• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows I can't cancel to backwards fireball motions after 2 hit links

MegamanDS

You know who
Reaction score
Steam
MegamanDS
Fukua Parasoul
I noticed I was messing up very basic Fukua combos. At first I thought it was my execution but it was happening too often and I'm not one to mess up that much. So then I thought it was my stick so I decided to go to training mode with notations to see what is happening.

I tested my stick and everything works. Then I found out the down on my stick doesn't register ONLY after mp fp chains.

Here is a vid showing me do basic fireball motions then showing how those fireball motions don't register after mp. fp.

This is happening both in beta and retail. This started happening 3 days ago.

I tested it out and noticed it also happens after mk fk chains and only is an issue doing BACKWARDS fireballs (not left or right, but backwards fireball motions regardless of which side I'm on).

My stick works perfect in other games I tested it in. Not sure what else to do. I tried unplugging the stick, I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, I tried restarting my PC... nothing fixed it.

Uh, did you try actually doing QCBs rather than HCBs
Not that it should matter, just curious

E: Further questions
Does this happen with all specials? You noted in the other thread that you can do L/H Shadow fine?
Does this happen on all characters, or is it Fukua-specific?
QCFs work okay, how about other motions? DPs? Backwards DP (Val Counter)? Charge Moves?
Does this strictly happen after MP-HP (and MK-HK) chains, or also after LP-MP-HP, or full combo into restand MP-HP, or etc?

2 things I noticed in the video.
1) at the end it looks like your stick is only registering forward -> back at the end, without registering the down. try checking to make sure the switch that registers down is functioning properly.

2) remember you can only use each shadow once in a combo, there are a few times in the beginning where M Shadow -> s.hp become a combo so M shadow wouldn't come out again afterwards.

?

Does this happen with all specials? You noted in the other thread that you can do L/H Shadow fine?

I was wrong, it happens with any button including L/H shadows. It's not the button, I narrowed it down to the "down" not activating after mp hp/ mk hk

Does this happen on all characters, or is it Fukua-specific?
all characters, tested it with PW.

QCFs work okay, how about other motions? DPs? Backwards DP (Val Counter)? Charge Moves?
i didn't try yet.

Does this strictly happen after MP-HP (and MK-HK) chains, or also after LP-MP-HP, or full combo into restand MP-HP, or etc?
when I add lp/lk, it works fine. Only when I start with mk/mp which is a majority of my mid-combos

More stuff to note, its only when I start crouching. When I stand mp hp, it works fine. It also only happens on the ground. When I jump and hold down and do the same motion, it works fine. It also happens only on hit. When I whiff cr. mp fp xx shadow, it works fine

2 things I noticed in the video.
1) at the end it looks like your stick is only registering forward -> back at the end, without registering the down. try checking to make sure the switch that registers down is functioning properly.

2) remember you can only use each shadow once in a combo, there are a few times in the beginning where M Shadow -> s.hp become a combo so M shadow wouldn't come out again afterwards.
1. That is the issue. Down registers on its own or whenever I do anything EXCEPT after a mp hp chain.

2. Yes I know, thank you though.

Last edited: