• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Well there are still rider series to watch but back on topic.

how many episodes are there until the break?

I'm disappointed, but I hope the 2nd half of the show will still have top-notch episodes.

I just checked the Kindle store about a week ago and Stardust Crusaders is now available for about $5 a volume.
I wonder what took so long.

The breaks in Gaim are now spreading over into Jojo, what on earth, I don't really know of any reason they need to take a break for this just seems really weird, I know a friend who really likes Jojos who is gonna be so disappointed with this information.
"We're sorry about this, but seeing as the series is 4 cours long we had to in order to maintain the quality level."

I will binge watch the entirety of part 3 and nothing less.
I respect that.
Well there are still rider series to watch but back on topic.

how many episodes are there until the break?
Considering the fact that it's a season break, they'll probably stop at around September so maybe 7-9 more episodes including the one tomorrow.
I just checked the Kindle store about a week ago and Stardust Crusaders is now available for about $5 a volume.
I wonder what took so long.
Viz is having a summer digital sale where all digital manga are $2.00 off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybermanworf
I still have to catch up with the anime. Last one I saw was emperess, I think.
Will download some day and watch it all.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The last BD set for this half ends at 24, so we have 6 more episodes left.

411ee5bc79.png

So, that was the most piddly fight in the show, got rekt without even getting hit by an ORA or anything.

PS, the laughing scene was just hilarious. Not quite as good as All-Star Battle (shoutouts to Jotaro turning into Scooby-Doo for his laugh taunt), but it still hit all the marks.

This is by far the worst fight in the whole JoJo series. Zeppeli dropping the ripple on friend frog is more exciting.
IMHO the problem with Part 3 is that it's needlessly waaaaaay too long. By the time the tarot stands were all known it was already exhausting, but BAM! Egyptian gods and meaningless fights.
Of course there were some great fights in Egypt, like both D'arby brothers and Pet Shop, but damn, some are enormously meaningless.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
as long as 5 and 6 are confirmed...I'm all good.(never read 7 or 8 though)

No part 4?
Mista confirmed as David Production's director.

Reactions: Coolyo294
They're goin all the way up to that guy with the sailor hat and the pink hairdo

there's a guy with a sailor hat AND a pink hairdo?
Is the next Jojolion out already?

my bad :/ thought they were the same person

I don't get all the hate for the Sun. It's meant to be a comic relief from all the tense, serious fights they've been having recently just like Tonio was in Part 4

I liked the Sun, both in the manga and the anime, but I don't think he should've gotten an entire episode. Half should have been for him, the other half should have been alluding to Mannish Boy.

After seeing this episode, it would feel off and not well-paced if they cram half of the episode with the Sun and rest with Death 13. I think it's better as a whole episode.

the sun is the absolute dumbest part of Stardust Crusaders and I love it

Finished Part 5 on saturday.

It was really fun.
I liked the way that Araki changed the muscle mountain aspect from the previous parts.
Liked the way that he changed Abacchio and Trish from assholes to trustful friends. Didn't like the way the opposite process happened to Fugo, tho.
Backstories and stands design were really well developed, but as always, there are plenty plotholes.
Polnareff was able to fuck everything up even 13 years later.
Abacchio's and Bucciarati's death were pretty noble and intense.
Narancia's death managed to be more random than Kakyoin's (Also, killing Polnareff during part 3 and inserting Kakyoin in his place on part 5 would be waaaaaaaay better).
Still don't get how Bucciarati managed to stay ~alive~.
Fights were better than part 4, but character development on part 4 is still better, IMO.

e: Also, it should be called "BruBu's Bizarre Adventures"

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolyo294
Araki said:
"I frequently get the comment that the "Enemies" in JoJo Part 4 are "Weak." I think my response to this criticism is quite clear from the work itself, but since I've heard the same complaint from the editorial staff, I'll answer it explicitly: I constructed Part 4 around the theme of mental and emotional weakness. The Stands were created by exaggerating the viewpoints of characters consumed by their own flaws. I was thinking about how strong enemies show up in manga. After them, an even stronger enemy shows up, and after them, an even stronger one... so what happens at the very end? It's kind of like thinking about the edges of the universe. Once you look about the world, you realize that what it really means to be a "strong" person is not to do bad things. "An enemy who does bad things" is a person who has "a spiritual weakness," and what's truly scary is when someone takes that weakness and uses it to lash out against others."

Phantom Blood comes out September digitally.
Battle Tendency comes out digitally in March.

the manga? where do i buy it?
most likely Viz's main site. since they're the one's releasing it.

on a different note, I finally bought All Star Battle, and love it. it feels like they increased the damage output or something because battles dont feel like they take anywhere near as long.

I've beaten parts 1 and 2 and unlocked Jolyne's 2nd costume with the skirt.

EDIT: more specifially http://www.viz.com/search?search=JoJo

Last edited:
Reactions: EA575
Sweet! all star battle looks like a awesome game,too bad it's console exclusive though.

I say picking up this game and a console for cheap is pretty worth it.

especially since its PS3, and PS3 is pretty good in terms of being someone on a budget.

as far as I know, yes. and they're all about 2 bucks each.

Thanks for the info, cuz you know: Old Joseph, nuff said.

Too bad PS3s cost a kidney here.