• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I never noticed how close the campaign is the the animated opening, that's great.
I have a question; the pace is extremely slow for being so close to the stretch goal. Does the InDemand status make it harder to back the project? I don't know the difference between backing it while it is still open and doing it late with InDemand, but it seems like it's slowed the pace down. Does it prevent people who have already backed the project from upgrading their tiers? How does it work, exactly?

Well there is a problem with upgrading and L0 is still figuring it out since they will have to do it "by hand".

Other than that I think it's mostly the "we have more than a year to do it" mentality.

I bet we gonna have a big surge when L0 announces the ending date of InDemand.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
I wouldn't be surprised if people are a bit campaigned-out. I know I am.

I mean, we made it. The game's being made. The nice people at Lab Zero still have jobs. We can relax now.

Reactions: Ryin
I wouldn't be surprised if people are a bit campaigned-out. I know I am.

I mean, we made it. The game's being made. The nice people at Lab Zero still have jobs. We can relax now.
But with only 5k to the stretch goal, you'd think the pace would be a lot faster. People are probably burned out, though.

I never noticed how close the campaign is the the animated opening, that's great.
I have a question; the pace is extremely slow for being so close to the stretch goal. Does the InDemand status make it harder to back the project? I don't know the difference between backing it while it is still open and doing it late with InDemand, but it seems like it's slowed the pace down. Does it prevent people who have already backed the project from upgrading their tiers? How does it work, exactly?

- Christmas
- Lab 0 rest time
- End of Year

Next year probably we are back with more "marketing" to get more goals :D

This has actually been pretty good pace for a Slacker Backer campaign so far, especially with the holiday stuff people have mentioned, and the fact that it had a high funding goal to begin with. There's also little to no press for it right now, so making nearly $10k in a month despite these things is really good.

I think what's cool about the InDemand feature, is that it uses the same format as the standard IGG page, including the same address links. That means a good chunk of the money we've raised so far could be from people discovering the campaign for the first time off of old shares, or just from playing the prototype. Typically a big problem is having to forward people from the campaign page to a Humble Widget, or other Slacker Backer site, which gets quickly overlooked.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this next update video that the team is working on. Hopefully they're having good luck finding that new office.

Reactions: Radnar
[colo

At this pace, we'll have the Special dungeon in Two Weeks™

Hopefully it picks up around Feb, since people should be caught back up on bills and stuv

Yeah it's gonna be slow. When Lab Zero starts updating again we'll see an uptick in donation. Most people probably already got the goal they were happy with. ( I know I did. )

Besides these are stretch goals. While nice, they're not live or die. :) lets just be happy we're getting the game.

New Page! I can finally post this!

Sooooo, when i first read Dhar's story i was curious as fuck as to what "Pro-Kala rule" could possibly mean. (What's their stance on immigration? kek.) But one day i was digging up conspiracies as usual and i came up with this stuff. It's Hindu scripture pertaining to the "Kali Yuga" or "Age of Kali/Vice", the final times before justice is re-established and the cycle of Yugas/Ages starts over:

“The wife of Irreligion was named Falsehood. She was very beautiful, and had eyes like those of a cat. They had a son named Pride, who was always very angry and energetic. Pride had a sister named Illusion, and within her womb, she begot a son named Greed and a daughter named Cunning. Greed begot a son named Anger in the womb of Cunning. Envy, was Anger’s sister. From the womb of Envy, Anger begot a son named KALI. Kali is always seen to be holding his genitals in his left hand”. “Kali’s abdomen is like that of a crow, his face is frightening to behold, and his tongue is red and appears to be full of greed. Kali is very fond of playing chess, drinking wine, enjoying the company of prostitutes and associating with gold merchants. “ “Kali’s sister was Harsh Speech. From her womb, Kali begot a son named Fear and a Daughter named Death. Fear begot a son named Hell, from the womb of Death and Hell begot ten thousand sons in the womb of his sister, Excessive Pain. Thus I have described the progeny of Kali, who were all blasphemous of genuine religious principles. “ “All these relatives of Kali were the destroyers of sacrifice, study of the Vedas. They were reservoirs of mental distress, disease, old age, sorrow, lamentation and fear. “ “These descendant of Kali are found wandering everywhere throughout the kingdom of Kali, destroying the people of the world. They are misguided by the influence of time, very restless by nature, full of lusty desires, extremely sinful, very proud, and violent even to their own father and mother. “ “These fallen souls are very fond of dry arguments, and they use religion as a means of livelihood, as a profession. They are fallen from the execution of their vows, and sell wine and other abominable things, including meat. They are cruel by nature, and very fond of gratifying their bellies and genitals. For this reason, they lust after the wives of others and are always seen intoxicated. They were not born of a mother and father who were properly married, and they are short in height and always engaged in sinful acts, such as cheating others. They generally reside in a sacred place, live for only 16 years, associate with wretched people and only consider brother in law to be friend or relative. “ “The people of Kali-yuga are accustomed to quarreling and fighting amongst themselves. They go to great lengths to groom their hair, wear their best of clothes and decorate themselves with costly ornaments.“ “In Kali yuga a person with a lot of money will naturally be respected as a great soul. In Kali yuga people will blasphemy a spiritual master or other elderly person without hesitation. Indeed, people will become hypocrites, liars and cheaters. “ “In Kali yuga, the low character people will accept charity from others, or else plunder other’s wealth without discrimination. Mutual agreement will become the sole criteria for solemnizing the marriage of a boy and a girl. People will show sympathy and magnanimity, but will simply be a form of duplicity. Forgiveness will be granted only when a person is unable to harm the offending party. In a society of might makes right, people will easily become annoyed with those in a weaker position. Even fools will be very talkative in attempt to prove they are learned. People will engage in religious ceremonies, but simply to acquire a reputation. If one has wealth, he will be considered a saint. “ “The Earth will restrict the production of grains. The currents of rivers will flow very rapidly, and even married women will behave little better than prostitutes, because they will practically have no attachment to their husbands. Women will become promiscuous, s that they will be easily abandoned by their husbands. Clouds will shower rain very irregularly, and the land will not have sufficient crops. Kings will whimsically kill and torture their subjects, and burden them with excessive taxes. Such unfortunate subjects will finally take their family and belongings and take shelter of mountains and dense forests. The people of Kali yoga will sustain their lives by eating flesh, honey, fruit and roots, without discrimination. Almost everyone will take pleasure in blaspheming the Supreme Lord, Shri Kirishna. These are some of the symptoms that will manifest at the beginning of the Kali yoga.“ “In the second quarter of Kali Yuga, people will no longer chant the Holy names of Lord Krishna. In the third quarter of the Kali Yuga, there will be an upsurge of unwanted population, and in the final quarter of of Kali yuga there will be only one class of human beings, because God consciousness will have long be forgotten.“ “When the study of the Vedas, performance of sacrifice, chanting of mantras and other religious practices thus disappear from this world during Kali yuga, the demigods, being afflicted due to not receiving their share of sacrificial offerings, will take shelter of Lord Brahma, the grandfather of the universe, and expressed their concerns. “ (after one chapter in which Heavenly abodes were described, with flowers and birds). In next chapter Lord Vishnu decides to take an incarnation to remove the Kali from Earth, and bring back justice to people. “My mission will be to eliminate the wicked Kali, with the help of my four brothers” “ O demigods. Your expansions should also take birth on the Earth to assist me in My mission. My consort will also take birth on Earth as my wife, Padma. “ “O, Demigods, do not delay. By your plenary portions, take birth on the Earth. Later on, I will entrust the responsibility for ruling the Earth to two powerful Kings named Maru and Devapi” “I will then again re establish Satya-yuga, and thus reinstate the principles of religion as they were before. Rest assured that I will return only after destroying the poisonous snake, Kali.” The next chapters describe the birth of Lord Kalki on Earth, his family, his childhood ceremonies. Followed by his marriage to Padma. Then, the fight with Kali, and then reestablishing peace and justice on Earth.
Man, this really makes me hope Ajna succeeds in her mission. (to "punch Kala/Kali in the face"?) Maybe she is supposed to be one of the "four brothers/demigods" described here? Or the offspring of one? Also, i just realized Toko's lore could be related too.
Also, anyone else reminded of "modern" times by this text? ;)

Last edited:
I didn't realize we'd be getting an Indivisible theme for PS4... I might have to retire my Skullgirls one (it's such a good theme though....)

Anyways, for those who are interested, I remade "Crucial Fixture" from the prototype in the style of Secret of Mana.

~Here you go~

hmmmm the music good. If you have extra free time it would be cool to add a little extra fanfare to it. If you don't then that's okay as well.

Side question: this is midi aye?

hmmmm the music good. If you have extra free time it would be cool to add a little extra fanfare to it. If you don't then that's okay as well.

Side question: this is midi aye?
Not sure how much more I can squeeze out while still keeping within the style... The SNES can only handle 8 sounds happening at a time and I maxed things out through pretty much the entire track =/

Maybe if I was better at orchestration.....

Edit: "Is it midi?"
...Yes? Not sure what you're asking. Midi is a data format, not an audio format. So I used midi to make this (just as Kikuta-san likely used midi to write all of indivisible's music). The actual sounds you here are taken out of a Secret of Mana soundfont, which is a compressed file format used by the snes to hold all of the sound samples for a game.

Edit 2: To clarify further, I didn't use a midi file to write this. I figured the melodies etc. out by ear and used the audio samples from Secret of Mana to make this. Midi is just a general thing used by audio software (and hardware) to communicate information.

Last edited:
Now, do it again, but in Mario Maker.

.... wish I could figure it out myself. Wanted to make Rydia's Theme, but I can't understand the note scales and timing for it x,x

edit: after giving it a listen, it's insanely close to his SoM boss music.

Last edited:
@BlaineAC

For your next Indivisible music in the style of SoM!

Secrets of Indivisible.png

Note: I couldn't find a standalone coloured version of the Boss online so I took a still frame of Zone's gifs and coloured ontop of that. :-I

looking back at it, it's a little pal, should have kicked the contrast up a little more.

Last edited:
~Here you go~
That's great man, thanks for posting it! I dunno how fellow musicians regard the skill of re-sequencing songs and all, but it's always impressed me a ton. It sounds pretty close to the real thing too.

You could definitely push the SNES soundcard limits further though (just listen to SoM). Heck, if you want to go on a limb, you could seriously try sending this to Kikuta himself via his Twitter or YT channel or something! If he has time, he might actually be able to message you back and offer some pointers. He's cool like that!

Reactions: Ninja
i hope the animators are the guys who animated the freak of the week video.

nice mix of 2d and 3d.

Reactions: CountofBleck
Creepin closer to that $3k left mark.
What's that? Couldn't hear you over there being $2,650 left.

We're getting lotsa sudden surges now.

As of this post we need 1,620$ more. Don't blink because you might miss it!

We're there any more stretch goals past the ones they've announced? Or is this it and these are the last "bonuses" so to speak?

We're there any more stretch goals past the ones they've announced? Or is this it and these are the last "bonuses" so to speak?

There was talk about multiplayer support here and there. It's even mentioned off-hand on the IGG page.

I'm sure there's more. There was talk about online functionality and co-op for stretch goals, probably past the bonus dungeon.

See? I TOLD you people we would be getting the Anime Opening Goal by Christmas.

Come on Holiday Cheer. Someone get the eggnog

Ya'll all wrong. It's Studio Ghibli.

You know I hadn't considered people getting tiers for the game as christmas presents.

For example.

tumblr_nzsdv6b5dQ1sfv767o1_1280.png
With a name like that, giving $1000 after a campaign's closed~~

With a name like that, giving $1000 after a campaign's closed~~
Wait no I said that it was given to me as a Christmas gift

The joke being that they didn't tell me and I found out by "wait why does it say I donated 1000 to Indivisble"

the reason is christmas holidays. (or winter holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas)

less people spending money on game campaigns.

Wait no I said that it was given to me as a Christmas gift

The joke being that they didn't tell me and I found out by "wait why does it say I donated 1000 to Indivisble"
In my sleepy state, I honestly failed at making a joke about being sane to donate $1k... cause that's a lotta money to me and stuff... I'll.. er... goto bed now >.>

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
In my sleepy state, I honestly failed at making a joke about being sane to donate $1k... cause that's a lotta money to me and stuff... I'll.. er... goto bed now >.>
Will you stay there for a couple of days? :^)