• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

Anyone else from the east coast heading out for this? East coast gets almost no love when it comes to Skullgirls

Anyone else from the east coast heading out for this? East coast gets almost no love when it comes to Skullgirls
Nope, there's literally nobody else from east of Arizona going to this event. You're the only one.

There should be a decent number. Are you looking for someone to catch a ride with, or just curious?

Damn school fees. I was so close then i had to take some money out of my evo fund to pay for school. dono if im gonna make it.

I didnt even know EVO existed until the IGG. Of course as I have never bothered to learn any fighter to play at a competitive level and being poor living paycheck to paycheck I unfortunately cant go.

Reactions: MotoEleven
I didnt even know EVO existed until the IGG. Of course as I have never bothered to learn any fighter to play at a competitive level and being poor living paycheck to paycheck I unfortunately cant go.
You can have plenty of fun at EVO without playing at a competitive level. If you can't afford to go though that's another story.

+1. If there's anyone reading this thread who thinks they're not a good enough player for EVO, think again. Definitely consider going if you have the means, even if you don't feel like entering the main tournament.

Just to expand on what I said previously, over half of the people who entered the tournament last year didn't play close to a competitive level either, but they turned up and had fun anyway. There will be plenty of people around that you can play with at your level.

Yeah, the competition is a huge part of a tournament, but the main draw of any tournament, EVO or otherwise, is to go hang out with people who are interested in the same thing as you are.

Even for people who are not very interested in the Skullgirls gameplay or fighting games in general, the Lab Zero team will probably be there as well so it's a chance to go meet them.

The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 56

I have 44 entrants. 4 of which haven't paid the entrance fee. Where are the other ~10 of you? haha

EDIT: One of them is me. :P

Reactions: Vadsamoht
ill register and then not show up like a scrub.

Reactions: Kongk4
ill register and then show up like a scrub.

Yoooooooooooooooooo, I'm in there! Ya boi, Uzumakihero, will be taking names! Ullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Oh Purple Banner... I thought Cellsai said purple beaner lol but we will see if itll be taken this year... cant want to see the matches if it gets streamed *crosses fingers*

Is there a more exact start time yet? I want to sign up but I'm not sure if I'll get there on time on Friday.

Is there a more exact start time yet? I want to sign up but I'm not sure if I'll get there on time on Friday.

We don't have an exact start time yet, but it'll be pools, so you can request to be in a later pool. It is UP TO YOU to remind me, though. Like, not right this second but sometime closer to EVO. We'll make it work for you so you can make it.

If people pay the $15 to register on-site, does that mean the pot gets larger if people register later?