• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is there an option in Versus to pick a CPU opponent to fight?

Bloodroke

Reaction score
Ms. Fortune Valentine
Unless it will be added in soon, has already been added in and I missed it, where is such an option? I would like to fight a particular CPU opponent on a particular stage for the purpose of recording gameplay footage.

Again, bringing up the "I came from other fighting games with such an option" argument, it just seems strange to not have an option for this. What if players would like to practice in a real match against AI opponents of their choosing?

If I want to get the particular gameplay footage I am after, it seems as though I have to continuously restart Arcade Mode until I come across the particular combination I am looking for, which may take a while.

Again, yes, I understand Lab Zero has manpower and economic issues (especially in months past), but it seems strange to not include such an option in a modern fighting game. Some could argue that the option would be useless, however, I argue that many players, including myself, prefer not to play online (due to the fear of overwhelming loss). Yes, I will never truly get better at the game, but that isn't the point of this thread. Players would like to have the option to choose an AI opponent to fight on the stage of their choosing to see how they stack up against said opponent.

Can't you do this in training?

You can have an actual match that can be won, with intro animations and everything in training?

Gah, there's always someone who posts about something before me. I'm never the first one to comment about something. Darn. I need to start using the "search" feature; in all my years on this planet, I have never used that function on a forum to see if something that I am about to post has already been posted elsewhere.

You don't get the intros but you can play till the winner is crowned.