them for years in our local scene with no issues

Cronus converter, we've used them for years in our local scene with no issues
arnt Chronus converters banned or something? I read some where that they were

It's banned like on xboxs i think???????? Not ps3s...

I dunno about that but i highly recommend them they work on any system, and PC's, and have no lag, it's just really handy to have one. although they are expensive its worth it

Why play a more worse controller on a better system? X bone is the worst. (probably)
Read the thread he explains this

Sage you gotta learn to sometimes just wakeup dp, and if blocked....
do it again
Know what im saying mans

you know there's a wired controller you can buy for PS3 that is built like a 360 controller. How cone you're going out of your way to use a converter?

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
you know there's a wired controller you can buy for PS3 that is built like a 360 controller. How cone you're going out of your way to use a converter?

Is it any good? Link pls

I can't link right now because I'm on my phone, but I own it and its actually really good. I recommend it. I'll link you what I'm talking about a little later.

Oh, yeah! Forgot about that! I believe my Walmart carries it, if we're talking about the same one.

unfortunately no. you'd have to download something like xpadder to make it work. sorry about that.

the controller I'm recommending is literally if you want a 360-esque controller for PS3 games.

I'm gonna have to see if this controller can last me hitting ALL the buttons on it

I'm gonna have to see if this controller can last me hitting ALL the buttons on it
I've found it's pretty durable.