• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

Virgin was honestly okay to fly on but they made us watch this video like 4 times.
If ever had to sit through that I'd probably wait until we're at 30,000 feet, then I'd jump off.

Hmm, maybe not. I don't want others to die. I'll just get so drunk I'll forget then.

Couldn't we just punch out the person whose hand is on the "playback" button?

Couldn't we just punch out the person whose hand is on the "playback" button?
It's illegal to punch stupid crew members in a plane.

I got Spirit. Biggest mistake of my life. NEVER AGAIN.

I got Spirit. Biggest mistake of my life. NEVER AGAIN.
I'm forced to use Spirit since my Dad is cheap as fuck. :(

Alaskan is pretty A tier imo

Alaska is legit. Use them 100% of the time.

I'd never even heard of Spirit until Broken Loose's twitter exploded when they fucked him over.

I flew Spirit to UFGT and it ended up being more expensive than a Delta ticket because I was charged $50 each way for a carry on

is there a top 16 or top 8 character distribution layout somewhere?

If it isn't too late for a quick "shoutout" post: Thanks everyone for being a kind and civil community. I was honestly expecting to get (figuratively, at least) ridden out on a rail for not being skilled, but it seems like I was the only person expecting that. No one was condescending or mean or otherwise difficult to be with, and everyone I met was friendly, kind, and helpful.

In writing this, I realize I might be overly cynical, but there are a lot of toxic communities out there, and fighting games in particular have a notoriety for it. SG community seems to be an exception to that.

As for flights, Westjet, while simple, gets the job done. Wouldn't have minded an Air Canada in-flight movie, though.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
is there a top 16 or top 8 character distribution layout somewhere?
Vulpes did the math in one of the news threads:
Some character count info:

Top4:
4x: Bella
1x: Double, Filia, Fortune, Painwheel, Parasoul, Peacock
0x: BigBand, Fukua, Squigly, Valentine

Teams: 2x Trio, 2x Duo, 0x Solo

Top8:
4x: Bella
3x: Double, Filia, Fukua
2x: Painwheel, Parasoul, Peacock
1x: BigBand, Fortune, Squigly
0x: Valentine

Teams: 6x Trio, 2x Duo, 0x Solo

Top16:
9x: Double
7x: Fukua
6x: Filia
5x: Bella
4x: Parasoul, Peacock
3x: Painwheel
2x: Fortune
1x: BigBand, Squigly, Valentine

Teams: 13x Trio, 3x Duo, 0x Solo

Top32:
15x: Filia
13x: Bella
12x: Double
09x: Fukua, Parasoul
08x: Peacock
05x: Fortune
04x: BigBand, Squigly
03x: Painwheel
02x: Valentine

Teams: 23x Trio, 8x Duo, 1x Solo
Valentine confirmed for bottom-tier. Buffs pls.

Reactions: Kongk4
If it isn't too late for a quick "shoutout" post: Thanks everyone for being a kind and civil community. I was honestly expecting to get (figuratively, at least) ridden out on a rail for not being skilled, but it seems like I was the only person expecting that. No one was condescending or mean or otherwise difficult to be with, and everyone I met was friendly, kind, and helpful.

In writing this, I realize I might be overly cynical, but there are a lot of toxic communities out there, and fighting games in particular have a notoriety for it. SG community seems to be an exception to that.

As for flights, Westjet, while simple, gets the job done. Wouldn't have minded an Air Canada in-flight movie, though.
Nah.. I was kind of scared of the crowd myself.. Was nice to have some people recognize me out of the blue, and even the one fella that recognized my team, before recognizing me XD now that made me feel a little warm inside ^_^ ("Hey, That's Kit's team! Wait! You're Kit!" Yay =D)

Is anyone missing these? Maybe you @Negus Eyoel or @Datagram ? They were left at our booth and don't belong to us.

Attachments

• audio cable and camera stand.JPG
    audio cable and camera stand.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 515
Fuck US Air. Took like an hour in line just to get my ticket and my bag checked. Meanwhile Zidiane just moonwalks in with his two carryons.
Can confirm double carry on tech. It's been the fastest check in in my life. Never mind a trio that spanned 4 time zones.

The cable might be mine, but I wouldn't worry about it; I've got a bajillion of them.
I didn't bring those wires to Evo with me so it's definitely not mine

Oh, okay. Well thanks for the quick response.

If anyone knows who they might belong to, feel free to let them/me know!

American is the cheapest to fly out of my country. Had minimal waiting times but my plane was stuck on the runway for like forty min on the connection from Dallas to Vegas. Not sure who's fault that was. They had nbc shows for in-flight entertainment and Muppets most wanted on my 4 hour return flight to Miami. Not a fan of those so that's what visual novels are for

I thought Virgin was fine. Just eat before you get on the plane cuz you're not eating unless you wana cough up all your cash moneys.

I thought Virgin was fine. Just eat before you get on the plane cuz you're not eating unless you wana cough up all your cash moneys.
Doesn't this apply to like 90% of airlines though

apparently it does. Last time I flew prior to this year was around like 5 years ago and food and drinks were free.(like they gave you the can) so I was stressed. Then again the food was never good, but bread is bread.

apparently it does. Last time I flew prior to this year was around like 5 years ago and food and drinks were free.(like they gave you the can) so I was stressed. Then again the food was never good, but bread is bread.
That was before the big gas price spike. Every airline stopped giving free meals unless they're international flights, and started charging for the first bag.

After the gas prices went down, the assholes said "Hey, people paid for their food and even the first bag. Let's keep doing this because we're assholes!"

Reactions: Kongk4
I got thrown a cup of water and ice and a 10 cent bag of peanuts and shitty chex mix at my face like the poor person I am. You take your shitty food for 3 hours and you'll like it!

Gotcha. I went to EVO with a carry on and a bookbag and they didn't charge me for it. Went back home with what was technically two carry ons? or some shit cuz I had to bring my ps4 but they didn't care cuz there was space on the plane. It wasn't the worst. Check ins were 25 dollars for those who do that

That was before the big gas price spike. Every airline stopped giving free meals unless they're international flights"

Haha you must mean flights to Europe or Asia cuz I've had over a dozen international flights in the past 5 years and they don't give you shit. Your lucky to get the whole can of juice.

Haha you must mean flights to Europe or Asia cuz I've had over a dozen international flights in the past 5 years and they don't give you shit. Your lucky to get the whole can of juice.
If the flight is 13 hours long, it's expected because otherwise it's basically kidnapping lol

@render I'm glad I got to hang out with ya and even do the commentary! That was amazing fun! I've never commentated before and it was a great experience, specially with a voice as godly as your's ^_^ I look forward to watching that log! Specially since I missed alot of the hypeness on that screen goofing around and gamebling XD

Since we're talking about flights now, Southwest is really great and I highly recommend them.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Since we're talking about flights now, Southwest is really great and I highly recommend them.
Yeah, I keep hearing only good things about Southwest. I know for next time, I guess.