• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Lets get pewdepie or jacksepticeye to play indivisible. all you have to do is mention cute girl being licked by monster and one of them is bound to jump on it.

If the Cannons put out ads for their MinecraftHearthstone kickstart on SRK I'm sure they'd take kindly to Indivisible on SRK too.
It's got 4 buttons, high mid low, combos, hell it's halfway to being a fighting game.

Reactions: dead
Considering how some of the more noteworthy Kickstarters and whatnot are leaving some people with sour tastes in their mouths, like Mighty No. 9's 'shady' demo delay (I know very little about it myself but know it left a lot of people sour, along with some other big Kickstarts as well). We might be able to get a spotlight chance in Buzzfeed or some sort of Kickstarter: your doing it wrong sort of video from people like the likes of TotalBiscuit.

I had an idea that might help expose the game for people with larger lists of Steam friends: Adding the prototype as a non-Steam product to the overlay will make it look like you're playing a Steam game. For the person asking about screenshots a few pages back, this also incorporates Steam's F12 functionality and online upload library feature.

RE the game itself: Has anyone asked about status effects in battle? Poison/Haste/Slow/etc? Because these could be nifty, especially if there were a way to apply them out of battle.

Reactions: Ryin
tl;dr
If Indivisible isn't funded? Pretty much. We haven't got super money to take time and try more things, and SG didn't pay us royalties during the time it was making lots.
This isn't one of many possible tries, this is THE TRY.

kh6mb9K.png

RE the game itself: Has anyone asked about status effects in battle? Poison/Haste/Slow/etc? Because these could be nifty, especially if there were a way to apply them out of battle.

There is already a slow in the form of Razmi's down attack, I wouldn't think the typical RPG statuses were out of the question at all.

I messaged a youtuber with a decently sized subscriber base about it. He said he was gonna make a video about it.
If you're following them, let us know if they do upload one.

For the person asking about screenshots a few pages back,

Mike got me what i needed. thanks though.

I messaged 2 youtubers I follow also. Dono if CaptainSparklez will do it, since he's mostly Minecraft, but I've seen him break off a bit. Baertaffy is someone that I've seen help fund projects and plays a lot of different games on his channel, so hopefully he streams/records the game if he finds it interesting.

Sent messages to some users, talked to a person about the game and got then interested enough to throw in $750 and am throwing in my measly $175 on Friday. That's the best I've got so far.

I'm surprised the Super Best Friends haven't put up a video yet.

Lets get pewdepie or jacksepticeye to play indivisible. all you have to do is mention cute girl being licked by monster and one of them is bound to jump on it.
From everything I hear, you have to...pay...Pewdiepie?
Don't get me started on THAT.
I doubt he'd do a "we'll pay you if we're funded, otherwise not" deal, either. :^P

Gameplay animation question:
When Ajna has a weapon (like the Axe), will she have a new idle animation for it when in battle, or going to keep it the same as it is now?
Different stance, hell yes! "Prototype" etc; we're lucky we could finish that much animation in that time. :^P It's around the frame count of an SG character, except that it required multiple model sheets and animating different characters in that same time period.

I understand what you're saying, but since I don't have complete context, Peter had mentioned Autumn wanting to do SG2 later, and while I imagine you guys don't want to do that right now, why does the company's future completely depend on Indivisible? I get that this is being able to show you can make games people want to a publisher, and why it failing would be disastrous, but that would just be the end?
To clear this up further than Brian did:
If we are all broke (SG didn't pay us enough to not lose money individually, this is closer to reality than I'd like it to be) then we all have to go get other jobs and that's byebye.
If SG2 comes along in a year and we're not around for it, then it doesn't matter at that point.

Also, it's not like we pulled Indivisible out of our butt (no jokes, please) - this is a thing we ALL want to do. We're people too, so it'd be disappointing enough to question continuing anyway, even if we could.

community-led push
Poke. :^P

Different stance, hell yes! "Prototype" etc; we're lucky we could finish that much animation in that time. :^P It's around the frame count of an SG character, except that it required multiple model sheets and animating different characters in that same time period.
No, it's all cool ^_^. Was more for curiosity sake then any other reason.

As far I know PieDiePew wanted 20000 dlls. to play and talk about the game, don't remember what game was.

ALL want to do. We're people too, so it'd be disappointing enough to question continuing anyway, even if we could.
I understood that which is why I said I didn't think you guys wanted to do SG2 right now, because I assumed you all want to make Indivisible, which is great because I love everything you've had to say in the threads about your goals and design choices, I love every thing I see on the IGG page, and so on. I want this game to succeed and I will be heartbroken if it doesn't, that said I will not pretend I can even imagine how you guys feel on this topic.

am throwing in my measly $175 on Friday. That's the best I've got so far.
I'm surprised the Super Best Friends haven't put up a video yet.

Don't feel like your contribution is "measly".

As for TBFP help Liam already gave a mention, but I'm not expecting as much exposure because Individual isn't a fighting game and they're likely busy with Matt's marraige and stuff, I don't know, I don't keep up with them.

If the Cannons put out ads for their MinecraftHearthstone kickstart on SRK I'm sure they'd take kindly to Indivisible on SRK too.
It's got 4 buttons, high mid low, combos, hell it's halfway to being a fighting game.
Not sure about that. The Cannons got a pass because they do partly own the site.

For Indivisible, @Ravidrath would probably have to talk to Ian or probably even Mr. Wizard to see if we can run a story on it (for the record, the story I wrote on the prototype bieng available to SkullGirls backers last week was never run).

I swear to god hopefully I can win the jackpot lottery somehow, and then give all the money to Indivisible. Dead serious.
Aside from that, hopefully I can bug my folks to let me donate some money as an early birthday present.

Well, Maximillian is doing RPG streams every now and them, and he's a fighting game fan. Maybe if we message him he saves some time for the prototype.

Well, Maximillian is doing RPG streams every now and them, and he's a fighting game fan. Maybe if we message him he saves some time for the prototype.
I already did it, but I think if more people does it he can think about it.

Donated.

Did someone poke TB? He always was saying nice things about SG.

I've been ecstatic about the game ever sense I saw it in that little cramped showroom 3 months ago. Sadly I can't donate till near the end of the campaign, I have a lot of extra expenses to pay and living in California isn't cheep. Regardless I want to do whatever I can until then to spread the word. I've been trying to contact important peoples I have relations with to see if they can help Indivisible out.

I also finished that video I was making for my subscribers, hopefully it'll catch the interest of a few.
Regardless I really hope we pull threw, Lab Zero deserves as much to say the least.

Lots of people have been asking for a RPG with decent 2D graphics for years and when one comes they look the other way.

It would make me lost faith in the videogame community if I had some of it in the first place.

Lots of people have been asking for a RPG with decent 2D graphics for years and when one comes they look the other way.
I don't think people are deliberately ignoring it - it's just up to us to make some hype!

Reactions: Wenzel
I don't think people are deliberately ignoring it - it's just up to us to make some hype!
that prototype's pretty f'in hype already XD Gotta step it up a notch. *yells* BRING IN THE DANCERS!

I messaged a youtuber with a decently sized subscriber base about it. He said he was gonna make a video about it.
how do you message youtubers anyway?