• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

so what's this indemand thing? Does that mean even when the time is up people can keep donating and when a goal is reached we still get it?
Yes.

So the InDemand thing is super awesome, I love the ability to still have access to stretch goals later down the line. But would that bump the cost of them up possibly?

Like say we don't have the animated intro goal after the IGG ends, and we're still a ways off. Things slow down and after a few months we raise enough for it. Would it cost more because the teams working on it have to crunch it out faster for the 2 year planned release window?

So the InDemand thing is super awesome, I love the ability to still have access to stretch goals later down the line. But would that bump the cost of them up possibly?

Like say we don't have the animated intro goal after the IGG ends, and we're still a ways off. Things slow down and after a few months we raise enough for it. Would it cost more because the teams working on it have to crunch it out faster for the 2 year planned release window?

InDemand has no direct fee to my knowledge. I don't see how getting the OP stretch now or few months down the line would change costs drastically if at all because it was already pre-budgeted. It's not like the whole game will get delayed because of that since that can easily be the last thing to deal with if it still needs more time for the funds. If it still doesn't reach the goal after all that time then the game will just be shipped without it not wasting any money.

IGG only takes like 5% or something regardless if In demand or not.

Reactions: Rakurin
If it doesn't reach the goal in 6~12 months we don't get it.

I know, but what I'm saying is; say we reach it now. The animation teams working on it have 2 years to work on it. If we don't reach it for 12 months, now they have 1 year to work on it. I don't expect it to take that long to make anyways, but if it did and they had to rush, would it end up going from like... 1,900,000 to 1,950,000 since they need to produce the same amount of work in a shorter time? Or would there be cutbacks?

I know, but what I'm saying is; say we reach it now. The animation teams working on it have 2 years to work on it. If we don't reach it for 12 months, now they have 1 year to work on it. I don't expect it to take that long to make anyways, but if it did and they had to rush, would it end up going from like... 1,900,000 to 1,950,000 since they need to produce the same amount of work in a shorter time? Or would there be cutbacks?
Your assuming there is a hard deadline. If it was already funded it will take as long as it will take. SG IGG hardly was on time with their estimations but they didn't 'rush' on their shit that it showed.

It will likely at most be a 90 sec opening not an OVA so I doubt it will heavily interfere with timetables to begin with considering all this had to pre planned and budgeted to allow cushion room if necessary.

All this would be moot anyway if that goal gets funded during the campaign [very likely] or early in the In Demand because they at least got close to it.

it seems the stretch goals are structured this way:
  1. smaller goal for +150K
  2. larger goal for +250K

Do they get backers rewards and everything? I was about to ask a classmate to lend me some money but if I can back it later I'll wait until I get the money.
To clarify: Probably not all the tiers will be available for late backers, but I don't know how much you were planning on kicking in.

So is Sangmu's hood full of sand, or is it just a really thick warm hood? It seems to be that she tops up with sand from her hood, and then maybe dyes it using the tassles around her sleeves. Also her entire outfit seems to have a sandy texture. Is she gonna be similar to like Eliza, and her Iddhi's so strong that she can manifest all her outfits?
From what I know, it's clothing covered/infused with sand, not made of sand.

Someone just sent me an image and description of the new incarnation, but I can't find where they got it from?
Is this fake?
The very fakest. We wouldn't leave the golf club handles all kindergarten. They don't let me draw official art. :^P

Just noticed that Qadira's shield seems to be a bit flawed. How does she protect her legs if the shield handle is too low?
She's holding it upside down against her arm - when she brings it up, it doesn't look like that. It covers her forearm.

I don't know how is that OP but my favorite is from Lunar: SSS
Animation, song, music, one of the few intros that I never skipped ( along with MGS 3 ), just awesome.
I immediately remembered that very forced translation, "All things are reaaaaal, unleeeess youdreamthey'renot". :^P
Now...this...I watched this every single time:
If L0 can make something like this...
Oh...I think we can... (^.^)

They don't let me draw official art. :^P

While true, it seems like everyone on the team was allowed the chance to design characters. Did you manage to concept something in the always lovely Mike Z style and get it refined?

Reactions: chickenwithtie
The goals so far are:
1) 1'500'000 - the game
2) +150'000 - extended OST
3) +250'000 - animated opening
4) +150'000 - full VO for major chars
5) +??????? - multiple endings + hardcore dungeon

So, what follows is mostly a little dialogue I had with myself.
Personally I care very little about the opening, in this game or any other. Were it up to just my preference, I'd move that one all the way after the VO and endings/dungeon goal.
I figure more than just personal taste of the team was behind this chosen order of goals, though. Some possible reasoning I deduce here:

a) The opening is an expensive stretch goal, but if memory serves it was said the gap between goals =/= how much those particular goals cost. Chances are the opening costs less than $250k while the later goals cost more than what the gap between them is, but it's distributed like this to even things up. In that case it wouldn't work if the goals were presented in an reversed order. (unless just about the full $250k gets outsourced to the third parties to make the opening, in which case scratch this point)

b) Creating a game is a work of passion. Perhaps in the team's artistic vision the game would be more complete/closer to perfection with an animated opening yet without the full VO/endings/dungeon rather than the other way around.

c) Making it easier to sale the game. People like (and often therefore buy) a game because of eyecandy. Things like a difficult bonus dungeon will be appreciated by veteran players who already own it, but it's hard to present that to someone new and convince him to get the game with it. Whereas scenes from a good opening in a trailer might intrigue him and set him on the path to become a veteran player in the future. Maybe?

Last edited:
I immediately remembered that very forced translation, "All things are reaaaaal, unleeeess youdreamthey'renot". :^P
Now...this...I watched this every single time:

A truly classic! I aways see all opening everytime I go back to this game...

Even in the newest version

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Talking about intros but this isn't an RPG but when CAPCOM was a good company they did a nice intro in a fighting game:

Reactions: Ronus and @J-Boogie
@Mike_Z I will be really dissapointed if the NPC tier isnt still open. I can probably get the money within a few months.

Crossing my fingers XP @Ravidrath

The dungeon stretch goal sounds really interesting. While I'm skeptical if we could reach it, I'd really love to play through it.

Reactions: No longer exist
I noticed a "post-release expansion" mentioned in the stretch goals section on the campaign page. Is this to imply that there may be DLC for Indivisible at some point after its release, or that all the achieved gameplay stretch goals (like the multiple endings / bonus dungeon) may be bundled in a free update later on?

Last edited:
Personally, I'm stoked about the Animated Opening. Not only would it be awesome to finally see Lab Zero characters in FMV glory, but in general, nothing pumps me up more for something than a solid intro. Whenever a game (RPG's in particular) had a really good one, and I knew I was going to be playing for a while, I'd usually sit through it every time. It was kinda like as if I was about to watch the next episode of a TV show.

Speaking of which, whenever I reflect on intros for fantasy related stuff, this one always comes back to mind. Exploding logos, random volcanic eruptions, character montages, wind blowing around everyone like they're stuck in a tornado, and a 90's as fuck soundtrack behind it all...I'm a sucker for that stuff every time. Maybe once you guys see Ajna receiving this kind of treatment, you might get where we "intro fans" are coming from!

Side note - I don't think I would have been able to finish Chrono Cross if it wasn't for the intro.

I personally interpret their stretch goal choice in the way that they gave priority to whatever they themselves don't have to do first, so they can concentrate on making the actual game without having to delay the release date.

Which is also the reason why the multiple endings/hardcore dungeon would be post release content.

I noticed a "post-release expansion" mentioned in the stretch goals section on the campaign page. Is this to imply that there may be DLC for Indivisible at some point after its release, or that all the achieved gameplay stretch goals (like the multiple endings / bonus dungeon) may be bundled in a free update later on?
Take it that most (if not all) of the gameplay based stretch goals will be post release free DLC. The 1.5million funded the game, which is going to be finished first.
The extra stuff like this extra hard dungeon will be added in later, once the game has shipped.

EDIT: Clarified that I meant FREE post launch DLC, like Shovel Knight did.

Last edited:
Reactions: @J-Boogie
I do not like, "anime," intros... save for Samurai Champloo, I guess, and that was pretty atypical of the genre.

BUT, as far as bang for the buck goes, it'll attract a lot of people, and make them pretty happy. It's smart.

I do love Titmouse, though.

It sounds like a free thing to me. DLC never came to my mind. It doesn't really makes sense to make a stretch goal for it then make it a DLC then have to pay for it.

Tenoch is also the name of the dude that founded Tenochtitlan, which more or less became the capital for the Aztec.
Actually, Ténoch was the first Huey tlatoani, or mexica emperor. The name of the city was Cuauhmixtitlan when he was born in 1299 A. D., and he died in 1363 A. D. In 1376, after conquering Chalco, Ténoch's succesor, Acamapichtli, renamed Cuauhmixtitlan to Tenochtitlan in memory of Ténoch.

Reactions: Fizzxwizz
For what I remember Mike said he prefer not to have any DLC stuff this time

Pretty sure backers will definetly get that for free. Not sure about those that didn't back it. My guess is it will probably cost? I mean a person has to live right?

The final hardcore dungeon sounds pretty fucking nice. Whatever comes after that I'm okay with just up to 2.3 mil if anything happens. Don't feel the need for co-op for now.

Also I think they said post release content will be released for free after it's funded. Pretty sure mike said no dlc ever. Don't know if it's going to be exactly like this.

Also also you get access to the beta with the 30$ tier and up right?

Because else fuck I'd have to upgrade to 60 or something

For what I remember Mike said he prefer not to have any DLC stuff this time

Oh i guess that settles that then. I suppose everyone gets to experience a complete game then, which is great.

Edit: Also why is all the sudden @Muro a chicken!? lol

Last edited:
Well the game costs 30$ already. Makes sense to not have DLCs :Y

[tweet]

Thank you for showing this to me. The indivisible twitter doesn't respond to me so I wasn't sure XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it was funded ahead of time, everybody got Skullgirls DLC for free, even if they didn't contribute. I suspect this will follow that logic, regardless of whether it's DLC, or a game update.

Because it was funded ahead of time, everybody got Skullgirls DLC for free, even if they didn't contribute. I suspect this will follow that logic, regardless of whether it's DLC, or a game update.

Oh yeah snap. I completly forgot about that. Yeah my logic makes no sense in this regard then. lol RIP

Well for Skullgirls it was temporarily free. Granted it was like a several month window, but temporary nevertheless. Although 2nd Encore PS4/Vita came with all the dlc. "Worst" case scenario it would be likely be temporary free for non backers at least based on how the SG IGG handled it.

I wasn't wondering if the stretch goal content would be free. It's just that when I read that bit about the expansion, my first interpretation was that they were basically saying 'We're not going to do many gameplay-oriented stretch goals because we're considering them for an expansion (like Bloodborne's recent DLC) later and we don't want to overstress our development schedule for the core game.'

The quote:
"As such, most gameplay-oriented additions are currently being considered as content for a post-release expansion."

Last edited:
I suppose everyone gets to experience a complete game then, which is great.
that was already true for the 1.5 million goal
which was the best part about making it all the way

I'm a flower. Chicken is a chicken. Obviously.
but what came first, the flower or the chicken?