• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Yeah, I'd say finish it while the story is fresh on your mind - otherwise you might miss out on something when you go back to it.... Especially in JoJo where time/space altering powers come into play.

will skip part 4... i'm scared of the bad translation (already got a horrible scan for part 3). is 5/6/7 any better?

brother dont be dong

So, gentlemen.
Favorite stand(s)/abilities?
My favorite is like a tie between Sticky Fingers, and Kiss.
Because they both sound undoubtably lame on paper, but then they get used awesomely.
And yes, I love how Joshuu's stand is basically a combination of the two.

Favorite stand(s)/abilities?.
For Stands themselves, my top 3 would be Kiraa Kuiin, Howaitosuneiku and Daati Diizu Dan Daato Chiipu mostly because they seem to have overall a lot of their own personality (Killer Queen in particular does pretty smug poses). ASB portrayed them brilliantly (along with everything else). Also special mention to Hanged Man, my favorite Stand from my favorite part.

For powers, Killer Queen again because I appreciate the pragmatism of blowing shit up and D4C because parallel universe hopping sounds like crazy fun.

EDIT: Western version of ASB will have changed names.
Waamu, Eisidisi and Kahz confirmed. (and that's not the worst of it) :/

I can understand changing some names, but for one word names like wham and cars...it seems overkill. And I swear if speedwagon's name gets changed I'm going to punch something innocent.

Oh man, what to choose... I'm no doubt gonna forget about one I love. And I can't just list one!

Based on the stand's visual design, I'd have have to say Cream, Sethan, and Grateful Dead. I don't know what it is about Cream, but I love it's visual design, and the way it "eats" itself and it's stand user. Also props to whoever at Capcom designed his moveset for the old game, as well as just the way he moves. Sethan for looking so weird and creepy, fitting for such an unsettling user like Alessi. And Grateful Dead cause, seriously just look at that thing! Just looking at that thing, you know it's big trouble, and it certainly delivered with one of the most tense series of chapters in Part 5.

Ability-wise, I'd have to say Hanged Man, Bastet, Crazy Diamond, Sticky Fingers, Metallica, Stone Free, and Diver Down.
Hanged Man, cause killer reflections is an awesome idea. Bastet, cause I love magnetism powers. Crazy Diamond, because I love the fact that it can destroy as easily as it can heal, as well as using healing to cause bad things. Sticky Fingers, cause amazing utility and near limitless possibilities. Metallica and Diver Down, cause destroying someone from the inside and re-arranging their bodies is so sick and twisted. And Stone Free, for the same reasons as Sticky Fingers. Too much?
Mind you, I haven't started Part 7, so there may be cool stands I have yet to discover

Reactions: Balder and Jutsei
I can understand changing some names, but for one word names like wham and cars...it seems overkill.
To me, the weirdest change was Mariah to Mahrahia in the CPSIII game. It's not like Carey owns the freakin' name or anything.
Now here's the thing about this ordeal (something I already pondered before the site going down): it's easy enough to work on the likes of Wham, ACDC, Cars and the Part 3 characters where all it takes is changing some text in the HUD but what about the others?
I mean, the band named Stands get CALLED OUT loud and clearly. How are they going to work around Kira calling out Killer Queen, to name a example? If the name is changed, the sound file would likely be changed to match it. Or are they going to remove those entirely?
I'm quite eager to know how they'll dance their way around this conundrum.

Response:
Mine would be:
df0.png

By the by and to anyone unaware, Know Your Meme's JoJo gallery is certainly worth a peek.

Based on the stand's visual design, I'd have have to say Cream, Sethan, and Grateful Dead.
Cream does look pretty awesome and Capcom did a great job on it. Overall, the game handles references and such quite well as they never feel "forced" like in ASW's Hokuto No Ken fighter.
And Grateful Dead is my favorite part 5 stand. Prosciutto & Pesci is my favorite moment in part 5.

My favorite stand designs are Gold Experience and Green Day. I also like Pearl Jam, they and Tonio don't get enough love

That's pretty much my thing, I don't think they'll touch the audio files.
At least I hope they won't.
Because I don't think I'd get as much as a kick hearing "BRIGHT ENCOUNTER REQUIEM" instead of "GOLD EXPERIENCE REQUIEM"

"CLOSE ENCOUNTER REQUIEM!"
"THIN PANIC ATTACK!"
"WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DUWANG!"...wait

Reactions: Jutsei
My favourite stand is Killer queen, it has really unique abilites and it named after one of the songs of Queen.

Favorite stand designs: Black Sabbath followed by King Crimson

Favorite stand powers: Toss up between Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Heaven's Door, and the 'Another One Bites The Dust' ability of Killer Queen

will skip part 4... i'm scared of the bad translation (already got a horrible scan for part 3). is 5/6/7 any better?
having just finished part 4, most all of it has a good translation now and the end part is still really awesome even with that having the shitty translation.

also it's kind of epxected for name changes though i'm kind of sad that there will be no english voices.
My favorite so far i think is Crazy Diamond mainly cause of it's ability of being super strong and at the same tiem being able to restore anything.

That actually brings up a good point Cybermanworf. A lot of people (read: "I") like stands a lot more when I can draw parallels between the stand and the band it's named after, y'know? I probably wouldn't have remembered Notorious B.I.G. if it wasn't for the fact that what it did was eerily similar to Biggie himself in it's ability.

On the band aspect, I don't think anything tops Killer Queen, that takes it further with Sheer Heart Attack and Bites the Dust.

Heck! The powers and appearance even have parallelisms with the song.
Gunpowder, Guillotine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

Playful as a pussy cat.

What? Anytime is a good time for Queen. :3 (For my own shame, got 4 Queen albums and none has Killer Queen. orz )

Scarykira.jpg

IT HAS NO WEAKNESS!

Uh, guys? That ASB announcement practically confirms that localizations of the anime are coming.

Still though, I'm quite worried about the name changes...
But...we at lesat get the game, right?
And the fact they're being checked by Araki at least makes this sting a lot less.

Eh, I'm not exactly worried. Unless anyone's names are changed to something completely stupid like Dio becoming Lonely Hearts or some crap like that, I see no reason to raeg. Besides, if you can't stand Wham, Cars, and ACDC being called something else, we're gonna have to live with it, as the anime (if it ends up going international) will also have the changed names.

In completely unrelated JoJo-ness, I hope that when JoJo Abridged gets to the scene where Dio uses Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, he winds up referencing Optic Blast.

I would have a stand that could make cracks on any surface. The stand would also have the ability to make water, freeze it, and shatter it.

If you know anything about ice wedges, you know exactly what it can do.

BEHOLD: OPTIC BARREL! Space RIPPER STINGY EYES!
Also, it's kinda funny: I can think of what a stand would BE (you know what I mean, like if a band was a stand, or a singer, rapper, etc. Or even for other people...) But I can never come up with one for myself.

I don't think it'll be that bad
That said, there are a couple of interesting aspects to the game’s localization. For one thing, Namco Bandai are working with JoJo publisher Shueisha to make sure that the localized names for the characters fit with Hirohiko Araki’s intentions “while not offending any party”. Additionally, the localized names will be matched to the U.S. and European versions of the recent anime to ensure consistency.

Reactions: Jutsei
Shit. Localized anime? I'd better become a famous voiceactor QUICK.

I'm a little afraid they aren't going to search for new VA's for this, and just load JJBA up with Jonny Yung-Boshes and Steve Blums and Vic Mignonas and Yuri Lowenthals...I'm not saying they're bad...it's just they're EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE.

I'm a little afraid they aren't going to search for new VA's for this, and just load JJBA up with Jonny Yung-Boshes and Steve Blums and Vic Mignonas and Yuri Lowenthals...I'm not saying they're bad...it's just they're EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE.
I heard that the game will be Japanese Dub only with subtitles.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I heard that the game will be Japanese Dub only with subtitles.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think I am going to agree with you on this Jutsei. I would like to here what they sound like in English, which we might get in the anime but can we guarantee that the voice direction and voice actors will be as good and as fitting for the characters in the english dub?

Actually I was talking about the anime...You know they're localizing that too...right?

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Actually I was talking about the anime...You know they're localizing that too...right?

Yeah I know they are localizing the anime, I don't know who I would want to voice who but I do want travis Willingham to be voicing someone, possibly Dio.

From the article:

Namco also confirmed to us that the U.S. version of the game will retain the Japanese text that appears onscreen mid-fight (since, as CyberConnect2 president Hiroshi Matsuyama commented, Japanese sound effects are also present in the localized version of the manga) and the Japanese voice acting. So, the mid-fight 無駄s and オラs will remain intact when the game reaches the west.

No dubbing makes me sad. I've LOVE to hear all those characters in English, if only for the hilariousness factor.

And I HAVE to say I friggin LOVE "Eisidisi" change. It's still ACDC just spelled in a GENIUS way. I seriously love it, lol

Is there going to be new ending credits songs? I want In The Court Of The Crimson King to be Part 5's song.

Finished Stone Ocean. Nothing short of incredible.

And as far as the ASB news, I don't mind them just using the Japanese voices. While I would love to see them use English voices (wouldn't even care if a bunch of VA regulars did it; I used quite a bit of them for my headcanon anyways), I'm already used to these voices. Plus they're all great.

Reactions: EA575
I must say, I just recently started JoJo's after hearing endlessly about it for well over a few years. I have no idea why I started.

BUT GOD DAMN, WHY DIDN'T I START SOONER?

Stardust Crusaders, which I just finished, I understand is the most well-known and popular one. I can see why. It was fantastic. The story telling, the quick little side-track fights, the feels, HNGGH I CAN'T STOP THE JOJO'S FEVER.

The JoJo fever never ends

Muda da. *ZAWARUDO.exe*