• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Loving the little finger wiggle.

Liking Razmi more and more.

Here's hoping she gets an attack with jazz hands...

Reactions: MooseHogBro
She's a shaman. She gets spirit fingers. <3

*Clapping slowly*
Good job at ignoring literally 3/4 of my post, Skull Heart. Nicely done.
*shrugs casually*
Hmm? Your previous post looked like a question to Mike. Do you want us to guess what Mike might say so you can have an hypothetical answer?

But to your point, and Kai's talk of character vs. player agency, I prefer a game that insists on the character's behalf. Which would you pick?

Freedom, but in character: Metal Gear Solid, in a final showdown, Solid Snake has an opportunity to fire a stinger missile to kill his enemy, but also an ally (why am I being vague? Surely everyone has played this classic). The player can aim and pull the trigger, but Snake will mutter refusal "No! I can't do it!"

Freedom, but out of character: Like in GTA:San Andreas, you can make CJ pack on 40 pounds at Cluckin' Bell, wear rival gang colors and then go lob grenades at his own house while hovering by jetpack in the clouds.

(both examples aren't strictly RPGs but you get what I'm sayin' riiiight?)

I hope we never see her feet.
they should remain a mystery.
she needs to just be this legless being propped up by a coat.

Dude, I'm liking her for her effects. Sorry, I'm a girl who loves some wild and amazing animations and effects for spells/attacks in RPGs XD

I hope we never see her feet.
they should remain a mystery.
she needs to just be this legless being propped up by a coat.
This is the internet man. everything is going to come off.

But to your point, and Kai's talk of character vs. player agency, I prefer a game that insists on the character's behalf.

There's also the greatest freedom of all.

Freedom to lose and die.

Anyway, I've really drifted away from that "you are the silent hero, do whatever you want" format on a lot of levels. Storywise, I'm more of a character person over plot. Gameplay wise, walking simulators don't really appeal to me. I'd rather have a tight, gut wrenching experience (either because of intense gameplay or good writing, or both) over playing with virtual lint.

So now she's a zombie. Kay. Guess Zeb is next

I like how she moves her hips doing the move. xD

I don't really like how "silly" the animation is personally, but the particle effect looks great.

I like how the tiger itself is a completely different art style. Kinda like one of those tigers off a wall scroll

Did that Hungry Ghost just lick her...

That aside, Zebei's my BOY! I wonder if left-right variations will eventually be a thing too. I like the switch to an active battle system. It's gonna feel like I'm going to have to think about what I do for every battle.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I can imagine the strategical value of this system, i'm in love. =P

Hmm looks like it works basically like I thought it would. Really looking forward to the prototype.

razmi.jpg

Also Tungar's knocked down and wake up animations are so good.

Everything is animated so well. The new enemy shown is really interesting and looks great.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

I can't wait for the prototype, I need this in my hands yesterday D=

Y'know, this has definitely been one of my favorite parts of these videos:
n72PtnY.png

But man, it's awesome to finally see the combat in motion, and the team attacks are already looking slick! That battle music was just getting warmed up too! I'm really looking forward to experiencing the whole package soon.

Here's hoping she gets an attack with jazz hands...

but seriously tho way too hyped for this ive been using dark souls and bloodborne for my metroidvania fix and i cant wait for a 2d metroidvania

Did Zebei just fire a bow with his feet?! +5 style points.

Question @Mike_Z

Hypothetically, the party guild won´t be so broken if we attack perfectly- mastered/practiced the cooldowns between the part members and always attack the enemy to reach 0 HP?

Y'know, this has definitely been one of my favorite parts of these videos:
n72PtnY.png

But man, it's awesome to finally see the combat in motion, and the team attacks are already looking slick! That battle music was just getting warmed up too! I'm really looking forward to experiencing the whole package soon.
If this means what i think it means then:

I'm loving the music with each new video.