• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I need a third character

OronzoLS

Reaction score
Steam
Oronzo LS
Valentine Double Robo Fortune
hello everyone,

can you recommend me a third character to use??

since I have started I used Valentine and Double but now i really don't know what to use, i tried every characer, and completed all tutorials and stories, what can you suggest??

thank you for the support

Hm... I totally get what you mean! I'd say it depends on your play style, if you want, you can be balanced and use say Squigly or Peacock for distancing, or use Big Band / Beowulf / Cerebella for hard hitting attacks, though you'd be slightly at a disadvantage towards distance gaming.

If possible, could you describe your play style? What's your sort of preferred fighting method say for? I may be a new member on the forums, but I doubt there's nothing some old fashioned tailored gaming can't help!

Filia
Filia
Filia
Filia
Filia
Filia!

I just shill my character. >_> Cloud plays this team, though. Updo assist is godlike to cover the defensive options that Val + Hornet Bomber don't have. Gregor Samson DHC too. And she's solid on incoming. Keep Dubs behind her for that horizontal lockdown.

Otherwise, uh, Big Band? Parasoul isn't good on incoming which severely hampers her on second. I haven't heard of Squigly being used for Draugen Punch assist, but IDK.

I don't know about general Valentine assist synergy outside of that.

Reactions: OronzoLS
Hm... I totally get what you mean! I'd say it depends on your play style, if you want, you can be balanced and use say Squigly or Peacock for distancing, or use Big Band / Beowulf / Cerebella for hard hitting attacks, though you'd be slightly at a disadvantage towards distance gaming.

If possible, could you describe your play style? What's your sort of preferred fighting method say for? I may be a new member on the forums, but I doubt there's nothing some old fashioned tailored gaming can't help!

i don't know how to describe my play style, besides in this period i don't play so much i regret it. i use double very frequently as assist (hornetbomber H) and than i start do combos with Val. when i use double i start with the grab and than i start doing combos with her; i usually don't use valentine as assist and if i do i use valentine to stop enemies' attacks. "poor little girl" quoting valentine

p.s. anyway i am not so good at playing skullgirls

i don't know how to describe my play style, besides in this period i don't play so much i regret it. i use double very frequently as assist (hornetbomber H) and than i start do combos with Val. when i use double i start with the grab and than i start doing combos with her; i usually don't use valentine as assist and if i do i use valentine to stop enemies' attacks. "poor little girl" quoting valentine

p.s. anyway i am not so good at playing skullgirls
God, boy do I filia-you (I can just feel the skull heart finding me worthy) but I totally understand, I haven't played the game since it was on 360 and my fingers aren't well adjusted to keyboard moves (I do got mobile though, so, i'm compensating) but I think @Hiroprotagonist is on the money on using Filia! (I'm not sure if she received a buff yet though? I remember she was great at rushing, but never really able to lay down a smackdown lol

Band - Like Guile's Theme, Band goes with everything. Beat Extend is fantastic in general, but it's especially good for Val since she's otherwise lacking in defensive options. Alternatively you could be using L Bomber for your DP needs, in which case you could run A-Train for vials, but I think L Extend and M/H Bomber is the better combination since that also gets you vials anyway.

Robo - Take it from me, Val with Beam is fun, as is Robo with Bypass! H Bomber can also nicely complement Robo's zoning. though this would leave your team rather squishy without a DP. L Bomber might be the safer option since you've still got Bypass as a zoning assist.

Filia - Just watch CloudKing play and take notes I guess.