• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Idea] Training Mode - Arrow indicating which way they were supposed to block!

Krye

Reaction score
Steam
Krye
Valentine Fukua Filia
Started working on resets and I don't really have a good way of figuring out if I'm crossing or not besides making the recording for on reversal hold this way. But even then, wouldn't it auto-correct? ;_;

An alternative would be to have the dummy only block on crossup and not if you hit in front. Not sure how people using the existing dummy to practice crossups, there might already be a decent way.

How do you set that up?

You can't - I meant that as an alternative implementation to having something displayed on the screen (which requires art assets, etc.).

You can record the dummy holding a direction for a long time and make it not correct the side, then do your combo and when you try to reset he'll block to the side you specified

You can record the dummy holding a direction for a long time and make it not correct the side, then do your combo and when you try to reset he'll block to the side you specified
The dummy doesn't record left/right as much as forward/backward.

Pick Painwheel for yourself, record the dummy to go forward. Fly, stay above the dummy and play. Hilarious.

The dummy doesn't record left/right as much as forward/backward.

Pick Painwheel for yourself, record the dummy to go forward. Fly, stay above the dummy and play. Hilarious.
It does, you can turn off playback side correction.

Reactions: Muro
Record holding back
Play as reversal
Turn off side correction

The good new is my reset is 50/50. And I still haven't seen a way to tell which side it is. ;___; Or how to make it one or the other. ;_______________;

You can also record the dummy doing the combo and try blocking it.