• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

it might be because he's a major antagonist
I thought "incarnations" were strictly people who were on your side which is why I didn't assume that, although I would much prefer
It might also be for other reasons...like he never told anyone his name, ever, in his whole life. Or something.
this, I like this, although how that is really possible or why someone would do that is beyond me.

that sounds incredibly inconvenient for a warlord
Whatever. People would just start to call him something sooner or later. Like "That asshole" or something. And then it will become his de facto name, so him not telling his name is not an excuse actually.

If it was a massive deep involved project with the same demeanor as Indivisible would I be wrong again? Regardless of The Oatmeal's massive pushing, the product itself has to sell its own, and the most basic of tropes is what the majority will buy into.
If The Oatmeal wanted to fund a black operation to create a team of Ninja Mutant Arachnids people wouldn't be so forward on it.
No, Isavulpes is right for once. Exploding Kittens is a reskinned poker deck, and the actual "game" wasn't even playtested for the first time until a week before the Kickstarter. It did not sell on its merits as a game, nor its artwork, nor its humor, because it lacks all of those. It literally made its money because The Oatmeal is popular, and The Oatmeal is popular primarily through predatory marketing.

No, Isavulpes is right for once. Exploding Kittens is a reskinned poker deck, and the actual "game" wasn't even playtested for the first time until a week before the Kickstarter. It did not sell on its merits as a game, nor its artwork, nor its humor, because it lacks all of those. It literally made its money because The Oatmeal is popular, and The Oatmeal is popular primarily through predatory marketing.
...Anyone want to hit up The Oatmeal?

Reactions: The Dave
Important information just leaked by an anonymous insider in the stream chat:

Untitled.png

(A corrupted / bastardization) of a Manote Thiha (lit. Man-Lion). The monster's form is constructed by an evil spirit that hijacked two Chinthe (guardian lions)

(Actual Manote Thihas are also guardians of temples, but this is a corrupted one)

A bit more unique compared to sphynxs and other lion-based legendary creatures, because this one has two hindquarters.
http://goldentriangleantiques.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Manote-Thiha-Burmese-Creature-873.jpg

If I read my dad's reply correctly, the pronunciation: Man oat tee hah. the Manote part would just be Man-oat, but that's not the full name (it's like saying "were" instead of "werewolf")

It's signature kick pose is a reference to this type of depiction: http://www.allthingsburmese.com/images/manote thiha1.gif

This is super interesting stuff! Maybe this is something you could add to the campaign - alternating between Meet the Incarnations and Meet the Monsters. Indiv has a wealth of unusual RPG enemies, with stuff like the Aph getting a lot of attention particularly and I know I'd love to hear the inspirations behind them. (I already look them up as soon as they're named, but that's just me~)

Hm... Seems that if the prototype boss monster was a corrupted guardian, the Incarnation could've been corrupted, too. We did see him amidst the ogre monsters the Manote summoned, yes? Dhar could be our Kain from Final Fantasy IV.

Alternatively... he could be the corrupter, and Ajna risks turning into a monster for using his power too much.

RE Indiegogo trouble, I do worry that crowdfunding's lost its novelty and people are less interested in them nowadays. Ever since that guy with the potato salad, it seems people have kind of lost interest. Couple that with the "nostalgia remake" shenanigans, and people could be more wary.

Then again, maybe we just need to build more hype. Are any of Ajna's Incarnations a chair?

Here's a horrifying thought... maybe, just maybe... waifu wars were a good thing?

I don't know how you plan to build the game, If things will just happen as they happen or if you plan on like... "We will build this level for this incarnation in this order." But I think a selling point of the Skullgirls IGG was competition. People were voting to see who became a character. If you had a chunk of information for each character revealed (even labeled as subject to change) and had a vote for the first few incarnations to be animated and in the beta, that might help?

Again, I don't know how it all works. Just an idea.

I don't know how you plan to build the game, If things will just happen as they happen or if you plan on like... "We will build this level for this incarnation in this order." But I think a selling point of the Skullgirls IGG was competition. People were voting to see who became a character. If you had a chunk of information for each character revealed (even labeled as subject to change) and had a vote for the first few incarnations to be animated and in the beta, that might help?

Again, I don't know how it all works. Just an idea.
I don't think Lab Zero did anything particularly wrong here. I just think in the past years sense the Skullgirls campaign the nature and appetite of the market has changed.
It's like Rich said "Instead of just giving sizzle we wanted to give the actual steak, but we forgot that sizzle is what sells."
And I don't mean to say this pessimistically, there's still a lot of time left.

Everyone loves their own little Waifu, and them arguing over which one isn't Trash (poor Filia...) helped spread the word.

Now Idk why people are all like Razmi is waifu, but hey if people love her that much then LZ is doing something right.

Well, the Steam version is not physical, and the physical version is not Steam. Steam obviously has it, but I don't really plan on sticking DRM where it is not already required.
I mean, I'll probably look for something easy to check if it's pirated along the lines of sqrt(Fish) or Earthbound's hilarious stuff, but no connectivity-required BS.

Adding DRM is a hell of a lot of work for...basically no payoff. People crack it and pirate it anyway. And if your DRM is dumb enough, people pirate it specifically to AVOID dealing with the DRM.

Maybe a partnership with GoG.com could work?

I wouldn't get so pessimistic just yet, so far none of the major youtubers/websites/what have you have picked up on Indivisible yet aside from the lad with that "hey arnold" hairdo.
For now I just enjoy talking about it, spreading the word and looking at, uh, fanart.

I don't know if they are going to make some little trailers showing a "Who is behind Indivisible" showing the people who is going to work in the game. For example that video of Hiroki Kikuta was good, but need to show a little about his first and better works, the same about the animators, showing the experience of the team.

Surely all of you are worried about more important things but this details that remark thing like music and art can be good to attract people.

I did a silly and little video about that just adding some music, shame that my channel it's small:

Because I really live Secret of Mana and especially Seiken Densetsu 3, the music of SD 3 was great.

Last edited:
I really wanna know who were the voice actors in the prototype.
Ravidrath on NeoGAF said:
They won't be the final voices, but here's the cast for the prototype:
G.K. Bowes: Ajna
Matt Mercer: Zebei
Kyle Hebert: Tungar
Cristina Vee: Razmi

Reactions: Blisky
Weird... Razmi really sounded like Marie at one point... :/
EDIT: Good thing they won't be the finals. I feel that Ajna screams really loud and too much. Like if she is being hurt all the time.

That'd be a funny but sad gimmick. Like every time he tries to introduce himself something happens so he never gets the opportunity too.
Hah, that'd be amazing;
-He's constantly trying to introduce himself to people, only to be interrupted by Murphy's law
-Becomes tragically anonymous in society "Hey...uh...fella, let's grab lunch after work!"
-Decides upon villainy to become infamous, regarded with fear and respect!! (and to feel loved)

Hah, that'd be amazing;
-He's constantly trying to introduce himself to people, only to be interrupted by Murphy's law
-Becomes tragically anonymous in society "Hey...uh...fella, let's grab lunch after work!"
-Decides upon villainy to become infamous, regarded with fear and respect!! (and to feel loved)
Yet everyone still doesn't know who he is and when he shows up they panic yelling "Holy crap! It's THAT GUY!!"

Yet everyone still doesn't know who he is and when he shows up they panic yelling "Holy crap! It's THAT GUY!!"
Hell welcome to my life, no matter how hard I try at the end of the day all i'll be in the FGC is "that other, less important Scar."
I swear I can't go 2 weeks without having an identity crisis.

Guys, Alex already said his name is Dhar, but apparently it might be a nickname since it could come from a middle-eastern honorific for leaders basically.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Guys, Alex already said his name is Dhar, but apparently it might be a nickname since it could come from a middle-eastern honorific for leaders basically.
I know XD I couldn't help but to continue the gag XD

Reactions: Shockdingo
@Mike_Z / @Ravidrath ?
I asked this a few days ago, but I should have @'d someone. Why are there not posters as backer rewards? Those are really the only physical items I'd want.

WWII: Waifu Wars 2.

Will it be a thing?

I'm team Ajna. The right team.

Reactions: No longer exist
"Which guy?"
"Dude!! That GUY! You know.. the... dude that.. uh.. Kills people!! That guy!"
"OH THAT guy. Thought you was talking about that guy over th.... OH GOD! IT'S THAT GUY! RUN!"

ok.. I'll stop.

In all seriousness, waifu jokes are starting to rot me away from the inside out. Sometimes I can't even tell if we're joking anymore, it's like never ending sarcasm.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
In all seriousness, waifu jokes are starting to rot me away from the inside out. Sometimes I can't even tell if we're joking anymore, it's like never ending sarcasm.
Oh, we're just doing it _ironically_!
*Vomits a little*

Reactions: Scar
waifu jokes are starting to rot me away from the inside out

Oh, a Squigly fan, eh?

Anywho, Thorani seems cool. Any speculation based on the brief hint of character info we have? Seems like a pretty big contrast to Razmi, design-wise.

Indiv-Gogo said:
"uses the purifying water in her hair - which is what gives it such volume and bounce - to wash away evil!"

So, I'm guessing based on the hair-comment and her dress there's a big fashion influence. "Washing away evil" could possibly hint at Area of Effect attacks?

Never mind Render being my slave

how many bones do I need to toss your way so that I can be RENDER'S slave

:y

That'd be a funny but sad gimmick. Like every time he tries to introduce himself something happens so he never gets the opportunity too.

I remember this being done in the game serie Gothic. The main hero, called by fans "nameless one", tries to introduce himself in 3 separate occasions and he is always interrupted.

Why are there not posters as backer rewards?

They are a weird shape, which means 1) they have to be shipped by themselves (and not together with other types of physical rewards), and 2) weird shapes cost more to ship.

how many bones do I need to toss your way so that I can be RENDER'S slave

Significantly less than the other way around.