• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

When they start retiring reward tiers, they'll probably be doing it in the order of value, so I bet the $1000 NPC tier will be the first to go. You might also not want to wait too long if you want to get a Voicemail. Hopefully they won't retire any rewards before everyone has the opportunity to upgrade.
Yeah, that's my hope as well. My first day is Wednesday, so it'll be weeks before I get my first check. But as long as it's a month or so before they retire tiers, then I'm good.

Guess we're gonna get an Easter indivisible stream if they plan on doing 1 stream a week.

It may have to compete with it in the future...
As long as games take to develop, especially for Square Enix, I highly doubt Valkyrie Profile 3 can go all the way from proposal to sales in two to three years. Indivisible's still estimated for 2018, right?

So... you guys remember how this game was inspired by Valkyrie Profile...
It may have to compete with it in the future...
Honestly with the large emphasis on good platforming that Indivisible has, I'm not worried. VP has a lot of nice parts, but fun/non-clunky movement is not one of them.
"Inspired by" is not "making a spiritual successor to". :^)

Thanks to Indivisible I actually went back to check out Valkyrie Profile to see where it all began, but for all the cool ideas it had there were just as many clunky things that don't seem to have aged well. I couldn't even finish it, the godawful platforming was driving me nuts, it asked me to make all these permanent decisions about relics and sending characters up and managing time without ever giving me information to base my decisions off of, and while the combat's premise was cool, only having one move per character felt a little too shallow to hold my attention span.

Of course, it's fully possible their attempt at a modern sequel could address those previous shortcomings, just like L0 is doing in their own way. And if so, I'll totally give VP3 another chance. But as @The Dave just said, when all they have is a rough concept that the publisher hasn't even greenlit yet, it obviously won't be happening any time soon, if at all. I don't see any reason to worry about it being 'competition', and if this does turn out to be even a fraction as good as the Indivisible prototype I just fell in love with then I'll consider that another game to look forward to after I'm finished with Indivisible.

Reactions: The Dave
I include VP2 in the "clunky platforming", btw.
Aside from the forced-ness of Sealstones generally, they even did things like "here's a Sealstone that lets you fall slower but we won't tell you how to use it AND you can't get items while it's equipped". Which is just painful. And the number of dungeons that use the terribly annoying poison mechanic, my goodness...and the battle system was much flatter than in the first game. Because there are no Charge Turn equivalents, each turn is exactly the same: bunch of attacks, Soul Crush x4.

VP3 (yes, there already was a 3rd game, Covenant of the Plume!) didn't really have platforming at all.

In case you can't tell, I think VP1 is an amazing game but I think they dropped the quality a lot for the remainder.

Dang, almost forgot about the in demand thing. Mikey i hope you are ready to receive, over a course of time, a grand total of 100$ dollars or more from me. A mere paltry material manifestation of my infinite undying love for Lab Zero. You are truly the saviors of gaming, having the courage, in a depraved age of anti-love, to manifest creations using the love energy from your hearts (Anahata), rather that creating selfishly, solely for profit, and making something ugly and brutish, because it has no love in it...

Last edited:
He's right though. I'm giving L0 disproportionate amounts of my money out of sheer respect and awe for their policies, hard work, and stand they take in both game-making and community-handling. I feel like I'm turning into better person just by following them. All my love to L0.

Reactions: Armageddon11
giving L0 disproportionate amounts of my money out of sheer respect and awe for their policies, hard work, and stand they take in both game-making and community-handling.
But then, would the argument be that it's a proportionate amount of money because you are choosing to give it?
(I just say this because I feel bad seeing people say they are giving us more than they normally would...)

To be honest i actually gave more than I wanted to, but I really wanted that Roti Plushie sooooooo... you kinda made me do it... Wuv U.

Reactions: Covenant
INB4 new update about Mike's new golden fountain that dispenses horchata
horchata-medium-1132x1692-971.04kb.jpg

But then, would the argument be that it's a proportionate amount of money because you are choosing to give it?
(I just say this because I feel bad seeing people say they are giving us more than they normally would...)
Well, it could be disproportionate to what I'm getting physically, but it's totally proportionate to the respect I feel to you, and that amount of support you deserve in my opinion. You guys are like rock stars slash spiritual gurus to me. I know that you're probably not very comfortable with such statements and I understand that. Let's just say that good people should be rewarded for doing something right, ok?

Also, don't feel bad, cause my Indiv donation was much less crazy than SG one. I still have money left.

You can consider it the return for the time invested in SG working your ass off, underpaid and eating noodles. People respect hard work sometimes.

tbh, my current financial situation is more about ease of access than anything. I would of easily and willingly donated anything up to 200 bucks each for both your Skullgirls and Indivisible campaigns. 500 if I really put my nose to the grindstone.

Although im just glad I got to donate this time around at least.

Reactions: Rakurin
So we're now at $1,929,525, or $120,475 away from full VA. It's getting still two to three pledges a day, usually pledges for $30 with the occasional $60, $75 and $100.

I think it's going well, still, and think it can easily make the stretch goal before lock-in time.

Also, any word yet on if the anime studio's gonna allow go-ahead for at least announcing it?

Yeah, this post-campaign pace has been all right so far, and I think the VO goal is still very doable as long as it gets a couple boosts in pledge count before the end of the year. There are still a lot of people waiting to upgrade too, so that's definitely holding back the total a bit.

My only concern is that if the upgrade system isn't set up by this summer, and some tiers are still planned to be retired before the end of the year, then some people that want to upgrade to those tiers might not have enough time to do it. Even a 2-month window might be kind of tight for some folks.

So the InDemand will stay open through beta? Hopefully that gets another wave of word-of-mouth as it effectively becomes like Early Access.

So the InDemand will stay open through beta? Hopefully that gets another wave of word-of-mouth as it effectively becomes like Early Access.

InDemand lasts at least 8-12 months, maybe more. Pre-production should be done before that point anyways. So if they wait until pre-production ends to release a beta then there'd still be a few months of InDemand, so yeah they should be running at the same time.

just imagine the hundreds of videos that are hey guys, welcome back to the Indivisible Beta, today we're looking at a new feature that lets you shoot rockets out of Tungar's shoes, here are my thoughts on the American Election #FeelTheRazmi

that'll boost it for sure

InDemand lasts at least 8-12 months, maybe more. Pre-production should be done before that point anyways. So if they wait until pre-production ends to release a beta then there'd still be a few months of InDemand, so yeah they should be running at the same time.
Just want to correct you: InDemand lasts as long as a developer wants. Lab Zero (or specifically Peter) just said they'd keep it open for at least perhaps a year but don't set that in stone.

Reactions: Rakurin
Just want to correct you: InDemand lasts as long as a developer wants. Lab Zero (or specifically Peter) just said they'd keep it open for at least perhaps a year but don't set that in stone.

Ooohhh, I thought it was timed. Neat.

That's good to know.

As others have said, it makes sense to me that when more new playable stuff shows up (like betas or whatever) show up then new interest will generate more donations.

I really wish for everyone get full voices. Would that include the guest characters?

That's good to know.

As others have said, it makes sense to me that when more new playable stuff shows up (like betas or whatever) show up then new interest will generate more donations.

I really wish for everyone get full voices. Would that include the guest characters?

Most likely, but since they aren't supposed to be a canon thing, they will probably barely have any lines.

Most likely, but since they aren't supposed to be a canon thing, they will probably barely have any lines.

Yeah, it'd likely be limited, and possibly even end up being a post launch update because I'd imagine the creators of the games guest characters come from would like input on the voice actors chosen.

Yeah, it'd likely be limited, and possibly even end up being a post launch update because I'd imagine the creators of the games guest characters come from would like input on the voice actors chosen.
they should have their battle voices anyways. Also nearly all of them are silent protagonists: Knight, Juan, Drifter, and most of all Red. Lea and Callibretto I don't know. Shantae probably already have a voice, as well as Annie.

Knight

uhh
shovel_treasure.jpg
he's actually probably the most talkative out of the indie bunch, aside from Shantae (who, coincidentally, is voiced by Indivisible's VO director).

Red

Okay but if that sword doesn't talk to me in his sexy-ass voice I'll be super salty. I'd even be fine with reused voice clips though.

Lea and Callibretto I don't know
Both do talk in-game/comic, but they're hardly talkative.
bc-gullyimage2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, anyone interested in Nightwar that hasn't read the original Battlechasers comics should probably go and do that. It looks like their KS never hit the VA goal, but I wouldn't be surprised if JM already had some actors in mind for voices like 'Bretto's.

So anyway, today I went back and watched some of last week's devstream that I had apparently missed. If what I read from the Chat Replay is correct, then from now on we should be expecting a devstream every Wednesday at 3pm, right? I'll try to catch it next time.

Eric's stuff is looking cool as always. I yanked another screencap of how the WIP texture on the new bricks was turning out:
7U2HWGo.jpg
It'll be really cool to see how these new models start to look in the engine. It's kind of a good thing that most of the Prototype's temple sections looked so basic, because now nobody should feel too attached to them once the overall level of detail in the game starts to change.

So much effort for bricks, imagine how the game will turn out