• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

well I mean, it's not like the backerkits are even out yet. Once they are, if everyone just jumps up a single tier, it'll be funded.
Yeah, hopefully the mockups will provide a helpful incentive for people interested in upgrading. We don't even need half the Backers to upgrade in order be well on our way to that Mystery Dungeon. Of course, the toughest part with these surveys is making sure people open them up in the first place. I know I'm definitely planning on adding something on to my perk, if possible.

It's been said before, but worth saying again that the campaign's Slacker Backer pace has been really good so far. I remember Wayforward pushed their Slacker Backer for Half-Genie Hero pretty well, and kept it up for a little over a year after they got funded, and at the end they barely made over $150k including BackerKit upgrades. We're almost at $100k in a little over half a year without Upgrades, so there are definitely a lot of people out there still interested in supporting the game. We shouldn't count anything out until the buzzer.

Wait, when will the Backerkit be available?

Wait, when will the Backerkit be available?

do you really have to ask? You know what the answer's gonna be. It's always gonna be the same answer. It's futile to try for anything BUT the SOLE ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION.
TWO WEEKS :^)

Is there any official left-facing Ajna art that isn't obscured?

Is there any official left-facing Ajna art that isn't obscured?
Mirror the bead tassel, remember that she only has her wrist ... thing on one hand.

Reactions: Enzy
Now I wonder what's the currency in the Indivisible-verse.

my guess, some kind of soft gem stone in a gold coin. So something like Jade or something in like a diamond shape set in the center of the coin. Lower currencies would be silver coins with the same shape in the center only with out the stone, and a copper coin would have the diamond shape cut out of the coin kinda like the yen. Copper coins would be used by most of the people and would be fairly common for street merchants to accept this coin. The higher up venues and hotels would take in the silver coins and if Ajna were to flash around one of the gold coins it would in a really fancy rich place. Like say Antoine's place or something of that nature.

All we know about SG's currency is that it's called Bones and that they seem to be both in coin and paper form, most likely similar to the American Dollar during the 1920s. So it's value would be based off of rare materials, like gold.

That is a bummer for some games that don't use currency ingame. Sometimes I wonder what they actually look like and the different values, even though it's not really used. Be neat to see some form of money in the game to pad out the lore

We'll probably get to find out about that currency in SG mobile. The hard way.

my guess, some kind of soft gem stone in a gold coin. So something like Jade or something in like a diamond shape set in the center of the coin. Lower currencies would be silver coins with the same shape in the center only with out the stone, and a copper coin would have the diamond shape cut out of the coin kinda like the yen. Copper coins would be used by most of the people and would be fairly common for street merchants to accept this coin. The higher up venues and hotels would take in the silver coins and if Ajna were to flash around one of the gold coins it would in a really fancy rich place. Like say Antoine's place or something of that nature.

All we know about SG's currency is that it's called Bones and that they seem to be both in coin and paper form, most likely similar to the American Dollar during the 1920s. So it's value would be based off of rare materials, like gold.
Maybe the bones are literally the monster bones you collect from defeating monsters? I now picture Ajna ripping skeletons from monsters mortal kombat style.

Maybe the bones are literally the monster bones you collect from defeating monsters? I now picture Ajna ripping skeletons from monsters mortal kombat style.
SKULLGIRLS'S CURRENCY IS BONES NOT INDIVISIBLE'S. We don't know what Indivisible's currency will be, or even if there will be a shop system in the game.

ergo why I made up the guess of the currency in my previous post

Or how about the idea that game which is all about different cultures and their interactions WON'T HAVE ONE UNIVERSAL CURRENCY. Other games do it for in-game economy. Indi does not have shops, so there is zero reason to have a single currency. Each nation could use their own monetary systems. Some of which doesn't even need to rely on precious metals or gems. It could be furs or spices or what have you.

Last edited:
Or how about the idea that game which is all about different cultures and their interactions WON'T HAVE ONE UNIVERSAL CURRENCY. Other games do it for in-game economy. Indi does not have shops, so there is zero reason to have a single currency. Each nation could use their own monetary systems. Some of which doesn't even need to rely on precious metals or gems. It could furs or spices or what have you.
Ah, good old trading like they had in ancient times.

Or how about the idea that game which is all about different cultures and their interactions WON'T HAVE ONE UNIVERSAL CURRENCY. Other games do it for in-game economy. Indi does not have shops, so there is zero reason to have a single currency. Each nation could use their own monetary systems. Some of which doesn't even need to rely on precious metals or gems. It could furs or spices or what have you.
One of the things that usually gets me curious about the world.. what kind of money does that world use? Do each nation have different currencies like us? What would it look like? When I get interested in lore of a game, I love to hear everything about that world and learn about it. While it maybe a small, minuscule thing to talk about, it's still very interesting to learn to people like myself. Some game's lore leaves me wanting to learn even more about their world but they never touch enough of it. Indiv has a great opportunity to deliver a lot of great, out of scenes content with how much it's based on other cultures and mythos

The idea of multiple currencies in a game with varied locales reminds me of Secret of Evermore (SNES RPG). In that game you traveled between four regions that are VERY distinct (prehistoric, antiquated, gothic, futurey) and each one had different currencies that actually made sense (talons, gems, coins, credits). It's a really neat system involving currency conversions and trading quests. Check it out if you haven't.

369364-gfs_40377_2_15.jpg

Mike already said that there will be no currency though.

No money? hmmmmm, not sure if I like that idea. I get theres no consumables and all, which honestly I'm also not liking the idea of no consumables, but still theres other things that can be paid for such as weapons or heck even palettes and armor, granted the weapons and armor could purely be a stat thing and not a cosmetic thing. Which begs the question: If theres no gold or EXP (I think) then what is even the point of fighting enemies in this action RPG? What are the rewards?

There are EXP, no currency, no consumables. We talked about this before.

We REALLY need to compile a Indiv FAQ.

New Vegas had caps, NCR dollars, and Legion coins. Since I played melee, bullets also served as a practical, plentiful pseudo-currency.

As I understand it, Indiv's world-structure is more Metroid, less Final Fantasy. So, you wouldn't buy a nice weapon from a shopkeep, but you could maybe rescue his lost little sister and get a shiny new axe in return.

point of fighting enemies
Health gain through spare end-of-battle iddhi, and general obstacles in the way. What's the point of a goomba in Mario? Of a creepy bug thing in Metroid? Victory is its own reward. And, you know, learning the combat system.

Reactions: KaboomKid
See the difference with a goomba or a metroid creature is their in my way, a goomba I can kill in an instant Im not sucked into a chrono trigger styled battle system. even in action Rpgs theres still gold reward and EXP reward. Sure EXp is a decent reward but is there anything else besides health gain? I can do that with healing spells. Victory is a shallow reward for regular enimes, bosses maybe and once I learn the battle system then what.

If theres no shops and no gold then whats the point of towns (minus inns and all but even then no gold to pay for healing.)?

See the difference with a goomba or a metroid creature is their in my way, a goomba I can kill in an instant Im not sucked into a chrono trigger styled battle system.
Do note that you can kill low level enemies in one turn, which you start in directly if you get the hit.

Also note that lots of games put enemies "in your way".

Victory is a shallow reward for regular enimes, bosses maybe and once I learn the battle system then what.
Fun? Other gains that aren't gold?

If theres no shops and no gold then whats the point of towns (minus inns and all but even then no gold to pay for healing.)?
You're still very much thinking RPG instead of Metroidvania.

I think I'm done for now.

Oh, I know there's no usable cash in Indiv... just a vast world like this is going to be and nothing about how it's economics work kind of bugs my "need more info" trigger T~T

Ok, I'm thinking about this from an RPG standpoint so from a Metroidvania standpoint how will towns be handled? I've played a few Metroidvania games and they either have no towns or cities, or if they do its handled as a hub world for sidequests or they're treated like an RPG town. so how are towns going to be treated in Indvisible.

guys, I think in this case, the answer is "Wait for more info". Mike won't reveal EVERYTHING in this thread before release. Hell, it might not even be set in stone yet. Just chill, maybe play some similar games to Indivi (or any of the guest characters' games) if you haven't.

Try out:
  • Super Metroid (SNES, Wii, Wii U, 3DS)
  • Symphony of the Night (PS1, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP)
  • Any GBA / DS Castlevania
  • Valkyrie Profile (PS1, PSP)
  • Guacamelee

Chill.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm thinking about this from an RPG standpoint so from a Metroidvania standpoint how will towns be handled? I've played a few Metroidvania games and they either have no towns or cities, or if they do its handled as a hub world for sidequests or they're treated like an RPG town. so how are towns going to be treated in Indvisible.
Guacamelee does towns pretty well. They're basically hub levels, you don't spend a lot of time there. Good place to fiddle with your abilities, look for hidden goodies, have some basic non-intrusive dialog.

FYI - Alex said in the Lore video that the regions do use different forms of currency, but obviously we know that won't factor much into gameplay.

I think some of our threads combined with the IGG page actually cover a fair amount of FAQ topics, but I guess at a later point, an FAQ video like Kai's old prototype combat video might be a handy reference to pass around and get people interested in the game.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Guacamelee does towns pretty well. They're basically hub levels, you don't spend a lot of time there. Good place to fiddle with your abilities, look for hidden goodies, have some basic non-intrusive dialog.
and all dem easter eggs

Indivisible WILL have a hub. You push button, Ajna starts meditating and you warp into her Inner Realm which looks like a tiny village where all absorbed incarnations resides. You can talk to them, take quests and upgrade your weapons and stuff.
I'm pretty sure this info was posted on the IGG page.