• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

I'm gonna have to do a lot of begging to go to this one but I'd really like to learn things from the really good players in person (if there's even time for that) maybe I'd even come out a competent player so I hope to be able to give duckator my money in person go this year.

So hopefully I can see you all there... or not.

there's always next year right? ... right?

there's always next year right? ... right?
2D7wMiz.gif

Reactions: RurouniLoneWolf
Getting my check this weekend, so I'll register then. I can't wait to see you guys in person. Oh, and eat at in-and-out, to see what the hype is about.

Oh, and eat at in-and-out, to see what the hype is about.
Yeah, gotta remember to grab In-N-Out. It's my second choice since there apparently are no readily available Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.

Assuming my plans don't get dicked over, someone should hit up the Heart Attack Grill with me since I pretty much live off of In-N-Out already.

Yeah, gotta remember to grab In-N-Out. It's my second choice since there apparently are no readily available Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.
Basically we're just going to have to carpool out there at some point. Also I really feel like I need to drag as many people back to the Paris as I can to check out La Burger Brasserie, because oh my god those burgers.

You all want to go to Hash House. I am sure you meant Hash House.
M4wQeW3.png

Not going to in n out during last evo was my single biggest regret of the trip.

Second biggest was that disgustingly expensive burger and milkshake spot on the strip not too far from last years venue.

Last edited:
Getting my check this weekend, so I'll register then. I can't wait to see you guys in person. Oh, and eat at in-and-out, to see what the hype is about.

I kidnapped @KhaosMuffins and @worldjem to go to in-n-out. @Mike_Z can vouch for this. I'll kidnap you too.

Also just letting you guys know, I get a 30% discount at the Hard Rock Hotel Restaurants.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
OMG, I am reminded that I'll get to meet Mike as well! My stomach is churning at the thought of meeting you all.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I wonder if Peck would notice if I hid in his briefcase.

In-and-out is overrated. Their meat taste like balloons.

You all want to go to Hash House. I am sure you meant Hash House.
Let's check out their menu... holy hell... artichokes, asparagus, spinach, and broccoli on the BREAKFAST menu? Salmon with cream cheese and scallions, WTF?!

Weren't you a Minnesota boy?

'Cause now it's looking like you're about two steps away from a dogeared copy of Dianetics on the Cali-O-Meter.

Just booked my flights and sorted out my EVO registration. Woop woop.

I'm so happy that all of you will be lucky enough to get the chance to meet me this year.

You better look like your NPC. Clothes and everything.

can I just pay twice to do it for myself and one other? As long as my email is attached to both reg sheets, right?

can I just pay twice to do it for myself and one other? As long as my email is attached to both reg sheets, right?

Yeah, that's fine. That's why I put the second email address text field.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with this Hash House, In-n-Out stuff. (Although I won't turn down In-n-Out Burger, given the opportunity.) There's a goddamned Cornish Pasty Company in Vegas now -- those guys started out here in Arizona, and I can confirm their food is fucking awesome.

Last edited:
OMG, I am reminded that I'll get to meet Mike as well! My stomach is churning at the thought of meeting you all.
It's scary i have known you longer than BrandX. Will be great to meet you in person^^

Reactions: Uzumakihero
I missed it last year. There's no way I'll make that mistake again.
Same here. It was quite sad when I realized my error

If we are going to Hash House again, I'm definitely getting a breakfast meal this time.

The dinner meal sucked, my burger was so dry >_<

Reactions: mcpeanuts
If we are going to Hash House again, I'm definitely getting a breakfast meal this time.

If you're getting breakfast food, wanna know what kind of food I think you should get?

French toast

Reactions: Negus Eyoel
I highly recommend Gordon Ramsay's BurGR at Planet Hollywood. The food there is excellent. Hash House is awesome, though, and people who haven't been should definitely try to go.

ANYWAY HOW ABOUT THAT TOURNAMENT, HUH? 36 entrants as of me posting this. Not bad for the first ~48 hours of registration opening. I'm convinced we can beat the number of entrants from last year. Make me proud.

As quite possibly the only person here to have had two meals ruined by that place (since I stayed at the Quad last year and went there for breakfast on Friday morning), I can confirm that your experience will be no better.

Reactions: No longer exist
I been procrastinating. Why did I do that. Plane tickets are more expensive now, they were real cheap for a minute. Anyway, I'm still going. Probably. Barring another stroke of extreme misfortune. I get my money for everything in a few weeks, so I'll register everything then.

So, my Dinner for post-finals is probably Hash House with everyone again, but any other places I should eat at? I want to make a food schedule.

I been procrastinating. Why did I do that. Plane tickets are more expensive now, they were real cheap for a minute. Anyway, I'm still going. Probably. Barring another stroke of extreme misfortune. I get my money for everything in a few weeks, so I'll register everything then.

So, my Dinner for post-finals is probably Hash House with everyone again, but any other places I should eat at? I want to make a food schedule.
I didn't actually realize you were going. Maybe we can do GU vs Xanadu after all.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex