• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

He cooperates with Kala in some way afair. But from what I've got he does what he want in that country. I could be mistaken though. If some of you want to know more, you should check out Ahad's lore stream. There's recording on Indiv's yt channel.

Hehe, that's exactly what i watched, I thought i remembered every detail but i might need to watch it again to absorb it all. There's so many little comments and small remarks that shape the lore significantly. Yes, i'm that guy that reads into everything.

Please read something VERY interesting I found about Kala and Ajna:

http://www.jinalaya.com/jainism/ajiva.htm

To be as simple as possible [because my english aren't good sadly], there are many names related with the characters of the game:

Ajna is related with the name Ajiva.
Ajiva is the universal name of five Astikaya.
Astikaya is Asti & Kaya. Asti means space, body or mode and Kaya means collection. So Astikaya means a collection of spaces or regions.
However Ajiva is non-sentient, without a soul.
The one who is sentient with soul is Jiva.
Both Jiva and Ajiva are crucial elements for the order of universe.
If we connect this with Anja ability to have incarnations to her side and being an empty boby, this is connected with the theory of emptiness I mentioned already in other thread I created.
Ajna is trying to fix the universe by connecting different type of regions to her emptiness.

However Kala, isn't like the other Astikaya.
Specificaly is Marana Kala.

3. Marana kala - The end of life is called marana kala.

Really? I thought he was Kala's top enforcer, wouldn't his other 3 "elite generals" (Dhar was the fourth) as i think they were called, come first? I hope one is female...
My guess is that they'll show up as boss fights or antagonists of sorts.

Btw I dound a fanart[?] of Kala:

e00.png

Or it is official art?

----

Except from the obvious explaination I provide with also the more detailed info from the link, the names are very similar.
Plus there is another character with a similar name:
Dhar have a similar name with Dharma, one of the Astikaya.

Last edited:
Itching to use BackerKit to upgrade my pledge, the occasional "splurge" on other media *cough*Journal3*cough* is too much to handle >.>;;

Same here. I wanna really push for that voice acting and also get the sick statue.
ouhb1eqdfuy1nuecfi1z.png

I'm already up to the framed print but like... I love Lab Zero. They need my money more than me right now. I'd rather spend it on helping them make this super crazy awesome game than on whatever else I'd spend it on (really just more crappy games)

she's confirmed to be named after third eye chakra called Ajna

Nice. But as I said, there are a lot of clues the developers took inspiration from those ideas and mythologies.
Even the universe in the game have the name Loka.
I hope I am right.

I don't remember who, but wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back into the infancy days of the thread, you can find mythos comparencies of many many things.

Btw I dound a fanart[?] of Kala:

e00.png

Or it is official art?
It kinda reminds me of Ajnas super form

That's official art of Kala.

Really? It was difficult to find it, so I guessed it was just a fanart. I never saw Kala before.

Here it is
art-eater.com/2015/11/the-real-life-inspirations-behind-indivisible/

Thank you so much for show this to me. I will make sure to read it all.

Last edited:
Really? It was difficult to find it, so I guessed it was just a fanart. I never saw Kala before.
It was in the very first announcement trailer actually.

It's prolly cause it's a stillshot from one of the first trailers.

It's prolly cause it's a stillshot from one of the first trailers.

Oh yeah. I rewatched and I saw her.
Plus I realised there are more incarnations than the ones Lab Zero already promoted.
Cool. Always cool.

---

I did a quick research to see the inspirations of the new enemies as I said I would do:

Paidal: in Hindi means "On Foot". Not surprise here. This enemy is a footsoldier.

Oont: Now here is a very interesting find. Normally Oont means "Camel", but this have a double meaning. Specificaly in Chess. In Hindi the Chesspieces have the names of different kind of animals/people/deities. Oont specificaly is the Bishop.

Haathi:
The shame goes for this enemy. In Hindi means "Elephant" and of course it is the Rook in Chess.

*Expect in other words enemies with the name of Hindi's Chesspieces. MÄR Manga/Anime much?*

Kaatar: Simply it means "Dagger" in Hindi. Nothing special as far I see.

Last edited:
Speaking of incarnations, while the ones we have are cool and varied, I wonder if we will get any more than shown. Like you said probably, and I hope that we get a monster character as an incantation. We already have some pretty close though, but I still really enjoy some variation of an enemy unit as my ally.

OH MY!!!!! What I found about our Lord Ravannavar!!!!

We know Ravannavar come from the name "Ravana".
But did you know Ravana is also the inventor of Hindi Chess?

*From Internet [duh]*

The “Legend” is that the semi-demonic king of Lanka (who was a product of the mating of sage Vishrava a Brahmin from India and the Rakshasi Kaikesi an inhabitant of India and daughter of a king) Ravana invented Chess for the pleasure of his queen Mandodari to pass her time in the “Ashoka Vatika”. His wife Mandodari was a brilliant strategist and easily bored and Ravana invented Chess so as to keep her amused and occupied. Mandodari is revered as part of the Panchkanya even today.

So expect MORE inspiread enemies base of Chesspieces.

---

Speaking of incarnations, while the ones we have are cool and varied, I wonder if we will get any more than shown. Like you said probably, and I hope that we get a monster character as an incantation. We already have some pretty close though, but I still really enjoy some variation of an enemy unit as my ally.

As I said already, when I rewatched the first trailer of Indivisible, I notice some Incarnations that never get mentioned by Lad Zero. Maybe among them are some monster inspiring characters as you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: E!Damnation
*golf clap*

yes i like this sort of deeper meaning behind character's names and how they build a theme around each other. This is a mark of great universe building, that and great character interaction, which we know LZ is going to do in the form of side quests and what not to help flesh out Ajna's party members.

oh we know about the few that haven't gotten a video intro. Like Scottsman Samurai Golfer, and the Renaissance Archer. pretty sure they will get into the game one way or another either as a side npc or as a fleshed out party member, only they would be harder to get, requiring other quests to be fulfilled or certain party members to be present when talking to said possible incarnation.

Quick note: in russian we call that chesspeice an elephant instead of bishop. I guess it came from India without change. We also call queen a vizier which also makes sense for the east I guess, but we call rook a boat for whatever reason. I guess it's probably on our end =ъ

Lol I googled it. In hindi bishop is camel and rook is elephant so I guess we screwed it up a little when we were adopting chess in russia =ъ

Also pawn is obviously a footman.

Aaaaaaaaand at last I found the last form of Ravannavar!!!!!!!
But it is obvious after I done something specificaly:

*I put spoiler for the people who don't want to know*

Go in "0:46". Count the eyes the weird TALL shadow creature you will see

I AM ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Quick note: in russian we call that chesspeice an elephant instead of bishop. I guess it came from India without change. We also call queen a vizier which also makes sense for the east I guess, but we call rook a boat for whatever reason. I guess it's probably on our end =ъ

Lol I googled it. In hindi bishop is camel and rook is elephant so I guess we screwed it up a little when we were adopting chess in russia =ъ

Also pawn is obviously a footman.

As I said, base the translation I get from Paidal, it means "on foot", so yeah, maybe you are right.
But maybe it would br another enemy with the name "Sainik". Who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheesedragon
As I said, base the translation I get from Paidal, it means "on foot", so yeah, maybe you are right.
But maybe it would br another enemy with the name "Sainik". Who knows.
It IS footman in russian and in hindi it's (P) प्यादा (pyādā, infantryman). So I think footman should be related to the pawn piece.

Kaatar: Simply it means "Dagger" in Hindi. Nothing special as far I see.

Katars are also known as push daggers. They're what Voldo uses in the Soul Calibur games.

Ornamental_katar.jpg

They're what Voldo uses in the Soul Calibur games.
And here I thought Voldo hurt people with the sheer power of making them uncomfortable and nauseous.

Were? Do you mean the spoiler? The spoiler for me is working.

It's next to delete.

EDIT:
image.png

See

It's so you don't post multiple times when trying to fix a post. Won't get too mad now since your new but really learn to edit since it can get cluttering and a bit annyoing.

Were? Do you mean the spoiler? The spoiler for me is working.

I think he means you should edit your last post instead of posting twice in a row. It's a common forum etiquette.

Aaaaaaaaand at last I found the last form of Ravannavar!!!!!!!
Ahhh, you're on to something there! The top set definitely looks like him. For a long time I had just assumed that was part of Kala.

It's next to delete.

EDIT:

It's so you don't post multiple times when trying to fix a post. Won't get too mad now since your new but really learn to edit since it can get cluttering and a bit annyoing.

Really? Do you think is annoying to have two or more post together? Why?

Because "Edit" EXISTS specifically so you don't have to do that, that's why.
Use it. This isn't 2004 anymore. :^)

I was using edit only to fix my English all the time.
Strange. In the other sites the mods don't say something to me about multi-posting in a row.
So how I merge two posts with the edit button now?

Copy the post text, edit insert, and delete the old one. Or ask the mods to do that since they have the power to merge.

Copy the post text, edit insert, and delete the old one. Or ask the mods to do that since they have the power to merge.

I will give it a shot.
If I fail, please Mod use your Technomancer's Magic to merge my double posts.

---

I think I fixed everything.
I am a good Shark. Yes, I am.

---

Btw Magma442, who is the character you have for Avatar if I may ask?

Last edited:
Reactions: earlfriend