• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

tumblr_o3qvh0HQDf1uzx2jzo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3qvh0HQDf1uzx2jzo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3qvh0HQDf1uzx2jzo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_o3qvh0HQDf1uzx2jzo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3qvh0HQDf1uzx2jzo2_1280.gif

tumblr_o3qvh0HQDf1uzx2jzo1_500.gif
We just posted a new update to the Indiegogo campaign page!

https://www.indiegogo.com/…/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creato…

Hey, Indivisible backers! Long time no see!

Since you last heard from us, we’ve been hard at work setting up our new office, staffing up, and getting operations started back up. We’re now settled into our new office, and development on the full game is well underway.

With all of that boring ops stuff out of the way, you can expect to hear from us regularly from now on!

We’re currently in the pre-production phase. That means we’re doing lots of planning and concepting of the game’s world, monsters and characters. Proper planning is key to making a good game, so this is an important part of the development process.

While we concept, we’re also prototyping Ajna’s new traversal abilities, improving our engine’s renderer, and rounding out Ajna and the prototype’s cast with additional animations. Soon we’ll begin creating exporters and tools to get things flowing smoothly by the time we move out of pre-production and into full production about six months from now.

One of the major things we’re tackling right out of the gate is Indivisible’s environment style. The backgrounds in the prototype weren’t the aesthetic we imagined for the full game. Here are some early draw-overs of backgrounds in the prototype we did to get closer to our target style.

We don’t know yet if we can achieve this level of detail in our modularly-built levels, but it’s our current target. Finalizing a style requires careful choices about scope and implementation.

A lot goes into making an in-game environment look like this. Our new environment lead, Eric Kozlowsky, marked up the concept image to gauge how texturing and other assets will work to maximize efficiency and flexibility of level building while hitting our artistic targets.

We’ve also been working on new animations we know we’ll need for some of the characters. You can check out a couple for Zebei and Tungar here!

You’ll start seeing development streams on the labzero Twitch channel in the near future, so subscribe and get notified the next time we go live and watch the magic happen! We’re planning to stream animation, environment modeling, texturing and concept streams!

It’s not too late to get in on the Indivisible hype train! The campaign is in “InDemand” mode, meaning some perks are still available. We’re inching closer to that next stretch goal: full VO for all major characters!

Follow us on Twitter (@IndivisibleRPG) or here on Facebook for the latest news!

Nice update. Can't wait for the animation streams like the good old days. Also concept streams sound fun.

Good times a rollin

What is the cutoff date for the InDemand backing period
i'd really wanna pitch in but it'll still be a minute before I can get the means for it

TOLD Y'ALL.

What is the cutoff date for the InDemand backing period
i'd really wanna pitch in but it'll still be a minute before I can get the means for it
I guarantee you it's longer than you're thinking about.

Nice update! I'm really glad you guys didn't wait until the end of the month to show how things have been going. Looking forward to more Turbo Tunnel streams soon.

It's so awesome to finally see glimpses of how the game is coming together post-Prototype. The BG stage concepts are really nice so far. I knew Eric had to be the one that handled those annotations, because that's exactly the sort of stuff you guys needed his insight for. That level of modulation could be really handy for constructing other areas aside from the temple, so hopefully the pipeline works out as planned, and those painterly details can be translated into the finished models and textures too.

Great job guys, and thanks for sharing!

Wow, that concept looks so pretty.

Do you have a higher res image of the notes though? I can't really read it.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, are we gonna get 'weakened' animations? I wanna know what Tungar's rolling animation is too...

I really can't wait until I get my grubby little hands on it.

Tungar is a roly poly. That is why he is moving like that. Also wash your hands Water, come on.

I can see the headlines now.
Creator of Skullgirls Bribed Reviewers Confirmed

Reactions: missingno
35/40 from Famitsu ain't cheap, that's EXPENSIVE.
Given Famitsu's usual scores that's a scam.

But seriously Japanese reviews are ridiculous most times.

Just got my game informer magazine for this month and there is a page about indivisible :D. Most of the information we already know but it's just exciting seeing that.

Note. Things I didn't know.

Zahra's songs are going to be sad?
Having similar Emotional wavelengths is what lets ajna absorb incarnations.

so what in the heck is Ajna feeling when she gets Razmi? Like is she just walking past her with the sad charlie brown music playing the background and Ajna accidentally bumps into Razmi resulting in her being absorbed?

The emotion thing explains how she can absorb dhar. He probably had murderous intent coming to her village and after he kills her dad she gets the same murderous emotions.

so what in the heck is Ajna feeling when she gets Razmi? Like is she just walking past her with the sad charlie brown music playing the background and Ajna accidentally bumps into Razmi resulting in her being absorbed?

Maybe something about missing the dead? Ajna with her father and Razmi with Bom?

Or loneliness in general. Razmi might be a recluse but everyone can feel lonely and Ajna might be depressed at the time seeing as everyone she knew has died recently.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Maybe she feels bad for being the only survivor after driving out the enemy forces with Dhar and runs off into the forest wanting to be alone.
Then BAM Razmi was gathering magic mushrooms or something and it's freaky friday all over again.

well all i can say is if LZ plays their cards right with the plot, then i can definitely see a ton of emotional scenes happening. Most likely a ton of sarrow, a few filled with rage, and a pleasant amount of joyful ones. But really the thought of both Ajna and Razmi together feeling lonely trying to cope with death of a loved one, just imaging that is just... dang.

Come on, now, Razmi has other interests! Perhaps they could share an interest in forbidden arcane secrets. Or maybe Razmi's quest involves finding something Ajna can relate to involving forbidden arcane secrets. Or learning that dark magic isn't so dark after all.

I still find myself thinking of Incarnations "like Kirby with plot." I like Kirby and I like plot, so...

Does this mean Dhar stole all the kingdom's cake and Ajna has to get it back and then inexplicably fight a terrifying space-god of eyes and teeth?

3/15 the day Vasco found his ship
celebrate today in the hope you too will find your ship
Merry Vasco found his ship day

So wait, does that mean Indivisible is real

does that mean my waifu is real

i'm going to mexico to find juan aguacute irl

Im from Mexico, I can confirm that we have plentty of aguacates.....and girls.

3/15 the day Vasco found his ship
celebrate today in the hope you too will find your ship
Merry Vasco found his ship day

It was actually found in 98. It just took a long time to excavate and research

It was actually found in 98. It just took a long time to excavate and research
it's like christmas or independence day
it's the meaning behind the day that matters not the actual date

it's like christmas or independence day
Independence day is also the wrong date? Where?