• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jan 27, 2017] Frosty Faustings IX (Elmhurst, IL)

I'm pretty sure it's going to be on Retail, but just want to make sure, does anyone know for sure if we're not running the tourney on Beta?

At the point where the tournament happens it likely won't matter.

Reactions: NCV
Retail is the only version that makes sense. While I'm sure the majority of SG players have access to the beta, there are plenty of others that still don't. We likely won't be seeing any tournies on "beta" until the physical release is finalized and makes it's way into our hands.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
hahaha retail...

retail robo....

Is anyone else getting in Thursday night? I'd like to split cab fare from the airport to the venue.

Also, I'm looking for a partner for the Guilty Gear 2v2 tournament on Friday.

edit: nvm, I'm just gonna head up on Friday

Last edited:
Well then, aaaaaanyone else gonna be there on Thursday?

Well then, aaaaaanyone else gonna be there on Thursday?

I'll come on Thursday if they'll be enough people there that it will be worth it, but ya'll gotta let me know sooner rather than later.

I'm already set to arrive on Thursday at around 5:15. Biz arrives later that night

I won't be there till Friday myself. Most likely later in the day - 8pm at the earliest.

See you all there!

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
Flying in Thursday, arriving at 8:50 PM. If anyone wants to split a cab or uber, please let me know.

I'm sure everyone here already has, but there's only a few days left to register, so make sure you do so!

FYI, my partner for the Guilty Gear Xrd Teams tournament doesn't get in until Friday night, so I still need a partner! I'm signed up under the team "May May Bae Bae" I have been playing this game for 3 weeks so don't expect to win/I don't care how good or bad you are. Please play with me! I've already paid for the team so you can join for free.

Confirmed. Thursday @1PM through Sunday evening.

Sev, ChooseGoose, and I are all on the same flight if anyone wants to go in on a van or something. <3

Here's a question. I heard the patch was going to launch the week of Frosty, but there's some delays because of Sony. Does this mean, the current retail version is going to run or the finalized beta?

Here's a question. I heard the patch was going to launch the week of Frosty, but there's some delays because of Sony. Does this mean, the current retail version is going to run or the finalized beta?

seems like a toss up.

unknown.png

Guys I did it. (The predictor is favoring me for some reason lmao)

Just send my split and I'll stay home in the warm.

Eep, I'm scurred >.<

Just to confirm, only Top 8 will be streamed?

I'm offended at what projections has for me.

Eep, I'm scurred >.<

Just to confirm, only Top 8 will be streamed?
SG top 8 is going to be streamed at 2pm on Saturday on the Event Horizon twitch channel. That appears to be the only stream slot that SG will have this tournament.

Only top 8 is streamed every Frosty since I've started going.

Oh happy day!

Any possibility of a pool party?

There's a heated indoor pool

bringing my trunks

Time for the SGC to take over the pool again, I see

Is anyone planning on going to the after party at Ignite on Sunday?

I'l probably be there as it is sort of my place of employment. It's also a dope spot though I am unsure of how much space we'll be getting for it.

Hey I guess I should mention this since it probably fucks up all the seeds for the tournament: I'm not planning on playing in the singles tournament. Under a lot of stress at work and I'm not in a good place mentally to be playing tournaments. I imagine it's probably too late to redo the seeds but I thought I should at least mention it.

Hey I guess I should mention this since it probably fucks up all the seeds for the tournament: I'm not planning on playing in the singles tournament. Under a lot of stress at work and I'm not in a good place mentally to be playing tournaments. I imagine it's probably too late to redo the seeds but I thought I should at least mention it.
Oof, that's not good. You're right that it's kinda late in the game, but let me see what I can do.

I really encourage you to reconsider, nonetheless. I've always personally felt better after soldiering through when things are tough. Maybe play a side team. Just come take part with us, if you can.