• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

In which I seek to learn the ways of the games of fighting

So, why would I get fireball if I chain s.MP into snap? Is it because I'm dashing and don't realize it?
Two reasons come to mind:
- You do have to hit the buttons within 2f of each other, so QCT P ... K will give you a fireball.
- You might not have a bar of meter, in which case QCT+P+K gives you a fireball. :^)

And a third!
- You can't negative-edge a Snapback. So if you are hitting your buttons early and getting D,DF+P+K, F+release P+K, you will get a fireball instead here too.
(Maybe I should fix this? I didn't realize it until now...)

(Maybe I should fix this? I didn't realize it until now...)
That explains a lot.
If you negative edge the snap back, it doesn't register, but it would register the negative edge for the fireball, so your snap back input would up as Fireball?

I've had this happen with Parasoul and Double so that makes sense.

Oh, okay. I'm probably negative edging it then, since it came up after I checked that I had meter, and I have both MP+MK and HP+HK on macros.

Do it in training mode with Inputs on List until it doesn't happen, and see if you hit the buttons before you get to F.

Well, I finally managed to get a stream with FT3 QM where I wasn't too salty:
I was still salty, but I don't think I swore at all. I'm having a remarkably hard time keeping my cool, not that I've ever been great at it, but it seems to be worsening.

One thing I want to mention is that you are getting a lot better.

I think it's very clear the improvement you've made since NWM and before that, but just in case it isn't I want you to know it's making a difference.
Keep grinding and finding time to practice against players.

Reactions: Shadowfury333