• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I finished watching the 2000 OVA (It was average. Around 6/10) and read 2 volumes of Part 1 (Which I'm enjoying). I'm going to be watching the 1993 OVA, 2012 show and will be reading Parts 1-3. I'm interested in checking out Part 6 because Juri from SSF4 was inspired by Jolyne. Do I need to read Parts 4 and 5 first or can I jump from Part 3 to 6?

Do I need to read Parts 4 and 5 first or can I jump from Part 3 to 6?
Folks will likely tell you to read the whole series but in terms of plot connectivity, you don't need to read parts 4 and 5 to understand Part 6. All you need to understand Part 6 is meth. Lots of meth.

Reactions: CaptainGlazak
I just watched this without any context, what the fuck did I just watch?O_O

Reactions: CaptainGlazak
Do I need to read Parts 4 and 5 first or can I jump from Part 3 to 6?

No, you don’t have to read them, but I highly suggest you do, because they’re awesome. Part IV is about Joseph’s illegitimate son Josuke, who tries to beat a murderous stand-user in his hometown. Jotaro also appears as a secondary character. It also clears how DIO (and thus the whole Joestar family) got stands in the first place, that introduces an artifact which is important to the overall storyline.

Part V features DIO's son Giorno as the protagonist, sets in Italy and features characters from Part III as well as IV. It has really unique characters and funny stand powers, even for JoJo-Standards.

None of the happenings in Part IV and V are really important if you want to read VI after III, but you miss some of Arakis best work. In fact, most of Part IV's characters are his very favorites and he felt that the storyline is one of his bests. I can only agree with that.

If you really want to read Part VI so badly, do it, it’s possible. But trust me: You don’t want to miss the other two.

Damn, too late... :(

And Denizen: Anything from JoJo looks strange, because it is intended too ;)

The climax of Part 2 is sheer balls to the walls fucking insanity.
The Allies didn't defeat the Nazis. Dubstep killer squirrels did.

Part 2's climax is crazy but you can at least understand what is going on. Meanwhile, it's gonna take scholars hundreds of years to figure out King Crimson and Part 6.

The Allies didn't defeat the Nazis. Dubstep killer squirrels did.

Part 2's climax is crazy but you can at least understand what is going on. Meanwhile, it's gonna take scholars hundreds of years to figure out King Crimson and Part 6.
Well still, it's mostly context and just how strange it is.
Part 5's climax actually is pretty bugfuck insane in hindsight too, now that I think about it

it takes all of one futurama episode to understand king crimson

made in heaven can be explained with the use of this helpful gif
tumblr_inline_mwdwzzZDza1r738ky.gif

Also part 5 is just kinda boring aside from a few fights so I'd say there's really nothing to lose with skipping it.

A way to understand king crimson is lag, he makes you lag really hard.

also yeah
King Crimson is the source of all your video game lag

well what happens to them is generally what happens when you lag, seeing yourself in different places, not able to move, time goes on and one other person can move properly in it.

I like to imagine it like this: Imagine a record player (like the super old-timey kind) the record is playing normally, but king crimson bumps the player, and the song skips forward a bit. King Crimson(er, Diavolo) knows how the song goes though, so even though the record skips, he remembers the parts that SHOULD HAVE happened, but only the notes after the skip are heard/known to anyone else.
I think.
I fucking think.

well count 2 tears for me because I skip 2 p[arts.... cuz of dog deaths. :<

Whenever someone skips a Part, a girl in Africa sheds a tear
Are you implying that I'm planning to skip a couple of parts and just not come back to them at all? I'm curious about Part 6, because Juri Han was inspired by Jolyne.

Reactions: Jutsei
Bit of a late update, but I finished part 7. Not sure where I'd rank it among the other parts, but it'd definately be in my top 3 or so. Felt the battle/s with Valentine was a tad drawn out (mostly cause of the Chocolate Disco chapters constantly rewinding to show 5 different perspectives at once), but still very enjoyable overall.

well count 2 tears for me because I skip 2 p[arts.... cuz of dog deaths. :<
It still bugs me you skipped 2 parts because of one scene in each Part. People die in those parts (and every Part in JoJo, I might add) too, you know. And don't worry, the culprits get what they deserve.
Are you implying that I'm planning to skip a couple of parts and just not come back to them at all? I'm curious about Part 6, because Juri Han was inspired by Jolyne.
It's more enjoyable to wait until you catch up to the Part you're really looking forward to. I REALLY wanted to read Parts 6 and 7 but I was willing to read 4 and 5 beforehand because I knew the wait will be worth it. As @Detective Q said, Part 4 introduces a very important artifact to the storyline, which is a major plot point in 5 and is pretty important in 6 (or else you'd be confused when you start reading it). I'm glad you're going to go back to 4 and 5, but it's better to read through with them first.

I know some people who wont watch D.Gray-man because of what happens to the cat in the first episode/chapter. animal lovers hate seeing animals they love get hurt. it's perfectly understandable.

I know some people who wont watch D.Gray-man because of what happens to the cat in the first episode/chapter. animal lovers hate seeing animals they love get hurt. it's perfectly understandable.
Especially if you've had past animals.

But I can take it. I've seen worse.
Doesn't mean I don't hate it when a dog dies for stupid reasons.

I'm glad they haven't stopped translating. Duwang is good and all, but the scan quality is barely tolerable

Reactions: Jutsei
Any other news on the NA/EU version? Will there be just a Japanese dub or are they adding an English one? Are the characters' name getting censored heavily to avoid breaking copyright laws?

Sub only, which is why the physical copies are only available online and not in retail. Some of the names are getting changed, but they're working with Araki and Shueisha to make sure it doesn't deviate from the original. This isn't new news though :p
So far, only Buccellati has been changed to Bucciarati and Santana to San Tan

So wait, hold the fucking phone.
We get new content, it's out in march, AND there WILl be physical copies!?
FUCKING YEAH.
I'm gonna try to get that physical copy, holy shit

footage:
"Heaven's Door" is still in :D

Last edited:
footage:
*They Are All Those of "Justice" playing*
tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

I like the translated lines under the meter bar. That was clever. Maybe this will turn out alright...

Reactions: Jutsei and EA575
Is there any mention of them improving the netcode? And if they are, how? It's some of the worst I have ever experienced in the JP version.

No news about it :/

*They Are All Those of "Justice" playing*
tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

I like the translated lines under the meter bar. That was clever. Maybe this will turn out alright...
I can't stop bobbing my head to it

You severely underestimate how much I love that fucking song.
I'm not kidding when I say I listened to the 30 minute extended version the whole way through at least 10 times.
Then when that went offline I listened to the 15 minute version for like 45 times

Reactions: EA575 and Balder
Is there any mention of them improving the netcode? And if they are, how? It's some of the worst I have ever experienced in the JP version.
That's one of my concerns as well and as someone who only has online to get their VS fix, the netcode's quality will make or break the purchase for me. I read the original is bad even between JP players so I can't even fathom how it must be across continents...

First time that track was heard was in the Group G of JoJo League, and I must have watched the Pucci x Valentine fight (3:13) Lord knows how many times just for tiny glimpses of that tune. And, of course, DOJYAAA~ ~N!. This game is what really solidified Valentine as one of my favorite JoJo characters. Palette, voice, theme, moves...
The OST is, IMHO, a achievement as grand the character graphics.

Reactions: EA575 and Jutsei
That's one of my concerns as well and as someone who only has online to get their VS fix, the netcode's quality will make or break the purchase for me. I read the original is bad even between JP players so I can't even fathom how it must be across continents...

First time that track was heard was in the Group G of JoJo League, and I must have watched the Pucci x Valentine fight (3:13) Lord knows how many times just for tiny glimpses of that tune. And, of course, DOJYAAA~ ~N!. This game is what really solidified Valentine as one of my favorite JoJo characters. Palette, voice, theme, moves...
The OST is, IMHO, a achievement as grand the character graphics.
I speak from experience, it's fucking awful. Between teleporting, 3-4 second input delay and inputs getting eaten, playing online is extremely unpleasant.

footage:
"Heaven's Door" is still in :D

"how 'bout a cold one"
"hah! moron!"

yeah... these are extremely honest attack names, i say!

still, i'm liking the end result. seems faithful enough to the original (nothing like some godawful scanlations). Heaven's door name is still there, at least

jojo5-noscale.jpg

Best translations

"how 'bout a cold one"
"hah! moron!"

yeah... these are extremely honest attack names, i say!

still, i'm liking the end result. seems faithful enough to the original (nothing like some godawful scanlations). Heaven's door name is still there, at least
It doesn't matter, Rohan is pretty bad outside his annoying shenanigans.