• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

So, kind of like South Park Stick of Truth, how you can use an ability and still use your regular attack, but with a turn meter as opposed to a set amount of actions.
Noooo, like Valkyrie Profile, except spending more bar on two characters at once, or something.
Like I said, not even in consideration for now cuz prototype.

Ha ha, I'd sig that, but touting that statement might look pretentious lol. Plus it's not necessarily a compliment lol.
Yeah, sigging comments from developers is super pretentious and should be avoided.

Re: prototype, how complete will it be? I gather there'll be one properly textured stage, but will all the incarnates and enemies be fully animated, or are you aiming to have some lineart frames?

Probably something you may not want to reveal just yet, but how many actions per character are you aiming for on a regular playthrough? As in, how many blocks would a character's ATB gauge have?

Reactions: alexpi and Mike_Z
Re: prototype, how complete will it be? I gather there'll be one properly textured stage, but will all the incarnates and enemies be fully animated, or are you aiming to have some lineart frames?
Aiming for zero lineart frames. And some other maybe-suave presentation parts.

Probably something you may not want to reveal just yet, but how many actions per character are you aiming for on a regular playthrough? As in, how many blocks would a character's ATB gauge have?
Start with 1, earn up to 3. Might be more for fast characters in the real game, or less for slower/harder hitting characters. Won't be that way in the prototype for sure.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
I was watching the gameplay video for awhile, and i could notice some counters, and some slightly variances between Ajna hits (Most of the time the way she kicks the opponent), does that matter if she hits an enemy with a jumping kick or a regular kick?.

Also, i couldn't see any critical hits, i guess this won't be added.

does that matter if she hits an enemy with a jumping kick or a regular kick?
Yes, you have 3 different attacks. Regular kick is one, jumping kick is another. Jumping kick does a teensy bit less damage but can hit enemies over a much wider range, toward and away from the camera.

Also, i couldn't see any critical hits, i guess this won't be added.
Yessir, you are correct, randomly getting a critical hit is not a thing I plan on doing. Intentionally getting damage bonuses other ways, though, also yes.

Reactions: 0xFAIL
I'm probably overthinking what is ultimately a barebones showing of the combat system, so this may be a bit rambly...

I noticed that when the enemy's doing a move, your action bar is grayed out. If that means you can't do anything while the opponent is moving, then it implies mitigation (or at least healing) is going to either be a dedicated action from Razmi, a (potentially limited) resource all it's own like items or something, part of that not-implemented super meter, or just being relegated to "Killing them is 100% mitigation". Makes me feel like I'd need to super-optimize my combos and targeting priority just to thin the numbers so that I don't risk an unlucky gib from enemies deciding they *really* want to punch Zebei in the face to the exclusion of the other members. My alpha strike making or breaking the fight.

Then again, that's kinda how VP was anyways in the latergame, as I remember it. Kill guys dead in one fell swoop or hope your death-preventing effects kick in when they drop a Great Magic or some other nasty hit on your squad. Which begs the question: What sort of hinderance, if any, will a dead character (particularly Ajna) be? IIRC, in VP if Lenneth faceplanted you had exactly 3 turns no matter what to either win the fight or rez her before your Einherjar dissipated and you lost the fight. Any dead characters at fight's end would be back up at 1 HP or so. Will having to manage resources (including health) between fights instead of just inside fights be a thing?

Hopefully nothing like P3 or FF13's "Lucky instadeath or entire enemy party targets your leader? Hope you saved recently!" deal...

Will there be magic or different kinds of it like in VP or something different? Either proto or planned game I mean.

We're almost middle september, soon we'll get the playable demo, i'm hyped as hell and the goddamned government is making my country's money worth nothing

this kickstarter will make me cry SO HARD. I won't be able to back it as well as i intended.

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
I've done a few low-level runs. In general though I try to restrict myself to a level where winning feels possible without taking the challenge out.
Same here, my friend. I hate grinding and love challenges and, fortunately, the two go hand in hand. I'm also pretty frugal in games, borderline ascetic, so I dont buy many items/weapons. I once went through half an rpg with like one of the first three beginning weapons. Heck I'm currently playing Nier (lvl 22 and about a quarter million gold) and I'm still using a lvl 1 weapon I got pretty early in the game. Good times.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I'm not sure if this has been asked, but will any of Indivisable's crowdfunding stretch goals relate back to SG? Only curious.
From what I understand LZ doesn't own the SG ip so probably not.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but will any of Indivisable's crowdfunding stretch goals relate back to SG? Only curious.

From what I understand LZ doesn't own the SG ip so probably not.

None of the stretch goals will call back to SG, but something in the final game might. We'd need to work it out with Autumn, though.

You just had to say it. You might not know what you potentially unleashed.

Skullgirls Third Encore: Launch Party three The world edition. \o\

We're almost middle september, soon we'll get the playable demo, i'm hyped as hell and the goddamned government is making my country's money worth nothing

this kickstarter will make me cry SO HARD. I won't be able to back it as well as i intended.
Oh boy, this. I'm not sure if I'm able to spend as much as I did for Encore but even if I were in dollars it still will be only half of my Encore donation =/

Skullgirls 2: Breaking a Leg.

Sorry. I hope you're able to throw in some Skullgirls Easter Eggs in the game. Not only for the fans, but also a fun nod to the roots of the company =3

Tis the only other game they've made, they'd be crazy not to!

I don't have nearly as much in funds available as I expected. I'll throw what I can, but hopefully my financial situation will change before the end of the kickstarter. After how much Skullgirls has stuck with me, there's no reason not to invest in Indivisible.

Oh yeah, everyone talking about how broke they are gives me SUCH HOPE! :^P
Problem is dollar was like 35-40 rubles/$ back then. Now it's 70.

everyone talking about how broke they are gives me SUCH HOPE!
Money might be tight but I've basically made sure financially since this was announced that I will be able to give as much as I can.

Far as I see it, if you can't contribute much, but you've had a question about Indivisible answered by a Lab Zero representative on Skullheart/NeoGaf/Twitter/etc., then I think you owe the campaign at least $1 for each answered question. These guys took the time to talk to you while balancing their work for this free prototype, so at least show them a little appreciation.

I'm assuming most of us here are ready to throw down more than that, though. I know I'm at least going all-digital, but I'll be trying my best to adopt a Tapir if I can.

I may not have a lot atm, but I definately have plans to make sure I can still give a sizable amount by the time it ends lol. You guys deserve ever cent we can muster and then some.

Heck I owe Mike just for all the advice I've gotten from him, whether direct or stuff/videos involving him I've looked over. contributing to Indivisible is my way of giving back in a very physical way. With my wallet.

Reactions: KaboomKid
What we lack in purchasing power we make up for in soul power, Mike. Obviously the same goes for you.

Somebody call Chris G and we can power Indivisible's development solely through Soul Fisting it

Ohh~, that might involve more fisting than you're prepared for
68175.png

considering I lost my home back in June and haven't been able to get back on my feet with an empty bank account, yeah.. makes things hard to do. I wanna support this yes, but I'm one broke and out of luck girl... If anything, I'll give ya'll my Youtube earnings.. ain't much but hey.. I love you guys.

don't want to be that dick but yeah what does coming here saying your broke fix? not talking to anyone in particular. I mean we could give sympathy but that's it. and most probably won't even give that. Officially that dick.

don't want to be that dick but yeah what does coming here saying your broke fix? not talking to anyone in particular. I mean we could give sympathy but that's it. and most probably won't even give that. Officially that dick.

It fixes our tattered hearts, to lay our sorrows bare, and to know that we are never alone.

Well I'm gonna help my friend raise the cash so we can double-team (hopefully) a heigh tier. Pls make it so you can get multiple digital copies because that'll be great.

I might also do commissions, donate money to Indivisible and you get something drawn but I'm not sure how legal that is.

Well, yeah. You just go "All money raised through these commissions will go towards Indivisible campaign". Done.

considering I lost my home back in June and haven't been able to get back on my feet with an empty bank account, yeah.. makes things hard to do. I wanna support this yes, but I'm one broke and out of luck girl... If anything, I'll give ya'll my Youtube earnings.. ain't much but hey.. I love you guys.
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that signal-boosting (spreading the word of your enthusiasm) can be a great way to help if you can't give as much as you'd like to.

I might also do commissions, donate money to Indivisible and you get something drawn but I'm not sure how legal that is.
We had a "bounty thread" for the skullgirls IGG where people did basically what you described. Even better, it was a contest! I would totally compete in that again, especially since we have so many more people on this forum now.

inb4 Buri makes another entrance like the kool aid man.

The reason ppl coming out saying their broke isn't to dishearten anyone though, it's to say they wish they could help and still show support, they just don't have the fund to help in the most immediate way, which would be via helping fund the crowdfunding. Sorry if it feels negative in anyway I guess XD

It's better if you do commissions for yourself and donate all at once.
I haven't got shit set up to donate online, If I could give physical money, yeah but I can't take money for online commissions so I have to do it indirectly.