• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How invisible is Double's Flesh Step and can I use it in a Combo?

Notkastar

Not a- What?
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
notstardragon
Unknown Squigly Fukua
Her back c.Circle move were she dashes forward so steps and fazes though the other fighter.

I just picked up double and wanted to know what exactly I can get away with that move?
Can you hit her out of it with a jab, a Heavy, A super or not at all?
Also can I use it in a combo to get into position to keep the hits coming?

I ask this because before I played Skullgirls I was a big Carl Player in Blazblue
And her Flesh steps reminds me a lot of Carl's Vivace.

Carl strides forward in a turn to dodge attacks and move past the opponent.
Moves a fixed distance. 236A is a short distance roll (about 1/3~1/4 of the screen)
that passes through opponents and Nirvana.

So I just wondering if the same principle apply here or if this was something new altogether. =)

as far as positioning go its not terrible but she already has the best forward dash in the game so its use as a positioning tool is fairly niche

flesh step only has some projectile invincibility in the middle of the animation (to look at this turn on hitboxes and see when the boxes turn orange)

so you dont really wanna use it to dodge attacks and it isnt too effective against zoners in some matchups cause of the sheer amount of projectiles that can be on the screen (peacock)

its main use is that you can use it for side switch shenanigans by either using it at the same time as calling an assist in blockstrings for a crossup or in conjunction with the catheads super

one tip for using it with catheads is that you can input flesh step by releasing the button instead of pressing it which allows you to wait till youre on the other side before you make the heads attack

you can also cancel throw into it for a fairly easy conversion

Reactions: Notkastar
as far as positioning go its not terrible but she already has the best forward dash in the game so its use as a positioning tool is fairly niche

flesh step only has some projectile invincibility in the middle of the animation (to look at this turn on hitboxes and see when the boxes turn orange)

so you dont really wanna use it to dodge attacks and it isnt too effective against zoners in some matchups cause of the sheer amount of projectiles that can be on the screen (peacock)

its main use is that you can use it for side switch shenanigans by either using it at the same time as calling an assist in blockstrings for a crossup or in conjunction with the catheads super

one tip for using it with catheads is that you can input flesh step by releasing the button instead of pressing it which allows you to wait till youre on the other side before you make the heads attack

you can also cancel throw into it for a fairly easy conversion

Wow, you answered my question and then some.
Although it does sucks to hear that I can't just faze though stuff willy nilly, The stuff you can do from it sound pretty amazing and could fit really well into my current team of Fukua and Double.
(Turns out the make for one terrifying rushdown duo.)

So as far as Assist mixups go something like a:
C.lk (Call H.Drill Assist) into a Flesh step then picking
at the block they have to do from the drill would work right?
or would that be unsafe?

That sounds fine, the Drill would make it extremely +.

Another use that I find myself using it for as I get better is when the opponent jumps to apply pressure in the corner, I can use Flesh Step to scoot behind and under them to escape.

You can also use it during cat heads assuming you leave a small gap during the head attacks so that they can be crossed up when you flesh step.

But, yeah, less for dodging attacks, more for mix up.

Also in the title, I think you mean "invincible" :P