• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hot Sauce Thread

b0nk

welp
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Steam
bonk3492
Fukua Fukua Fukua
Lets talk about hot sauces.

hc45h7nl.jpg

^My current favorite.

Here's the ingredients:

sPaP8e3l.jpg

The reaper in it gives it a nice sweet taste and the ghost in it gives it a lasting heat. Overall a really hot and balance sauce.

Post up your favorite hot sauces and why.

Last edited:
Yea Cholula has some good flavor and isn't too salty.

I need more of a kick in my life though.

image.jpg

Red Devil
I just love the taste of cayenne peppers and im yet to find something that this sauce doesn't go well with.

Reactions: b0nk
^Ill check it out, how salty is it compared to frank's red hot?

10646783_944830758861435_4317238165822672355_n.jpg

This BBQ sauce has a good amount of heat to it. Sweet like a bbq sauce too.

I highly recommend any other CaJohns sauces if you guys get a chance, they range from medium to dumb hot like the reaper sauce I like.

I personally like that you can browse their sauces by the type of pepper in it.

Oh man, a thread about hot sauce.

I'm half Thai and have spent my entire life growing up in a household with an amazing Thai cook for a mother. If there's anything I like in this world, it's hot sauces. I'll have to give this topic some thought so I can get back to you guys on the topic of amazing hot sauces.

Oh man, a thread about hot sauce.

I'm half Thai and have spent my entire life growing up in a household with an amazing Thai cook for a mother. If there's anything I like in this world, it's hot sauces. I'll have to give this topic some thought so I can get back to you guys on the topic of amazing hot sauces.

Thai food is my shit. They ask me how spicy and I say how spicy can you get it?!?!

I'm sorry b0nk...but...I hate all condiments, don't hate me senpai

How about a pepper puree? Or salsa?

Carolina-Reaper-Puree-CaJohns.png
rIAratR.jpg

I got this hot sauce collection as a gift.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HNHACTDGRHR8MEYDEVM

Frank's Hot Sauce is a classic option. It's like the Ryu of Hot Sauce. Balanced, good for anyone in a lot of food matchups.

Looks like a good variety. Nothing super hot, but I'm sure it taste great. As long as the sauce isn't dumb salty I'm a fan looool

Salt sauce aka Tabasco fucking sucks.

@Scatmon I'm more a Frank's type of guy but fried chicken and hot sauce is da bae

Texas Pete Garlic Hot Sauce is one of my favorite mild sauces though -_^b

garlic-hot-sauce.jpg

I just like garlic lol.

Also jalapeños I prefer as just the pepper (instead of a sauce) but a pepper I add to E V E R Y T H I N G.

Reactions: Scatmon
Im so surprised that no one said siracha yet.

Reactions: The Dave and b0nk
Agreed

I also liked Texas Pete hot sauce and that is the one I used the most. I tried other brand of hot sauce, but I don't remember the brands. I also remembered trying Tabasco Sauce for the first time and that was spicier than I expected.

Cant believe this dude actually made an interesting thread for once... Also funny that the recent posts tab shows threads and posts of ignored people... But hey, thats cool because i wouldnt know about this thread if it didnt work that way.

Sriracha sauce is my wife and my favorite sauce, we put it on basically everything.

Tabasco is a decent sauce as well, but i usually like to mix it with ketchup or sriracha for an AMAZING fish condiment. Mixing it takes some of the strong vinegar taste out while making it a bit more mild. I find tabasco to be a bit strong by itself for whatever reason.

My favorite mild sauce is durkee redhot. Cant get it out here in australia iirc but its a great hotwings hotsauce as its super salty and flavors the wings perfectly.

I guess thats another topic:

We can put hotsauce on basically anything, but what are your favorite things to put hotsauce on?

My favorite spicy food is hot barbecue beef ribs... Fuckin ridiculous man.

Has anyone here ever tried a more traditionally made Sriracha sauce? Most people are familiar with the western produced brands and their quality of taste and texture, but the more traditional makes of the sauce are also very good. They're typically a bit more bitter, spicier, and a little thinner.

Of course I usually just use American made Sriracha because it's most easily accessible, but I definitely enjoy home made sauces and more traditional styles of Thai spices when I have the chance. Luckily my mom really likes to make spices and sauces from scratch, so I have the liberty of consuming more traditional varieties of Thai spices on a regular basis.

And to answer Dime_x's question, my absolute favorite thing to put hotsauce on is very simple...eggs! I usually put Sriracha on them btw :P

Reactions: Dime
I'll go with the simple.
It's not THAT spicy, but it's enough.
It also tastes good, unlike the red pepper one.
product_green_12_2008.jpg

It's getting a little prolific, but I think it still has to be up here.

sriracha_FREDERIC-J-BROWN-GettyImages-ftr.jpg

I put hot sauce on burgers and soups, to answer dime_x's question.

When it comes to spicy stuff I'm more of a fan of plain old crushed red pepper than I am of any sauces. Sriracha is yummy though.

Popcorn is good to put hot sauce on.
plain potato chips
chicken fried or grilled

If this discussion veers towards the culinary attributes and uses of different hot sauces, you're good.

If this is gonna just turn into "post your fav hot sauce!" with nothing but pics and one-liners of hot sauces, then this thread's gonna be locked as a dump thread as per the OT rules.

Have fun!

Oh my, yes, akl these suggestions are delicious. Pho is one of my favorite soups to throw sriracha in as well. Have to find a good pho place, but its so worth it when you find one.

Reactions: The Dave
I also liked Texas Pete hot sauce and that is the one I used the most. I tried other brand of hot sauce, but I don't remember the brands. I also remembered trying Tabasco Sauce for the first time and that was spicier than I expected.

Yeah if only Tabasco didn't make my food taste like salt :(

Cant believe this dude actually made an interesting thread for once... Also funny that the recent posts tab shows threads and posts of ignored people... But hey, thats cool because i wouldnt know about this thread if it didnt work that way.

Nice demeaning start to your post.

I like putting hot sauce on all meats, in most soups, eggs, and in particularly like to mix it with mayo to make different chipotle mayos for my sandwich i bring to work everyday.

Has anyone here ever tried a more traditionally made Sriracha sauce? Most people are familiar with the western produced brands and their quality of taste and texture, but the more traditional makes of the sauce are also very good. They're typically a bit more bitter, spicier, and a little thinner.

I have, I was surprised that a thin sauce like that was quite a bit spicier. (I think that it's just a different spice, since the thicker siracha I would think has a higher percentage of the pepper they use).

Haven't had it in a while, need to see my thai friend again but he's visiting family in thailand right now rip

I'll go with the simple.
It's not THAT spicy, but it's enough.
It also tastes good, unlike the red pepper one.
product_green_12_2008.jpg

Meh, the only tabasco I think is k is the chipotle flavored one lol. It just has such a strong presence of salt, I wish they'd balance it out with something sweeter or lemon juice or w/e.

When it comes to spicy stuff I'm more of a fan of plain old crushed red pepper than I am of any sauces. Sriracha is yummy though.

I feel it, ever try crushing other peppers? -_^b Crushed ghost pepper is life.

Popcorn is good to put hot sauce on.
plain potato chips
chicken fried or grilled

Dipping stuff in hot sauce is gr8. Anything you'd dip in something else is better dipped in hot sauce imo.

YLACexu.png

Gazoontite?

That's how words from bangladesh/india/pakistan look when you use english characters lol. My bengali's gf's family always have ghost peppers on the side of every meal. (Kinda da bess).

That's the real name for the ghost pepper, I believe the name ghost pepper was popularized by dave's insanity sauce.

Actually, I never seem to have hot sauce on eggs. Like either Im having like pancakes and eggs with maple syrup or I have an egg sandwich while out and no hot sauce available.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel hot sauce is best when it adds a bit of spice and compliments the flavor of the food. I just can't stand the stuff that only exists to be as hot as humanly possible.

Reactions: drewski
Actually, I never seem to have hot sauce on eggs. Like either Im having like pancakes and eggs with maple syrup or I have an egg sandwich while out and no hot sauce available.

You're missing out. When you're out eating ask if they have some, they usually do -_^b (even like, waffle house carries two hot sauces lol)

I don't know about you guys, but I feel hot sauce is best when it adds a bit of spice and compliments the flavor of the food. I just can't stand the stuff that only exists to be as hot as humanly possible.

If it doesn't hurt, it's bland. No pain no flavor.

For you guys that like mixing sweet and spicy:

PPXQdmn.jpg

This shit is the BEES KNEES. It's just honey mixed with cayenne pepper and it's glorious.

Goes great with biscuits, cornbread, and just about anything. I've used it on meatloaf, fruits, w/e. Mixing honey and chili pepper is just a good idea! =o

I need it in my life.