• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Kitty, hold me pls... I just woke up and I see this... guh... This game is gonna look really good...

WOWIE.png

Last edited:
Kitty, hold me pls... I just woke up and I see this... guh... This game is gonna look really good...
Me too bro, me too. Does anybody here know if cryogenics work yet? Who volunteers to take the deep freeze with me?

I feel like this is relevant.

It's been years since Extra Credits was relevant. :P Not since they decided covering for their friends is more important than actually saying the truth.

(also saying that playing Sorcerer in DS1 being way easier than other classes was totally a concious and informed decision and not just balance problem... It's like they go for the most ridiculous explanations that no one else made, so they can seem like the only smart ones)

@Down: Amen.

Last edited:
Or that we are running out of internet.
They really said that? Okay I knew they said some stupid stuff but that there just looks like begging for attention.

If anyone is curious about how the problem of Spectrum Crunch was avoided/mitigated, here's a pretty good article about it: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/507486/the-spectrum-crunch-that-wasnt/

I really don't see what is wrong with EC and I certainly don't see how their content can't be used for design lessons either (even if you disagree with them or dislike them for certain things, that doesn't discard all of their output). Also, Kawalorn, even if you disagree with the example of the Sorcerer in DS being deliberate, it was exactly that: an example meant to demonstrate a point just because you disagree with their example doesn't nullify the point they were making.

If the warning was premature and companies were still using wi-fi to wired connections among other things then was the problem even a problem? I can understand if those solutions came in response to a warning but if someone finds a problem in their wi-fi and says "okay I know another way" then there's something more than premature.

I hope I Englished correctly.

Wait, Indivisible...

*snip*

Their vids might not be useful for deving because they already proven they WILL lie if it fits their agenda.

And I don't disagree with what's their point. I disagree with them saying it was deliberate which shows they sometimes make up truth to fit their point. They are simply untrusworthy.

I'm done off-toping here about it.
I must say I'm very impressed by the graphic presented.

It feels to me like it's impossible to detail an ENTIRE game like that. :O I guess all this work here will be reusable in other areas?

I always wondered if sandbox games have a special team for modeling and throwing around random rubble, debris and other trash to make things look realistic... Dream job indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArgonBern
RE "Quickly appeal to casuals and hardcore gamers"- I don't know that it's a particularly big problem, but then again my tastes are usually a few years out of date. It seems pretty simply solved by having a "hell path" early on- IE the road past Quarry Junction in Fallout: New Vegas, or the Dark World levels in Super Meat Boy. Beef gates that are only nearly impossible to kill when first encountered let skilled players "keep trying" and not-so-skilled players "try something else." The Indivisible Prototype's giant pit and hidden secrets also tease out the extended gameplay depth.

Also, I'm sad to hear Extra Credits isn't as trustworthy as advertised. I only discovered them recently and enjoy their clear, fairly reasonable analysis of gaming topics, even if I don't always agree. (Skyrim's introduction worked just fine, thank you.)

Not all of their ideas and videos are bad, so you don't have to like stop watching everything they do. But they do have some flaws in how they draw conclusions in several videos that you need to be wary of. Like a lot of game design videos on the internet, use them as a starting point to get thinking but don't dig too deep without having some awareness about it.

Not all of their ideas and videos are bad, so you don't have to like stop watching everything they do. But they do have some flaws in how they draw conclusions in several videos that you need to be wary of. Like a lot of game design videos on the internet, use them as a starting point to get thinking but don't dig too deep without having some awareness about it.

Eh, I haven't played half the games they reference, so I figure it's mostly idle analysis in Imaginationland anyway. They seem to focus on "microtransaction-funded match-three card-based first-person-shooter MOBA MMO's for your phone" and I, uh, don't. :P

SO, Indivisible...

SO, Indivisible...
Fine how bout Lab 0 throws you in there!

Last edited:
yo, that distance blur effect. I dig
Again, the shots came from within Eric's modeling software, not the z-engine, so none of the camera effects and lighting represent what we can see in the game yet.

Eric said he felt the current textures were still too 3D-ish, so they're going to keep working to bring a more handpainted style to them. I'm impressed with how it looks already just from his use of the 3D tools though. A blend of that with Willy's touches is gonna look stellar!

why "I dig". I know it's not final. If that was in final, I'd "love it". =3
Hey Kit, I know, but just trying to make extra sure everyone's on the same page here. I saw that screenshots from Eric's stream had been posted in a couple other places too, and already some people were requesting toggles for the blur and lighting and stuff.

The environments started in a rougher place than the sprites, so it was really awesome of Eric to share such early progress with us. We just gotta make sure we're cool with expectations, so the team can stay comfortable about sharing more of this kind of stuff as it develops.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Daaaaaaaang, that lighting. And that's just with one light source of a single color (the light bulb to the right). Just imagine having your sprites illuminated by multiple light sources of different colors as you explore around an environment freely. In SG your movements and environments were limited, but now they can just go cray-cray with the Z Engine's lighting tech!

"Lighting Toggles"? Really? What is this, MineCraft? Seems people don't know what "Ambiance" is anymore.

It's less so that we don't like the concept and more so that our computers don't :0

It's pretty clear that the ambiance is fully handleable by the Z Engine, taking in the account of Skullgirls stages that use it. Even my chugger of a laptop can run those stages fairly well.

I mean, I'm not sure exactly how much of a level is loaded at any given time, but Indivisible stages are a lot bigger and just as detailed as the average SG stage.

yes you are correct. Indivisible will require a slightly stronger PC as it's minimum settings. But I still feel like at this point that most standard computers will be able to run the game no problem unless you have a machine from like... 2002 or something. like if your pc was made with parts from the last 5 years you'll be just peachy.

Options to put things at minimum settings isn't included yet neither.

I'm a bit concerned about the amout of details put in just one level, honestly. This game is supposed to have so many different settings(or at least that's what I got from the announced characters), will you guys have enough time and resources to give justice to them all?

Last edited:
I'm kinda worried about Windows 10's disk issue... not sure if anyone else has heard about it or if you're even trying to deal with it, but my laptop is apparently clean of viruses, malware, and it's not that old, yet it randomly lags. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade my computer by the time we get the full game.

Options to put things at minimum settings isn't included yet neither.

I'm a bit concerned about the amout of details put in just one level, honestly. This game is supposed to have so many different settings(or at least that's what I got from the announced characters), will you guys have enough time and resources to give justice to them all?

I would believe a lot of this should be reusable in a lot of places. Like all the detailed bricks.

I'm kinda worried about Windows 10's disk issue... not sure if anyone else has heard about it or if you're even trying to deal with it, but my laptop is apparently clean of viruses, malware, and it's not that old, yet it randomly lags. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade my computer by the time we get the full game.
The issue is you're using Windows 10 at all mate
vyse.png

Why did someone add hair to a butternut squash?