• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How do you think Umbrella will play?

There's probably an obscure term in CCGs or gaming to describe this; but the word would need to mean something along the line of "raising the threshold of effect". Like Chrono said, installs tend to be time based and they also serve to augment or change move properties. Umbrella is already a stance character which also covers changing move properties but in her case it's controlled by both time and resources which isn't really the same thing since it's possible to remain in any state with good management of the latter.

Reactions: tristePinguino
Anyone have ideas on what kind of moves they would like to see in order to close out her kit?
Back on this again, but I think it'd be neat if horizontal Hungern Rush returned as a Blockbuster. This way, she could spend meter to rush across the screen.

When Umbrella was earlier in development, I was hoping we'd get to see "PK Eyestorm" (from her concept art, long ago) in some capacity, but something like that might not be a good fit for her anymore, lol.
PK Eyestorm.png

When Umbrella was earlier in development, I was hoping we'd get to see "PK Eyestorm" (from her concept art, long ago) in some capacity, but something like that might not be a good fit for her anymore, lol.
I could see 'Eyestorm as a vertical oriented super that also generates puddles or something.

Eyestorm is also one I was hoping for, it'd probably work very similar to aegis rn (rips up opposing projectiles + lockdown) but I was sure that if she was going to get it that it'd be her level 3 since it looks like it'd be underwhelming if balanced to be a level 1 and overlap too much with aegis. It would've been fun seeing Umbrella run around while it's raining hell around her. Hope she at least gets a special that shoots out one of the eyes as one of her last moves, it looks like a fun mechanic to play with and it'd be a shame if it was stuck as just part of the reflector with a bunch of different effects.

Small update but Liam appeared to confirm on Discord that there will be another special incoming after Pigeon.

Pigeon and "Last Super" were just wrapped up today. There are some final things that need to be done before the next build, so I'm not sure if it will arrive before next week, but we'll see.

After that she has one more Special that will arrive later, and she at least has all of her moves.

Reactions: Holy Goose

:D

Really curious as to how this'll play into her kit.

:D

Really curious as to how this'll play into her kit.
Very good call lol

Yeah, it's interesting that these bubbles have hitboxes as well unlike the one from Bobblin' Bubble. They don't seem to create puddles in this move, but maybe that hasn't just been implemented yet, or maybe it only happens on higher Fullness level?

Yeah, it's interesting that these bubbles have hitboxes as well unlike the one from Bobblin' Bubble. They don't seem to create puddles in this move, but maybe that hasn't just been implemented yet, or maybe it only happens on higher Fullness level?

Ha, imagine a version of this super that releases Bobblin' Bubble-sized bubbles (and subsequently, puddles).

I wonder if the upward swing and/or burst of water have a hitbox. It might make a good reversal. I also wonder if these bubbles could be enough to protect Umbrella from Peacock's Item Drop.

On another note, I was really expecting the last Blockbuster to be something that moves Umbrella, y'know?
Looking forward to seeing what "one more Special" is.

I wonder if the upward swing and/or burst of water have a hitbox. It might make a good reversal. I also wonder if these bubbles could be enough to protect Umbrella from Peacock's Item Drop.
Hopefully, so it can be comboed into similarly to her f.HP as well.

Can item drops be stopped with another projectile? I didn't know that.

Can item drops be stopped with another projectile? I didn't know that.

Well, I've only seen this occur with a Star Power star (s.HK) and Headrone Salvo, so I'm just assuming it applies to other projectiles too. The collision seems to dissipate the hitbox of the Item Dropped. However, I do not know if this can be said for Level 3 Item Drop.

After floundering in Training Mode, can confirm that opposing projectiles can negate the hitbox of Items Dropped, regardless of Item level. This includes George at the Air Show, Luger Replica, Hurting Hurl, and Squigly Battle Opera.
Projectiles cannot save you from Road Roller, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Well the latest alpha dropped and pigeon turned out to be QCB+LP, which is a completely different move to QCB+MP. She's turning out to be a really funky character, with unique moves on all the different button strengths rather than variations of the same move like most characters have. I really can't guess what her last special is gonna be.

Reactions: Nuuance
Got a bit of a dumb/weird question regarding Umbrella (and any future characters) that I've been mulling over, and was wondering what others might think.

Annie's addition as a character was kinda a special case, in the sense that she was released for Skullgirls Mobile before coming to 2nd Encore. Development has stated their intentions to release Umbrella for Mobile and 2nd Encore simultaneously, and I assume they're aiming to do the same for future characters as well.

That said, how likely is it that Umbrella's gameplay development in 2nd Encore is influenced by Mobile? It's my understanding that the two games play quite differently from one another, but I've been wondering.

Got a bit of a dumb/weird question regarding Umbrella (and any future characters) that I've been mulling over, and was wondering what others might think.

Annie's addition as a character was kinda a special case, in the sense that she was released for Skullgirls Mobile before coming to 2nd Encore. Development has stated their intentions to release Umbrella for Mobile and 2nd Encore simultaneously, and I assume they're aiming to do the same for future characters as well.

That said, how likely is it that Umbrella's gameplay development in 2nd Encore is influenced by Mobile? It's my understanding that the two games play quite differently from one another, but I've been wondering.
It's hard to say since we don't really see the progress of her development on Mobile. Presumably, it's also happening in parallel if they are aiming to launch her around the same time as 2E at the end of the year. However, I think Annie's design was probably much more influenced by Mobile than Umbrella.

Not counting her Install and Uninstall, Annie has 5 unique supers, which is way more than the average 2E character, but it's on par with the amount of supers that a Mobile character would have. Since in Mobile Star Power is a unique mechanic, it's relegated to being a super in 2E which gives her a whopping total of 7 supers. I think that seems like a pretty clear case of her Mobile design influencing her 2E design.

On the other hand, Umbrella is looking like she would have the 2E standard of 3 supers. That means Mobile will need to create new supers (usually a combination of 2E normals and specials) in order to fill out their slots, so I think that seems to be a case of 2E design before Mobile design.

Last edited:
According to a post made by Liam in the Umbrella Alpha Gameplay Discussion Thread, it sounds like Umbrella's final special move will be something bubble related.

I wonder what it'll be? Maybe something like Cutie Ptooie, but without Hunger regeneration?
If so, then I really hope Umbrella does gain the ability to have more than one bubble onscreen (outside of Under the Weather).