• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I'm a little afraid they aren't going to search for new VA's for this, and just load JJBA up with Jonny Yung-Boshes and Steve Blums and Vic Mignonas and Yuri Lowenthals...I'm not saying they're bad...it's just they're EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE.

Stop describing my greatest fear.

Localize the dub and old Joseph's omg attacks kinda loses the fun...

tumblr_muuqjpV2SN1r09vilo1_1280.jpg
Joshuu's Stand is named Nut King Call after the jazz musician.
tumblr_muuujtqgBR1r09vilo1_1280.jpg

The Shakedown Road Stand is called Autumn Leaves

Last edited:
There are actually a lot of non-rock stand names.

I've always wanted a stand named Space Oddity.

EDIT: For the JoJo-verse, not for myself....

EDIT 2: Okay, for myself.

I'd go with Clockwork Black because Moog music needs JoJo love too. By the name, it sounds like something that operates through shadows and turns targets into puppets. That, or animates inanimate objects to do the user's bidding (I kinda like this one more).

Also Moon River because we gotta respect the classics. :3

Anyway, I'm wondering if I oughta start reading Part 8 or not. I'm not much of a anime/manga person but when I start watching/reading, I like to get the whole thing done, if not just because of short term memory. And in a manga like JoJo, you really gotta keep track of everything.
On a semi-related note, I recently read through Berserk only to crash into a wall of disappointment. "WTF! It's STILL ongoing?"
I don't think I'll ever rest until I see Gatsu finally take his revenge.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I oughta start reading Part 8 or not. I'm not much of a anime/manga person but when I start watching/reading, I like to get the whole thing done, if not just because of short term memory. And in a manga like JoJo, you really gotta keep track of everything.
On a semi-related note, I recently read through Berserk only to crash into a wall of disappointment. "WTF! It's STILL ongoing?"
Part 8 is very very good. It's got a lot of fresh ideas and the protagonist is really cool

Welcome to world of infinite hiatus, right next to Hunter x Hunter

I always get so worried about the future of Berserk. Miura is getting sick of making the series, He's built up the villians so much that it's gonna take awhile before Guts can take out even a couple of them, and not to mention that he's getting up there in years. It'd suck to have Berserk left unfinished if something where to happen to him.

Part 8 is very very good. It's got a lot of fresh ideas and the protagonist is really cool
I usually look up mangas on mangareader or mangafox. I don't know if they are the ideal spot but from a quick search, I see both got JoJolion. I've been keeping tabs on it through the Wikia though; it surprises me there's so many few antagonists so far.

Incidentally, I need to read Part 4 again once the Morioh take is finished. Have to give it a fair chance...though Duwang isn't to blame for Joseph's treatment and Kira being WTFH4Xed throughout the entirety of the final battle.

Miura is getting sick of making the series, He's built up the villains so much that it's gonna take awhile before Guts can take out even a couple of them, and not to mention that he's getting up there in years.
I read some comments about his health being a cause for the hiatus but "getting sick of making the series" has other connotations - so he's like Toriyama and DBZ and wants to be done with the series? :/
Overall note, I have to confess part me of was disappointed with the turn the series took once Guts got the Scooby Doo gang following him. Where's all the indiscriminate ultra-violence at? (I feel so wrong with making this "criticism"...)
But as both a Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls player, I do get all giddy when I notice the things those games took from Berserk (Dogma's head honchos explicitly acknowledge it. Heck! The game has Guts and Griffith's armors as equippables.)

Oh well, I knew that. I just think this might be the first Jazz one.
Does this mean we'll get a Stand called Smooth Criminal or Thriller soon?

Weather Report

Yeah, you also gotta get patient.
Because there's only ONE Chapter of Part 8 a month.
Yeah, I don't think I've still fully wrapped my head around the notion this story will probably take a few more good years to end. :(
But anyway, I'm up to date on JoJolion. Boobies. *snort*

I'm quite enjoying the slow pace mystery novel air of the story; certainly looking forward to see Gappy solve all these mysteries. It seems like most battles will be of wits rather than fisticuffs and to his credit, he makes some pretty clever uses of S&W's powers.
Gotta hand it to Araki, how he manages to give each part a distinct feel - we've had Hokuto no Ken x Dracula, training montage, violent tourism, slice of life, boy band mafia rpg, meth trip and da Vinci code horse race.

Couple of random observations:
1 - Gappy's taunt in ASB should have been him shaving.
2 - 90% of the time Joushuu appears, he makes the Racists on 4chan face.

Reactions: EA575 and Jutsei
Being worked on right now. Raws and translated scripts are already out

Does this mean we'll get a Stand called Smooth Criminal or Thriller soon?

I still don't understand how Sports Max's Stand wasn't named Thriller.

Reactions: Jutsei
Maybe Araki is more of a Prince fan than an MJ fan...

Vanilla Ice and Anasui are out on the Japanese PSN! Also chapter 25 of JoJolion if you're into that sort of thing.

Also chapter 25 of JoJolion if you're into that sort of thing.
where?

Annasui's GHA is incredible.
It's like Hierophant Green from a different view. Maybe you don't see HG because he does some sick shit like tea-bagging the opponent's spleen....I shouldn't really be thinking about this. -_-"
Anyway, saw a Anna match and, I don't wanna be a prick, but he kinda sorta doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Part 6 does need more rep but someone like F.F. might add more variety. But then again, I'd rather have a SBR rep.

Haven't seen anything on Vanilla Ice though....besides the fact that his non-fondness for dogs remains as vigorous as always.
31e.gif

But assuage your hearts and know that he is no match for...*drumroll*
ecc.png

ROHAH KISHIBE!! (this made me laugh more than it should)

Yo! Check out this pumpkin carve. IT HAS NO WEAKNESS!
8e0.png

Reactions: Coolyo294
I still do like Anasui's GHA and HHA.
Really cool and I can see myself using him a bit.

Still, let's get that second wave of DLC please?
Cmon, you can't leave Speedwagon out, you could make him work!
He could use his hat, his hammer...and his buddies from Ogre Street!
Have Barry the Slinger do some assists.
Yeah, yeah, he's gonna sling ya!

So with the Shadow Dio costume in the DLC, I guess its not too far out of the question for the (hopefully) inevitable Diego DLC to have a Diego Brando From Another World as another DIO alt.

Holy shit.
You can say that again. Diavolo actually looks cool. :3
Weird how the guy with slicked back hair in a suit is actually a mosh pit groupie. Maybe he has a third personality?
Diavolo's theme is one of my favorites in the OST. Coupled with that costume, I can see myself maining the bastard.

And found some ~ICE, ICE, BABY!~

The uploader's channel also has some vs AI matches with the latest two. Good for a HD peek.

Reactions: Jutsei
I am now past part 4 of jojos and have gotten through some of part 5. This series is far too good i can't believe i didn't discover it earlier.

Yeah, it's really good, isn't it?

Also guys, Anasui and Vanilla Ice's themes are up.
As opposed to Lisa Lisa and Old Joseph's themes, these two are pretty fuckin' Rockin'. It's great

Also..
Shadow Dio Gameplay
Silhouette Diavolo Gameplay

Reactions: Balder