• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

how to remove replays?

Pickles

VT scene?
Reaction score
Steam
Pickles (/id/shamanlord)
PSN
PS_Shamanlord (but I rarely use this for SG)
Filia Double Painwheel
I use the word "remove" instead of "delete" explicitly because when I just manually delete the replay files it seems to leave the entry file in replays, I did it a while ago with my first 30 or so replays and it just made it so I couldn't select or load those replays, new files still started saving from after where the deleted files left off. I just sorta left it but now my replays are full and I'm not sure how to get rid of them. Is there a config file somewhere where I can tell the game "these files are gone so delete the entry"?

What does your Replays directory look like in your file explorer?

Each replay has 2 files associated with it and they are all named in ascending numerical order. Off the information we have I can only assume you've left the filenames the same, so the game is seeing some big skip(s) before continuing where the highest number left off.

Reactions: Pickles
Delete both files.
Relaunch the game (it scans on launch I believe) and they should be gone.

What does your Replays directory look like in your file explorer?

Each replay has 2 files associated with it and they are all named in ascending numerical order. Off the information we have I can only assume you've left the filenames the same, so the game is seeing some big skip(s) before continuing where the highest number left off.

yeah that was the case, deleting all the files worked to reset things since my replay count was well over the 9998 or whatever where replay theater stops letting me look at them. Seems to be that like you said, the game always counts up from where the highest number left off, so like in my case because i had a replay numbered 31 the game would assume that 1-30 were there (because how else would you get a 31). Can you rename the replay files without issue to renumber them manually?

yeah that was the case, deleting all the files worked to reset things since my replay count was well over the 9998 or whatever where replay theater stops letting me look at them. Seems to be that like you said, the game always counts up from where the highest number left off, so like in my case because i had a replay numbered 31 the game would assume that 1-30 were there (because how else would you get a 31). Can you rename the replay files without issue to renumber them manually?
Yeah, you can rename them and the game will handle them just fine. Otherwise there'd be no point in trying to share replay files with other people for reviewing.

Reactions: Pickles