• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jan 27, 2017] Frosty Faustings IX (Elmhurst, IL)

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
Cjy-9ORVAAAzpR-.jpg

The above is pretty much all we know, for now. It's over 6 months away, so I'll post the additional info as it becomes available.

This tourney has, like Combo Breaker, made improvements from previous years, and I think it could be a good opportunity for us to show up and make a good impression (and of course, have a great time!). I certainly don't expect CB numbers, but if 50+ people showed up for SG, it would certainly show we're not just a once-yearly crowd. I'll be there, and I hope to see some of you there, too.

Reactions: gluemchen
Hey, sweet! Chicago is actually only a couple days drive for me, so looks like this will be my first tourney. Thanks for putting it up way ahead of time Kai, I know what to focus on now

I should be able to make it. It's pretty easy for me to make Frosty Faustings since I only have to take one day off work instead of two.

Reminder that early registration discounts end on Oct 8 - two weeks from now.

Yeah, I'm in there. Totally ready to overload myself between SG, VSav, Melty, and the Mystery Game Tournament!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would love to go but it depends on school and money, also does any one know if legacy controllers and converters are banned for BBCF there? there is nothing that says it is and I dont want to get in trouble

Hey guys, wanted to chime in here. I made some big announcements on Monday Night Blockbuster last night, and one of them was that I started a Matchrino account for MNB and Battlegrounds. All money that is raised each season will be donated as a pot bonus for the next SG major. For this season MNB will be donating to will be Froty Faustings! I keep you guys updated if anything happens, but here is the link of the matchrino page! https://matcherino.com/b/tournaments/3868

Last edited:
So who is going to this? I'm not sure I want to go to a lonely tournament.

Anybody else planning to arrive Friday afternoon?

I'll be there Thursday night, so I'll be there all day Friday.

Cy4nJZ3VIAAGdfL.jpg:large

Oh me oh fucking my

With all of the artists here, what if someone photoshopped one of these images with lots more zeros. That makes it official, right?

Is anyone planning on getting in/being at the venue at Thursday night or Friday during the day? Trying to plan which day I come in on right now.

I'll be there Friday afternoon/night and staying there overnight. Not sure how many other locals are though.

I'll be there all Friday as well, though I'm split between 3 other events alongside SG.

I'll be there on Thursday if others are too (and if I can get the time-off approved)

Flights to Chicago are dirt cheap and I can easily fly up there after work on Thursday. As long as a couple other people are there I can hang out with it will be worth it for me.

Also...I signed up for Guilty Gear teams but my friend isn't getting there until Friday night. If I end up going up on Thursday night does anyone else want to team with me?

Arriving at noon friday and leaving at 5:55pm on Sunday. Rides/Split for me and peanuts are always appreciated.

I'm looking to die from alcohol poisoning Saturday night if anyone else is in (unless I make BB Top 8)

I missed a lot of you guys at CEOtaku, so let's make every minute count.

Anyone have hotel space from Thursday - Sunday?

Rooms are almost out from what I hear, you have to call the hotel and book it through them. Get on it if you haven't

630-279-0700
Clarion Inn & Waterford Conference Center in Elmhurst, IL

Anyone got a room thursday-sunday?

welp, a crown cracked and now i need to get a root canal redone. that likely removes my ability to hit Frosty.

Who's getting in Thursday night (to the airport) that would be down to split a cab to the venue?

do people land at o'hare or midway?
o'hare seems to be the cheapest anyway but I'm curious.

edit: I also really enjoyed having a discord just for the event at ceotaku and I think we should do it again for this

Reactions: NCV
ORD for sure, it's just a 20 minute drive or so.