• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

can he refund the lost hours I could have used to do something other than watching tekken?

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Why was Winner's Finals 2/3 >.<
Decision made by Madcatz, guarantee it.

Oh hey, shirts and hats.

That's...something...

A salty runback by Dekillsage to claim the Skullgirls Evo Sidetournament Throne

Grats Sage!

Proving it was no fluke by doing it twice!

Reactions: Icky
Congratulations to Sage! Despite a short watch time, I very much enjoyed the streamed matches!

Reactions: Icky and -ÆON-
well that was extreme bullshit madcatz pulled last minute

lying mofo's i hope next year is different with dedicated stream

That was the sickest offense I have ever seen anyone play in the history of SG. Good shit.

defeel.png

It got misty for me, too, bro. YOU EARNED IT.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty mad about what happened with the streams. That said, I don't doubt that MarkMan would have done something about it if he knew or was able, so let's just try to make the best of it from here and learn some lessons for next time.

Final Standings:
01. Dekillsage

02. Swiftfox-Dash
03. Elda Taluda
04. Sonicfox

05. guitalex
05. NCV
07. Winnie
07. worldjem

09. Domo
09. Duckator
09. Inuchiyo
09. Negus Eyoel
13. Keninblack
13. Lethalmind
13. MrPeck
13. Skarmand

17. BizCasual
17. McPeanuts
17. MikeZ
17. MMDS
17. Spacedanny
17. RemiKz
17. BroseidonRex
17. KhaosMuffins / Hojimbo

25. KhaosMuffins / Hojimbo
25. Chilldog
25. Grinta
25. 240p|Medic
25. Shadowstew
25. SkippyMcYay
25. ThatOneOtherDude
25. WingZero

♠♠♠

I don't know how the match between Khaos-Hojimbo went. Please tell!

Last edited:
Yeah, our time was cut short, but it was still good. Some of those matches were really clutch. And atleast 1st and 2nd place got free PS4's. That was nice.

So having missed most of the tournament, does anyone know where I can rewatch any of it, if not all of what happened? Or was the whole madcatz fiasco also affected the possibility of not seeing some matches now?

Also, before people start doing shoutouts for stuff that happened at the venue, I'd like to thank @IsaVulpes and @Fizzxwizz, without whom we wouldn't even have had the bracket updates for those of us who couldn't make it there.

Also extra special thanks to the whole Lab Zero team but especially @render for all of the behind the scenes work in making the tournament a thing to begin with.

So having missed most of the tournament, does anyone know where I can rewatch any of it, if not all of what happened? Or was the whole madcatz fiasco also affected the possibility of not seeing some matches now?
Most of the matches have been recorded, and will probably suface on YouTube within a week or so. The Top4 was streamed on twitch.tv/madcatz, so you should be able to see that on the archives there.

Any help on the teams stays welcome

01. Dekillsage (Parasoul/Bella/Double, Double/Bella)
02. Swiftfox-Dash (Peacock/Bella)
03. Elda Taluda (Painwheel/Fortune/Bella)
04. Sonicfox (Filia/Bella)
05. guitalex (Fukua/Squigly/BigBand)
* 05. NCV (Painwheel/Parasoul/Double)
* 07. Winnie (Filia/Fukua/Double)
07. worldjem (Peacock/Fukua/Filia)
09. Domo (Fukua/Double, Double/Fukua/Filia)
09. Duckator (Valentine/Filia/Double)
09. Inuchiyo (Fukua/Fortune/Double)
* 09. Negus Eyoel (Painwheel/Fukua/Double)
13. Keninblack (Parasoul/Fukua/Double)
13. Lethalmind (Parasoul/Peacock/Filia)
13. MrPeck (Bella/Peacock/Filia, Bella)
* 13. Skarmand (Peacock/Parasoul/Double, Parasoul/Bella/Double)
* 17. Biz Casual (Parasoul/Filia/Double)
17. McPeanuts (Peacock/Squigly/BigBand)
17. MikeZ (Bella/BigBand)
17. MMDS (Fukua/Parasoul)
* 17. Spacedanny (Parasoul/Squigly/Filia, Squigly/Filia)
17. RemiKz (Peacock/Filia/Bella)
17. Broseidon Rex (Bella)
* 17. KhaosMuffins (Fortune/Filia, Fortune)
25. Shadowstew (Squigly/Bella/BigBand)
25. SkippyMcYay (Peacock/Fortune/Double)
* 25. Hojimbo (Fortune/Fukua/Bella)
25. Chilldog (Bella/Peacock/Filia)
* 25. Grinta (Filia/Bella)
* 25. 240p|Medic (Parasoul/Filia/Double)
25. ThatOneOtherDude (Valentine/Filia/Bella)
25. WingZero (Parasoul/Filia)

Don't know exactly what the rest of these people run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camail
What happened to running Para first against Peacock
Where did all your confidence go ;_; I belieeeeveeeeeed
I know right. I'm going to money match him in a FT10 with para first.
I did play one round with Para first and killed Peacock though fast.
I'll let you know how my FT10 goes.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Any help on the teams stays welcome

05. NCV
09. Domo
17. MMDS
17. KhaosMuffins
25. WingZero

NCV (Parasoul/PW/Double)
Domo (Fukua/Double)
MMDS (Fukua/Parasoul)
KhaosMuffins (Fortune/Filia/Fukua)
WingZero (Parasoul/Filia)

These may not be the teams that they used at EVO, as I was not there for the tournament, but these are the teams that they normally use prior to EVO.

The guy in charge of the Madcatz Stream just gave a public apology to those of us watching on stream, and had he been there the Tekken dudes would have ben kicked off the steam for Skulgirls. Contractual obligations had him away from the booth

He said he will be tryin to make it up to the Skullgirls players.

Suuuurrre he will. I can believe all that. And I can also believe that water is dry and the sky isn't blue and I'm the motherfucking Pope of Rome.

Reactions: Dime
It's a pity some of the upsets weren't streamed.

Good stuff to Worldjem and NCV for going further then I thought they might. Nice work to Sonicfox and Guitalex for the regicide. Congrats to Dekillsage for the really solid looking grand finals and repping bella/double.

Suuuurrre he will. I can believe all that. And I can also believe that water is dry and the sky isn't blue and I'm the motherfucking Pope of Rome.

Hey now, Markman is a pretty cool dude. He doesn't represent the entirety of Madcatz, or the people who enabled the Tekken stream to go on way longer than it should have. I'm gonna stand by him and say that he did everything in his power (which unfortunately, wasn't too much).

The Pope lives in Vatican City, not Rome.

Reactions: Spencer
Stop the witch hunt on Madcatz/Markman now. Some things are out of his control, unfortunately it was SG that was screwed. It was great having SG on any stream at all.

P.S. BEAST COAST

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Yeah, I think we've probably gotta chillout. It is what it is.

It does suck though. It is like the SG curse coming back. A few new characters to show off? A completely redesigned combo system that removes a ton of the complaints people had with vanilla? A chance to get new fans at the single biggest FG tournament in the world? Here... have 15 minutes.

It all felt so... anti-climactic. I had my favorites. I had my bracket. I was ready. It is like hyping up for the Superbowl and only getting to catch the score at the very end.

Ease up on Markman, jesus. Be happy we got stream time at all.

Good stuff all around everyone!

<3

I had such a blast everyone! I can hardly believe I got so far. Hats off to sage, he earned that win. There is no one I would have rather lost to!
At least you got sweet loot.

I had such a blast everyone! I can hardly believe I got so far. Hats off to sage, he earned that win. There is no one I would have rather lost to!
Same here!

Reactions: Inferno