• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I made a Skullgirls Guide for first-time fighting game players

I'm pretty familiar with Skullgirls and that was an excellent read!
It's nice to look over stuff you know already, and also just to see more concise ways of explaining things to newer players.
Like really, not sure how common this is for folks, but explaining fighting games is HARD.

I consider myself an "experienced beginner" and I think you described neutral quite nicely. I never got the grasp of what "neutral game" actually meant, and now I do! Thanks!

Good stuff. I'm gonna mention this in the first post of the Beginner Questions thread if you don't mind.

Edit: Looks like I'll just link to the general resources thread instead.

Great read, it explains the basics pretty clearly.

Most new players don't recognize this and, as they are bussy mashing buttons for no reason, assume they were caught in some kind of infinite combo that seems to go on forever.
Marvellous, simply marvellous.

Seriously though, this is a pretty good read. I've been playing SG for quite some time, but I didn't really know all of the terms used for some of the things I was doing so I'd be at a loss when I came on here and saw someone talking in FGC language, this cleared the remaining gaps in my knowledge up with some good explanations which are easy to read.

I'm impressed at how well you understand how new players minds work and how you put it in a way to make it easy for them to understand.

I know for sure i'm going to quote a few things from the guide to my friends who struggle at Skullgirls. Well done. Do you plan on making more future Skullgirls guides?

I'm glad everybody enjoys it.

There's a possibility of a Squigly guide in the near future and possibly parasoul and/or bella but no guarantees.

I'm glad everybody enjoys it.

There's a possibility of a Squigly guide in the near future and possibly parasoul and/or bella but no guarantees.

There are already some pretty extensive guides on Para and Cere, so your time would be best spent on a Squigly guide.

Nice guide, thanks for sharing.

This is fantastic! Thanks for posting it in the Steam guides. I think people will find it more easily there. This should be required reading for new players.

This is ridiculous, this didn't help me at all.

Oh wait I'm not a first-time fighting game player.

Reactions: dreymore
It was a nice read. I'm not a beginner but neither a pro, so It refreshed my basics and helped me grasp a little more the unique stuff I guess.