• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Rodney is the key to all of this. If we get Rodney working...'cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the other games before.

Reactions: TaNooki
Rodney is the key to all of this. If we get Rodney working...'cause he's a funnier character than we've ever had in the other games before.
Rodney is obviously a major character, so let's make sure we hit that full VO stretch goal, people!
Now that I think about it, what would full VO entail for a character like Lanshi... :p

You kinda maybeeee forgot the part where her father and village are murdered
I would personally feel horrible knowing that I survived knowing that some of those people were much better than me.
she's into boys love and she must fight her inner demons and accept that fact that she enjoys it

Wow, it looks like it will be crowded in Ajna's head:
  • 28 Regular Incarnations
  • 9 Guest Incarnations (Annie, Calibretto, The Drifter, Juan, Lea, Red, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Zackasaurus)
  • 2 Fan-Created Incarnations (Divinity tier)
It will be interesting to compare the Incarnations as we know now to the ones in the final game 2 years from now.
2 incarnations got kicked off? That sucks, i was getting excited for the fancy archer guy, but im pretty sure scotts samurai is the one that survived being one of the most hyped incarnations.

Why did they cut them? does anyone know?
4 Incarnations previewed but not revealed yet:
  • Kusarigama Ninja - needed to give Ajna the weapon (I wonder who gives her the axe?)
  • Scottish Samurai - been around since the announcement trailer
  • Crusty Whistler - hopeful he's at least whistling (still ashamed for calling Sangmu "Ropes Girl" when "Sand Girl" would have been better)
  • Renaissance Archer - With Ajna, Zebei, and Phoebe with bows, a fourth would complete Team Bow 'n Arrow. I call him "Renaissance" because he looks like an Italian intellectual.
The Ninja (he's #28) is guaranteed next. His silhouette is on the Incarnations board now.

Also, I am skeptical that Kogi's name comes from that culture, due to his visual design. Isn't kogi also a name/word in Japanese?

Well, there's Koga, a Japanese surname. Depending on the kanji used, it could mean "steel fang" (like the character from Inuyasha). I went with Kogi ("jaguar") for the Kogi people from pre-Colombia because otherwise there is nothing to reference.

Yeah, while there's nothing that strongly links Kogi to the South American people, I don't think there are many context clues to link him to any other culture. He could be from anywhere. Bad chef-warriors with ridiculously impracticably-large cleavers are everywhere.

Reactions: hellohello123123
she's into boys love and she must fight her inner demons and accept that fact that she enjoys it
Ajna the fujoshi... I like it... (That's probably what she and Razmi have in common; we thought she was reading spell books, but actually, they were doujin all along... :PUJNA:)

Reactions: 5th of dismember
Why not both?
Did you miss the part where I said it was cool...?

@render I'm gona contribute more money toward the ajna statue. Do i need a screencap or something so lab zero will know i want multiple contributions to count as one so i don't have to go through the refund process?

I'm pretty sure you have to go through the refund process just like everyone else does, but I'll check on that.

Reactions: No longer exist
Did you miss the part where I said it was cool...?
didn't mean for it to seem like I was singling you out. Was more of a general thing, pointing out there's talk about both sides and me just wanting to say that both should come XD

Well weh avent seen the pretty boy ninja in any trailer group shots, right? What if he is one of the evil warlords and you get his weapon as a reward forhis boss fight? I'd like a guy that goodlooking to be a villain while characters like Tungar and Vasco get to be herors. Love LO's unconventional character designs, Filia being a little chubby was always so cool to me.

Don't forget nonplayable incarnations like artist blacksmith bestiary etc.

Indivisible is gonna have quite the huge world...over 70 npcs (yeah Im still on it, shoot me).

I love that indivisible will have such a vast amount of people to talk to and communicate with. I love rpgs with a lot of people, makes the world feel more alive.

over 70 npcs (yeah Im still on it, shoot me)
I do wonder how they intend to make the backer designs fit in with whatever "hub" or "city" they're supposed to be in

I do wonder how they intend to make the backer designs fit in with whatever "hub" or "city" they're supposed to be in
As an NPC backer, I'm actually more excited to find out how much dialogue we'll be able to have rather than where we show up... gotta start brainstorming now, haha

I'm pretty sure you have to go through the refund process just like everyone else does, but I'll check on that.

Will it be possible to upgrade your tier during the InDemand period? I'm kinda hoping for that.

Prolly like with Skullgirls, where they asked some people to make their NPC's in a formal attire so they could be put in Glass Canopy.

Prolly like with Skullgirls, where they asked some people to make their NPC's in a formal attire so they could be put in Glass Canopy.

Considering there isn't one "environment" that these characters are going in and there's such a diverse world - Western, Asian, ancient, steampunk modern - I don't think it'll be too bad. I mean we won't get suits or T-shirts, but we can get some cool redesigns.

Only real problem - we really haven't seen anthromorphic animals existing in universe yet (except Zackasaurus, but he transcends space, time and invert ollie backslides) so they might be humanized or just straight up told "no".

(I wonder who gives her the axe?)
Considering it's pretty much her main weapon (pictured in a lot of the promotional material and stuff), it might not be something an incarnation gives her. It still might be an incarnation thing and the incarnation is a blacksmith in her inner realm, rather than a combat incarnation, or a big spoiler, or unfinished or... many things.

Considering there isn't one "environment" that these characters are going in and there's such a diverse world - Western, Asian, ancient, steampunk modern - I don't think it'll be too bad. I mean we won't get suits or T-shirts, but we can get some cool redesigns.

Only real problem - we really haven't seen anthromorphic animals existing in universe yet (except Zackasaurus, but he transcends space, time and invert ollie backslides) so they might be humanized or just straight up told "no".
Pretty sure it was mentioned it's much more humanized world compared to SG. Someone's OC I believe in this thread which was in SG was denied already for this game. Think the dino got a pass because that and the other guests are blatant out of this world entities while the OCs are expected to look native enough to fit in Indivisible world. I mean look at what SBFs is doing with their OC to make it fit better. Never saw any clear OK/Not OK guidelines though for this.

As an NPC backer, I'm actually more excited to find out how much dialogue we'll be able to have rather than where we show up... gotta start brainstorming now, haha

Well Mike says we'll probably get different dialogue depending on how far Ajna is on her journey or whats going on in the world. I'm hoping our NPCs get a couple different lines.

Reactions: Radnar and Smilax
Well Mike says we'll probably get different dialogue depending on how far Ajna is on her journey or whats going on in the world. I'm hoping our NPCs get a couple different lines.
Fascinating if true! I'm not going to get my hopes up, don't want to pass the "he said/she said" around too much, but that could be really fun!

Fascinating if true! I'm not going to get my hopes up, don't want to pass the "he said/she said" around too much, but that could be really fun!

Yeah same, we'll wait and see. Cant wait to see your character :D

Will it be possible to upgrade your tier during the InDemand period? I'm kinda hoping for that.

Backerkit will let you update tiers when that survey appears

Scorpion for Indivisible guest
This is where she got her inner demons... Scorpion was on her team at one point and executed one of the monsters in front of her, Ripping it's head off with it's spine still attached.

...ooo someone needs to animate this, then cut away to a message that reads "Ajna's Inner demon dungeon Stretch goal" XD

Well, i can relate to that. I haven't played recent double fine games, but their attitude these last years clearly isn't the best. That said, i really liked Psy 1 so i'll probably be willing to take a risk. But that's the thing : it's a gamble. Where for Lab zero and Indivisible, i'm confident that it will deliver!

Beside, Lab zero isn't as well known as double fine so i didn't minded putting much more money than usual on indivisible while for Psychonauts i'm pretty sure there's already an army that got it covered.
Offtopic bit

Yeah but L0 managed to work on peanuts to make Squigly and co, and you'd think they'd manage to make an even better/less pressured job with a proper budget.

Double Fine fucked up they own kickstarters (some done because they exausted their previous ks money earlier) by mismanaging their money. That is really bad.

So I've gone from being a Well-Wisher a month ago, to Booster just yesterday, to a Patron today... Clearly I have no chill when it comes to giving L0 my hard-earned retail money.

Damn it. My timezone is not that favorable so by the time I wake up they'll have ended. Best of luck anyway. What are the people on chat talking about right now anyway?

Damn it. My timezone is not that favorable so by the time I wake up they'll have ended. Best of luck anyway. What are the people on chat talking about right now anyway?
drawings and stuff. People who toss in 60 bucks and show proof at the contests email address will be able to request 1 drawing. there are 50 spots available. 3 drawing have been done already.

I pledged 75 bucks before the whole doodle thing

does that make me ineligible for a doodlydoo?

I pledged 75 bucks before the whole doodle thing

does that make me ineligible for a doodlydoo?

Upgrade to $76 and go :P

what did you request? Shadow Ajna?

kampan

with an even bigger arm

oops looks like I misread, but hey I put in more money

Last edited:
We can hit 1.8kk in the last hours?

I don't see why not since there is still over 7 hours left and 1.8 is less then 20k away. 1.9 is still doable too since the pace is picking up again steadily.