• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Improvements to Training mode

scrubbyscum999

The dream is on hold, till I get my stick back.
Reaction score
Steam
scrubbyscum999
Painwheel Cerebella
I don't know where to post this but here you go. I love training mode. As a complete noob who has never seriously play FGs in his life I find it extremely useful. I like how I can have the hitboxes on and can do various things. I haven't even learned how to savestate yet and I am loving this. Yet, as with anything it can always be improved. I was wondering if we could have a feature like Tutorial mode where it checks off moves you did in a combo of your choosing. I like how in tutorial mode I could always see how far I got in a combo and how close I was to finishing it. This is a scrub request, so if you guys don't allow a custom combo check off list thing I won't sweat it. I just wanted to make the suggestion. I guess this thread can serve as any other minor tweaks or additions in training mode.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I also think that could be really usefull to learn that "magical" combo that we always wanted to do ...
Just like in the tutorial section of the game , the "to do" list of moves for other combos should be editable...

The soultion could be quite simple , maybe you could "turn on" a to do move list for the recording dummy , you could also record those moves in "slow motion" , and later instead of playing back the moves in the dummy you could read the list and as you do the moves it would make a checkbox confirmation as you complete the combo...Basically you could create your own tutorial class.

MikeZ ..Please listen to our prays amen.

I'd like to see...a default position reset. I always forget to record a starting position when I start training mode.

Start > Exit Game > Play Again
A method that takes less than 5 seconds to perform is what he/she/it/SPY is asking for. But yours is still correct.

Start > Exit Game > Play Again
I'd like it to be like in P4A where I can just quickly hit a button instead of having to navigate menus.

Custom check lists could be cool. Personally, I wouldn't mind just having an "Extra Credits" feature for the Tutorials, where you could choose to do a specific action from a lesson 20-times in a row or something.

It might also be kinda neat if you could set up your own "Lesson Plan" in Tutorial Mode using some of the existing tutorial scripts. I'd love to mash together some of the combo and blocking lessons and just make myself go through the actions a dozen times or so. Of course you can recreate similar scenarios in Training Mode, but with so much to learn, I do kinda like the broad automated approach that Tutorial Mode provides.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
A method that takes less than 5 seconds to perform is what he/she/it/SPY is asking for. But yours is still correct.
Then save a state?

Then save a state?
Besides save state (whose whole point is to do just that). Was just humoring Narroo, then IsaVulpes, and now you. Wow I humor a lot of people. Hopefully no one bends this sentence to make it mean otherwise.

Besides save state (whose whole point is to do just that). Was just humoring Narroo, then IsaVulpes, and now you. Wow I humor a lot of people. Hopefully no one bends this sentence to make it mean otherwise.
So you want a humor meter, too?! God, you people want everything!

So you want a humor meter, too?! God, you people want everything!
Actually I want a humor burst, where, upon being combo'd so much and being so angry, you pull at 180 and start laughing insanely into a microphone, allowing you to burst out of combos. Has to be insane laughter, regular laughter will just hurt you for 20 damage/sec that is nonrecoverable.
Actually then you can laugh yourself to death.
But we's off topic now. My suggestion from a while ago is a centerline on characters so you can tell at which point you cross up someone.

But we's off topic now. My suggestion from a while ago is a centerline on characters so you can tell at which point you cross up someone.
Turn on advanced hitboxes. It's already in there.

Turn on advanced hitboxes. It's already in there.
Oh snap they listened! Thanks for the headsup.

I'd like a speed up option in training mode, just like the slow down option, so that I can practise combos in increased speed so that when I do them slower they seem super easy.

With this many features in training mode I would like to have them sorted into different pages similar to KOF 13 or Marvel. It's kinda bothersome that you have to scroll down just to make the dummy jump.