• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

just email them with the indiegogo address if you're not sure. I'm like 99% sure someone on the other end will read it and respond back.

Would it also be possible to, say, pay for higher tier but get an unavailable lower tier? (Still poor, but I'm very ambitious)

Nope. If it's no longer available, then it's no longer available, just as @ArgonBern said.

Sorry!

Any chance of an Ajna avatar on PSN? I'd love to play SG with some Indivisible showing on my profile (and also I have almost $5-worth of Skullgirls avs and other stuff sitting in my cart)
This, I dunno.

EDIT: also, how are we allowed to split up the Ajna custom palette? I know certain SG characters had patterns that are laid out differently from how the characters were designed, and I dunno if that applies here.
You mean like Parasoul's leg dividers and glasses and stuff? We're not currently planning to do any of that for Indivisible, they look how they look.

Reactions: Enzy
Any chance of an Ajna avatar on PSN? I'd love to play SG with some Indivisible showing on my profile (and also I have almost $5-worth of Skullgirls avs and other stuff sitting in my cart)

EDIT: also, how are we allowed to split up the Ajna custom palette? I know certain SG characters had patterns that are laid out differently from how the characters were designed, and I dunno if that applies here.
I think you might be confusing something with the backer tier. We're not giving anyone the chance to design a new colour for Ajna, but rather we (as Lab Zero) will be designing backer-exclusive colours for you to use within the game.

We're not giving anyone the chance to design a new colour for Ajna, but rather we (as Lab Zero) will be designing backer-exclusive colours for you to use within the game.

oh man, imagine if everyone who backed got to design one. That's over 30,000 backer colors for Ajna. You'd basically have
UNLIMITED COLORS
I'd be the one to make a Sonic color for Ajna juuuuust to piss people off

Reactions: SkullMan
You mean like Parasoul's leg dividers and glasses and stuff? We're not currently planning to do any of that for Indivisible, they look how they look.

щ(゜ロ゜щ)

*Reads again*
"Not CURRENTLY planning"

Still a chance for it to happen :)

Eeeh I dunno. This is a single player game after all. I'm not really lusting for extra palettes unless they're like the extra things for squadmates in ME2, which were simple but cool color swaps.

Well aren't "palette swaps" planned for equipment and such? I mean that's what I recall at least. Could change, of course, but like, I'm sure we'll get SOMETHING to change each character's colors.

Tank, I'm gonna stop you from running your brain too much: if Mike says there's no current plans there's no current plans. Accept that until you're officially told otherwise. And it doesn't really matter outside of Lab Zero because they're the only ones creating palettes.
Well aren't "palette swaps" planned for equipment and such? I mean that's what I recall at least. Could change, of course, but like, I'm sure we'll get SOMETHING to change each character's colors.
The only thing mentioned about palette swaps for equipment was *maybe* to denote upgrades but that's not a hard thing and was only given as a possibility of how to do such a thing.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

fair enough. until told otherwise. I'll keep hoping.

It's already quite interesting that L0 is planning to add palettes for the characters, as it will make the game way more customizable than other RPG/Action games. Yes, I know other games let you play dress-up with the protagonists, but considering we're getting gorgeous hand-drawn characters, I already love the palette swap option, simple as it may be.

I think that if something is unavailable then it's unavailable. No getting around unfortunately. Consider that some tiers have been retired for specific reasons like the npc ones and the demigod tiers.

I thought the NPC tier was unlimited, since it's still selectable on the Indiegogo page.

Still a chance for it to happen :)
Tank, I'm gonna stop you from running your brain too much: if Mike says there's no current plans there's no current plans. Accept that until you're officially told otherwise. And it doesn't really matter outside of Lab Zero because they're the only ones creating palettes.
This one I actually didn't mind, hahahaha. We may do things like that for equipment upgrades for some characters, but we don't know yet.

I thought the NPC tier was unlimited, since it's still selectable on the Indiegogo page.
Yep, you're correct, the NPC tier is still available. It might be one of the first ones to get retired though, so if you got your eye on it, don't wait too long!

here's the highlights of yesterday's stream. Nice job on Turbo Tunnel, Mike. Lord knows I couldn't ever beat it.

So golden Ajna when?

preorder at GameStop for the exclusive Gold Ajna and Retro Ajna in game skins
Ol9PR0s.gif

6muPU2y.png

and check out the RAY DLC coming THIS SUMMER
GAMESTOP: POWER TO THE PLAYERS

CA7KbJL.png

here's the highlights of yesterday's stream. Nice job on Turbo Tunnel, Mike. Lord knows I couldn't ever beat it.
Naaah, it's Nintendo Hard (TM) - nothing's ever different, just need memorization. Play it for a couple of hours and it'll never be a problem again.

Naaah, it's Nintendo Hard (TM) - nothing's ever different, just need memorization. Play it for a couple of hours and it'll never be a problem again.
Doesn't this apply to every single player game which isn't overflowing with RNG (and even there, differing enemy patterns usually just ends up meaning you have to memorize more)?
And to every combo not relying on certain char positions, and.. basically to just about anything people ever call hard?

So golden Ajna when?
Golden Axe 2018

Alternatively, put the yellow filter on everything, so it's Deus Axe: Human Incarnation.

Doesn't this apply to every single player game which isn't overflowing with RNG (and even there, differing enemy patterns usually just ends up meaning you have to memorize more)?
And to every combo not relying on certain char positions, and.. basically to just about anything people ever call hard?

Assuming that there isn't some logic/puzzle/discovery element to it or it isn't execution based that heavily challenges reflexes in a new way (which still feeds into the memorization bit), I'd say yeah.

The only stages that I can think of as "nintendo hard" were turbo tunnel, inferno, clinger winger, and kinda the snake stage. The river was actually random (cuz fuck you) and no matter how much you practice, sometimes the rat race kills you.

It is generally used specifically to games where the game is designed to hurt/kill you explicitly, without randomness, by placing things in your way that you are required to have known about beforehand, so there is no way to progress past that area except by playing it enough times that memorization keeps you alive. Ghouls'n'Ghosts, IWBtG, Ninja Gaiden, the Turbo Tunnel, etc.
Most games have enough RNG that the term doesn't really apply. It is also generally used to differentiate from "actually hard", meaning games that require twitch reactions like Geometry Wars, split-second control like F-Zero GX, leveling like RPGs, or other methods of success that are not simply repetition and memorization. To me, the term indicates that memorization is the ONLY difficult part of the game/level, and once it is memorized it becomes relatively trivial. There doesn't have to be pseudo-randomness involved to make a game not Nintendo Hard, but it does help.

The only stages that I can think of as "nintendo hard" were turbo tunnel, inferno, clinger winger, and kinda the snake stage.
Then it's a good thing that conversation was about the Turbo Tunnel, isn't it?
::pats you on the head::

Doesn't this apply ... basically to just about anything people ever call hard?
That goes for a lot of things, doesn't it? The more you learn, the more you know. You memorize a pattern to beat a boss, like you memorize an equation to pass a test. You use muscle memory to do a combo, or use it to play a song. Dribble a ball, lay a brick. Finish Battletoads, finish a semester (maybe).

Games remind us that if we dedicate our time to something, we'll get better at it, even if we have to fail a bunch of times first. Nintendo Hard is just Life on Easy Mode.

If Nintendo Hard is Simon Says and the logic behind it is memorization then it sounds stupid.

If Nintendo Hard is Simon Says and the logic behind it is memorization then it sounds stupid.

Yeah but if that game is Space Channel 5 and is quite actually just Simon Says but with graphics and music and style, then it becomes awesome.

BACKER UPDATE - MONSTERS!
Hi there, Indivisible backers!

For this update we wanted to provide a glimpse at some of the monsters you’ll run into on Ajna’s journey. The enemies you encountered in the playable prototype - the Hungry Ghost, the Ahp, the Belu, and the Manote Thiha - are just the very tip of the iceberg in terms of the unique creatures you’ll come across in Indivisible.

s30f4dgttuhou3kev9sd.png

These enemies will of course find their way into the final game, but here’s a look at some of the new ones you’ll be introduced to early on.

Keep in mind that, as always, all designs are subject to change for the final game!

Preta
qp5ntypt2qmrmwsw0f3w.png

Preta are closer to the traditional depiction of hungry ghosts, with a thin neck and small mouth, and are the grown form of the Hungry Ghost from the prototype. They are afflicted with an insatiable hunger for a particular substance or object, usually something gross. Hungry Ghosts tend to swarm around them.

Here are some doodles for the Preta!:

g2hpiroizgedb1cxg6oh.png

Ahool
j6yu8ioxotrtm4g9rvi2.png

The Ahool is a giant flying bat-like creature that lives deep in the forest, with sharp claws and a massive wingspan. This beast gets its name from the sound it makes.

Here are some Ahool sketches!:

cyeeu1zrhlskn9zfwrqa.png

Kabandha
qtqgu8jynjdi3nsml4mw.png

The Kabandha is a tree-like demon with no head that has an eye in its chest, a mouth in its stomach, and long arms.

Here are some rough concepts for the Kabandha:

zsuggbwlho3eckrrvssk.png

We’ll share more monster/enemy concepts periodically as the project progresses. This was just a little extra taste!

Follow us on Twitter (@IndivisibleRPG) or on Facebook for the latest news!

uYrA7Js.png
I have heard of the Ahool before (my sister binge watches Destination Truth and they did an episode on it) but the other two are new to me. Looking forward to their in-game bestiaries that go into their real world origins right i'll pay extra for that feature

Last edited:
wow... Rodney sure grew up quick...

The Tree Demon kinda looks goofy but... whatever. I don't care.

Damn, not many thing unnerve like really weird "eyes" like those that Preta dude has.

Nice one!

The Tree Demon kinda looks goofy but... whatever. I don't care.

Really? I find him the most threatening of the 3. The Ahool looks like a Neopet in his concept art and Preta just... ayyy lmao

I mean like

4jXY1dM.png

Kahbandla looks like a real threat. Something that could screw me up. Also reminds me of Double's throw animation which is pretty strong.

Each and every one of these are gonna give me nightmares :0

These monsters are great! The Ahool makes me think of a winged Rat Fink or a Rat Creature from Bone. Oh man, those animations are gonna be sick!

Rodney be like this isn't even my final form.

Preta reminds me of good old Ottomo, just nightmarish. I can't wait to see the Pre-Hispanic monsters!