• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is the community for this game dead/dying out quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorydouken

gundham tanakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reaction score
Steam
luigifan20
PSN
luigifan20
XBL
Supermariofan20
Beowulf Big Band Peacock
I can never find anyone online to play with on the PS3, and I see very few people hyped for anything coming out of the game as of late. It worries me, it's a really good game, but the legal problems shut it down early.

Are we gonna do this again
For the billionth time

Ah, this has been done a lot? Well, uh... You can practice your responses to these topics! I think....

Sg really is not a game that should be played online on a console, it's a tourny game meant to be played with a group of people in a small room with Soda and chips. (lets be honest the only real online activity is on the Pc, that might change when the ps4 and vita versions come out thanks to cross play.) As for the hype yeah people are going nuts right now and it's going to build up as the weeks go by. You may not of heard but there is this tiny little fighting game tournament where Skull Girls will be one of the main events that will be streamed there and it's going to have a $2,000 dollar pot. right now there is about eh... 60+ people signed up for this tournament. that's pretty strong don't you say? The tourny is called "Combo Breaker" and it's in Chicago on the 27th to the 30th of this month. So in yeah... i think this game not be as dead as you may think.

I can confirm that the community is not dying but like ninja said most of the action goes on the PC.

I can never find anyone online to play with on the PS3, and I see very few people hyped for anything coming out of the game as of late. It worries me, it's a really good game, but the legal problems shut it down early.
Try the online section of these forums for finding people to add to your friends list.
PC is busier than PS3 but PS3 shouldn't be totally empty?
SG online still one of the best and the game itself is lenient enough for online play by design.

A lot of people are going to Combo Breaker in Chicago to play Skullgirls!

Most of the community plays the PC version, you can find people playing QM all the time and most of the time there's some lobbies open as well.

Funny, i actually feel like it's growing more and more, and the PS4 version is gonna make it grow way even more, as far as online goes it's better to add people than wait for a random chance to find a match in quickmatch.

Reactions: Era
Yup
the PS4 version is gonna make it grow way even more
I think I'm one of those people.........

#dedgaem
#2dank4ded

Funny, i actually feel like it's growing more and more, and the PS4 version is gonna make it grow way even more, as far as online goes it's better to add people than wait for a random chance to find a match in quickmatch.
KONO DIO DA

Game's not dead. Bigger than ever, just look at Combo Breaker. PS3 online is dead. Go PS4 when it drops or go PC for more players.

I can't play fighting games on PC, only on PS3. Though I was a bit surprised there wasn't increased activity on PS3 the last few weekends of random players, I suggest hitting the PS3 matchmaking topics, especially Skullbats, where you might get a number of PSN friends. I'll add you if we have a good connection, close skill level, etc. PSN friends have been my main way of playing (when schedules work out).

I can't play fighting games on PC, only on PS3, arcade, older consoles, etc. Though I was a bit surprised there wasn't increased activity on PS3 the last few weekends of random players, I suggest hitting the PS3 matchmaking topics, especially Skullbats, where you might get a number of PSN friends. I'll add you if we have a good connection, close skill level, etc.
Skill level? Uhhh... Average. Yeah, average.

Ps3 activity increased a hell of a lot since beo dropped. I've seen soooooo many people in ranked that I never played before. On top of that, there are a lot more psabr players who were curious enough to buy the game. Ps3 online is way better than it has been for awhile, but I'm pretty sure it will die off again like it did when Big band, and Fukua hit. (not eliza tho, no one was hype for her)

KONO DIO DA

You're not Dio, I am Dio.

And yeah, your best shot is going to the PS3 matchmaking threads and start adding people.

Well actually your best shot is joining skullbats.

Ps3 activity increased a hell of a lot since beo dropped. I've seen soooooo many people in ranked that I never played before. On top of that, there are a lot more psabr players who were curious enough to buy the game. Ps3 online is way better than it has been for awhile, but I'm pretty sure it will die off again like it did when Big band, and Fukua hit. (not eliza tho, no one was hype for her)
I heard PSAS, how has it grown? I still play it every now and then, but I miss the release and DLC hype days.

And because Eliza was the least hyped character in the indiegogo campaign.

(not eliza tho, no one was hype for her)
I'm not saying we should've gotten Annie but

We should've gotten Annie.

Eliza got her revenge for being the least hyped. ;-;7

you can find people playing QM all the time and most of the time there's some lobbies open as well.
Looks like we live in different universes.
Oh wait, you were counting 300ping matches? Uh, okay then...

She got her revenge by nobody playing her.

I'm not saying we should've gotten Annie but

We should've gotten Annie.
Bro, check your grammar

You spelled "Stanley or Panzerfaust" as Annie, what's wrong with you?

Reactions: The Dave
Bro, check your grammar

You spelled "Stanley or Panzerfaust" as Annie, what's wrong with you?
Please don't correct DDB, ever, he knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDB
Please don't correct DDB, ever, he knows what's he talking about.

Hahahahahaha...oh wait you're serious.

I heard PSAS, how has it grown? I still play it every now and then, but I miss the release and DLC hype days.

And because Eliza was the least hyped character in the indiegogo campaign.
can't say I know. I don't play the game. What I do know is the psabr players picking up sg just want to know what it is like to play a real fighter.

I haven't played on ps3 in a while but last time (a few months ago, so between eliza and beo release) I did it wasn't completely dead? There were some people in QM, and like people said if you add people on PSN without relying on quick match you shouldn't have too much trouble playing with people (although yes PC is DEFINITELY more active)

I once waited 2 hours on ps3 QM with no matches.
Also what's PSAS and PSABR

i got like 3 different people in 30min-1hour (1 hour is probably an overstatement but I figured I'd be generous since it's been a while, it's likely closer to 30 min) but I did specifically pick a time to play where i figured it would be "peak hours" so there's that

I haven't played on ps3 in a while but last time (a few months ago, so between eliza and beo release) I did it wasn't completely dead? There were some people in QM, and like people said if you add people on PSN without relying on quick match you shouldn't have too much trouble playing with people (although yes PC is DEFINITELY more active)
Yea eliza patch just destroyed the online scene for ps3.

skeletons 2spooky

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I knew Eliza was no good.

Damn....So fucking the entire world in her ending wasn't enough for her.....

A lot of people will tell you that the skullgirls community is dead, however this is blatantly misinformed. The skullgirls community isn't dead, they're just all skeletons.

I've been following this community for almost three years in the hope that I could expose one of the largest underground societies of videogame-playing skeletons, but they're too careful. Their carefully made disguises are convincing, but not perfect. Have you ever seen dekillsage block an attack in real life? Have you ever seen mcpeanuts get thrown? Did you ever think its weird that whenever elda taluda is doing something, getting hit doesn't stop it from happening? Don't you think its weird how often domo says something "rattles his bones"? Have you ever noticed how before every match in tournament, skarmand drinks a glass of milk? Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that the four most played characters; valentine, squigly, eliza, and filia all have skeletons? Haven't you ever wondered why eliza won the vote in the first place? Have you ever noticed how render never seems to age?

Its because they're skeletons, every single one of them. I've been watching streams for years, waiting, watching for that one moment where they slip up. That one opportunity when their expertly crafted disguise slips, and they accidentally reveal their true nature. I have suspicions that even Alex Ahad is a skeleton, and perhaps one of the most powerful skeleton artists at that.

2015 year of the Huge Pot Bonus With Lots of Entrants Skeleton Tournament

It's all coming together... in fact if you zoom in on the Skull Girls Logo you can see this:

it's true.png

Status
Not open for further replies.