• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Keninblack's Parasoul Guide

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Peacock Robo Fortune Double
Table of Contents:
0. Apologies and Intro
1. Parasoul Overview
2. Normals/Specials/Supers
3. Team Synergy
4. Combos
5. Neutral/Offense/Defense
6. Match-Ups

Chapter 0: Apologies and Intro

Hi! With Skullgirls finally being finished with no real sign of serious gameplay changes, I feel like its a comfortable time to FINALLY work and FINISH the guide i've always dreamed of doing. I'm sorry for starting and canceling and so on and so on. I just feel like when the game was changing so much I felt like updating the guide over and over would be obnoxious. For example my Parasoul SDE guide is about 95% outdated completely. SO HERE WE GO, the game is basically finished, so I am going to basically finish this guide. I'm sorry for the delay, and i'm sorry it took so long, but thank you so much for being patient. I promise it'll be worth it <3

Chapter 1: Parasoul Overview

Parasoul is one of the most versatile characters in the game, she has an array of options going for her. This guide is for anyone trying to learn what those options are, or explore the options even more. I hope this guide will help new players understand the character, and I hope this guide can help more seasoned players as well! Lets begin :)

Pros:
+Some of the strongest/most useful normals in the game across the board.
+Amazing set of specials.
+Incredibly strong mixup game, arguably the best pressure in the game.
+All 3 of her supers are very strong and have great utility.
+Has one of the strongest ground games out of the cast.
+Offers a great pool of assists for other characters on your team to utilize.

Cons:
-Weak mobility, no double jump, no airdash.
-Weak defense, while this is a con for plenty of characters I feel as Parasoul can have a very difficult time getting out of pressure.
-Damage output is not that impressive compared to other members of the cast.

I feel as if her positive strengths are pretty self-explanatory. So I feel like taking the time to go over her weaknesses in greater detail and what exactly that entails for you as a player.

Weak Mobility:
You do not have a double jump, you do not have an airdash. How do you overcome this? For starters, your back dash and forward dash are very strong, and that one jump you have is very strong. Its a very short jump compared to other characters which is a good and bad thing on its own. Lastly, you have to let your normals and spacing do the talking in neutral. You have the tools to stop the double jumpers and airdashers, its just that you have to work hard to get the hit and you have to learn what it takes to be clean with your movement. You have to pick your spots with tears, you have to think before you press A LOT. You have to capitalize on reading your opponents movements and punishing them for it. I'll go over your mobility and what to do in even greater detail in the Offense/Defense chapter. So keep that in mind.

Weak Defense:
Okay right off the bat, Napalm Pillar as a reversal is vastly overrated. Yes, believe me I get it having a "Flash Kick" is great, but it has some glaring weaknesses...

-To input said special, you have to be crouching, so if you mess up or if your opponent knows you're itching to do it they can just hit you with a high... Filia, Cerebella, Eliza, Valentine, Fortune, Parasoul, Painwheel, and Beowulf have absolutely no trouble abusing this and hitting you in the dome over and over.
- The hitbox is also deceiving, if they jump/go over the pillar. Thats it, you're toast.

But sure, if they keep getting hit by it, by all means go for it, but understand that even with PBGCing, Parasoul has lacking defensive options. You have to really be smart with pillar, and with your blocks. So keep that in mind.

Lastly, she is VERY easy to open while in the air. Her weight lets her not be in the air for too long, but long enough to where they have the upper-hand doing aerial based resets. As if that wasn't enough, she has no air super of any kind, and even the buttons you have to try to deny aerial resets are all slow in comparison to other characters. So basically, if your opponent is resetting you in the air properly you're basically a sitting duck and you have to guess/land cancel your way out of situations.

Damage Output:
While she isn't doing Painwheel, Cerebella, and Eliza damage. She makes up for it by having so many other amazing tools, this one is a really wise balance decision because Parasoul doing a lot of damage would be pretty absurd. You have amazing mixups and pressure where the risk/reward is practically ALWAYS in your favor, so you make up for it. Just have to be creative and smart with how you land the hits.

Chapter 2: Normals/Specials/Supers
Disclaimer: This guide is made assuming that the reader understands basic fighting game notation. If you have any questions you can PM me, but looking up a guide on the terms would also be useful.
ALSO... This guide won't have frame data, its in the game. You can check EVERYTHING for yourself, so no need to have it here.

QUICK REFERENCE...

Moves That Detonate Tears:
S.MP
S.HP
C.MP
C.HP
J.LP
J.MP
J.HP
J.MK
J.HK
F.MP
In Air B.LK
Napalm Shots
Napalm Trigger (Doesn't require touch)
Napalm Quake
Napalm Pillar
LV 3 Super

Normals:

Standing Normals
----------

S.LP- Really really strong tool, off the bat this move is in the running to be one of the best light punches in the game. Easy to confirm since you can press it twice for 2 hits, great range and is really fast considering the range it covers. Really good button for checking your opponents approaches, confirm with a tear or assist and bada bing... ITS LIT.
S.MP- Extremely useful tool in combos since it will detonate tears, but outside of that... its a move that simply is outclassed by other moves. Better moves to use in neutral situations. Great way to confirm combos/explode a tear however.
S.HP- Strong move that can be pressed twice for 2 hits, I feel like this move is really under utilized as a neutral tool and I definitely need to implement more in my game because whenever I do its useful. It covers a lot of space and it can be used as a GREAT anti air against instant air dashes (IAD's), it can stop Filia and Fortune from getting free pressure. Worth checking out, and really good in combos of course.

S.LK- Very similar to S.LP in a lot of ways. Fast move that you can press twice in a row for 2 hits. Less range compared to S.LP but can still be used as a great tool to check opponents. Very useful in combos too of course.
S.MK- A good move to confirm long range tears and can be pressed twice for two hits. Useful for combos but doesn't have much utility outside of that I feel.
S.HK- This is a move I've always felt like had potential but it never really showed up. Some people use it the combos they have, honestly not that impressive on its own though. You have better tools for neutral.

Crouching Normals
----------

C.LP- Great for combos, and really good for tick throws and frame traps since its one of the few normals you have where you're plus on hit. Not much range to work with though for neutral. This move can help set things up for you though, thats for sure.
C.MP- This move is amazing, i'm really mad I haven't been using this move since the dawn of time. 2 clean hits, detonates tears, amazing range, easy to confirm, goodness, gracious. Great move to just keep on pressure at a safe range with smart tear shots and assist calls. Really useful move.
C.HP- Your launcher that detonates tears... thats about it. Great in combos of course, not something i'd call a anti air. Really only utilized for combos and getting your opponent in the air.

C.LK- Love this move, basically C.LP but with range and its one frame less safe on hit. Great for mixups, great for neutral, definitely a move that just helps you get a lot started. This, and S.LP should be your go to moves to get the hits you need in neutral, along with things like C.MP.
C.MK- Strong move, it has good range and since it hits low it can be a good move to check people not watching their feet. A good move used along with an assist and can help you set things up while being similar to C.MP in range.
C.HK- Sweep, never been a fan of it to be honest. I suppose you can get a tech chase game working with it, but with the mixup options you have with safe jumps and tear tosses those type of reads aren't really needed. Its a fun move to mess with though.

Jumping Normals
----------

J.LP- Very strong move, definitely your go to option in air to air situations. It lets you chain after in the air with any move. Giving you J.LP J.HP as an easy OTG conversion. Great range and great speed, you have to use it sparingly though. Using it carelessly can definitely become a weakness. Great for reading jumps and checking your opponent.
J.MP- Mostly a move just used for combos with little place in actual neutral, it can be used as a great way to detonate tears in pressure setups that J.LP won't reach.
J.HP- Great move, so much range and able to control the screen with it. It can be used to give yourself space in neutral, or to detonate tears in pressure. It can really come through you and help you out a lot as long as you aren't careless with it. Great move along with J.LP.

J.LK- Very under looked move, its fast and covers a space her other jump normals can't cover as quickly. Can be used exactly like J.LP where you can chain it into J.HP for an easy conversion. Basically, if they're above you, don't use J.LP, use this instead!
J.MK- Good move to setup fuzzy guards and pressure, can be used for incredibly tricky tear stuff. Landing on a tear detonation while in this move will pop you upwards for longer air time. So a lot of people like using for certain setups utilizing that. Useful combo tool as well that sets up the restands for you.
J.HK- THIS is my jam, 5 hits, in the current version of the game one will be a high and the rest they block will become a mid. Regardless, INCREDIBLY strong tool for pressure in the corner. Detonates tears for you and keeps them locked in, using this move to its full potential gives them little hope to escape. Very important move to make your Parasoul offense scary.

Command Normals
----------

Pistol Whip (F.LP)- Another really needed pressure tool, an overhead with decent speed that lets you chain into stronger buttons. Another move that you need to learn how to use and when to really control your opponent in offense and get the hits you need. Great tool.

Coulé (F.MP)- This move separates good Parasouls from sick nasty ones. Very deceiving move where Parasoul stays standing, but it hits as a low. Mixing this up between your overheads will really keep your opponent guessing and if utilized right can make your mixup game incredibly scary.

Lunge (F.HP)- Another one of those moves i've tried to fine uses for in neutral but it just doesn't come together like it should. Covers a incredible amount of range though, and is used in a lot of optimized charge partition combos.

Forbearance (B.HK)- This is another overhead move that will smash your opponent into the ground and pop them up for a very easy follow up. Since you're holding back it gives you a free egret call (roman cancel) to easily convert without wasting your one OTG. Another very important move for your mixup game which we'll go over plenty when we talk about offense.

Spiral Flare (In Air B.LK)- Very KOF-esque move where she will jump forward and doing this move will cause the hitbox to go behind her. This move becomes less and less used over time but its still really strong, its a simple cross up where you just jump over your opponent and this move will go back into them. Multiple hits makes it easy to confirm as well, useful and very tricky move when the time allows.

Authority (In Air D.MK)- Similar to Chun Li's foot stomp in how it is use. Jump on top of your opponent and you'll bounce on the top of them. Press it again... to do it again! This move is one of those situational things where it can lead to nasty pressure and setups if you used right, but it certainly isn't common.

Specials:

Napalm Toss (AIR OK) :QCB:+:K: (HOLD) (Up to 3 times for ground version)
----------

Napalm Shot :B:(HOLD):F:+:P:
----------
Parasoul shoots out a tear, and unlike tear toss, these have a hitbox to them if they touch something, the opponent or otherwise, and ALSO have a detonation hit as well. A incredibly useful and strong projectile, all 3 strengths of the shot have different uses and are all worth using in many situations.

LP Shot- This shot travels horizontally at a fairly slow speed. Extremely useful in close range pressure, and due to how this shot works it lets you link normals and moves AFTER the shot hits. Making it obviously incredibly useful in practically every single Parasoul combo you're probably going to do.

MP Shot- This shot shoots downward onto the ground and bounces upwards diagonally into the air. You can use it as a finisher to combos (such as MP shot into Silent Scope) to get an OTG conversion after. Its also incredibly useful in your spacing game, if you read an opponents jump this can hit them and catch your opponents jump, even if they block it will cut off their momentum. Knowing when to shoot out LP/HP shots and when to read your opponents jump and firing out MP shot is a key component in Parasouls neutral.

HP Shot- Basically the same as LP shot except it moves horizontally at a much faster speed, at the cost of you having more recovery frames. Meaning you can't link any buttons after it up close, that said... HP shot is still very useful as your go to shot to use from full range. Covers the ground game very well and very quickly. Shooting them out repeatedly and setting up your approach around that at times is very important to Parasouls gameplan.

Overall, with LP shot being important in your offense, MP being important in your defense and spacing, and lastly HP being important with your ground control, this special has nothing but good things going for it. Learning how to master Napalm Shot to its full potential is very important for Parasoul.

Napalm Trigger :D:(HOLD):U:+:LK:
---------
Parasoul stabs into the ground and creates a very tiny explosion. This explosion has absolutely no hitbox whatsoever, but what makes the move useful is that it will detonate every single tear you placed onto the screen automatically. Regardless if you are near the tear, or if you have to wait for it to detonate manually, it doesn't matter. Using this move will detonate them all instantly. Incredibly useful move for confirming tear hits, or to just detonate a tear you need to ignite right then and there.

Napalm Quake :D:(HOLD):U:+:MK:
----------
Parasoul stabs into the ground and creates a bigger explosion in comparison to the weaker strength. This move has a hitbox of course that hits low, and in terms of utility, its useful for interesting combo extensions involving assists, and being one of your go-to moves to use as a finisher in your combo. This move cancels into Silent Scope (as well as your other supers), and since they're on the ground when going into Silent Scope you're able to get the best possible crumple giving you the best setups. So overall just a good move for combos.

Napalm Pillar :D:(HOLD):U:+:HK:
----------
Parasoul now stabs into the ground and a giant pillar explodes upward. Often compared to Guile's "Flash Kick" from Street Fighter, this is your meterless reversal with frames of invulnerability. Very useful in combos as well for max damage. It also can combo into all of your supers with ease. A very infamous "get off me" move in this game, it hits fairly high above Parasoul and fairly far away from Parasoul in comparison to other reversals in this game. However, its hitbox is very weak closer to you. So it's very easy to simple jump over this attack or just maneuver from it. So keep that in mind, its a useful tool, but an opponent who is aware can really abuse how it works and will make you put yourself in awful situations. So be weary, definitely a high risk/high reward move.

Egret Call :B:(HOLD):F:+:LK:
----------
Parasoul calls out to an Egret Soldier and he will appear to say some mumbojumbo. This move will cancel whatever frames you were in, during the move you were using while calling the egret, referred to often as a "roman cancel" from Guilty Gear. It just simply stops any frames you had left from a move. Very useful for combos and compliments B.HK very well.

Good examples and exercises to try with this move to get an idea on how it works...

B.HK into Egret Call. Since you're holding back you have the charge, notice how quickly you are out of B.HK's long animation. You can instantly follow up with a move without wasting your knockdown!

Back throw into Egret Call. You're mid screen and you do a back throw and you try to dash over and convert but you're too slow and you can't do it... well not to worry! Do the back throw and during the animation of it keep the charge, as soon as you throw your opponent call out the egret. You will cut out the rest of the frames where you would be stuck in the back throw, and now you can dash over and convert very easily!

Egret Dive :B:(HOLD):F:+:MK:
----------
You call out one of your Egret Soldiers and he dives right in front of you, shielding you from projectiles. He will absorb any projectile hit until he falls back onto the ground, and he will instantly stop as soon as he is hit by a non projectile attack caused by your opponents point character, the Egret wont go away if hit by an assist.

This move is just okay, without a doubt her least useful special move. It can be useful in a matchup or two and it can help you get yourself out of certain situations, overall though it isn't as useful as you'd think in practice.

Egret Charge :B:(HOLD):F:+:HK:
----------
Parasoul points her finger out and a Egret Soldiers appears on a motorcycle and travels across the screen fairly fast. He sticks his hand out and if the opponent gets hit by it, he will grab them and hold them against the ground until he hits a corner and will bounce them against the wall. Hitting this counts as a grab, but it hits as a mid and can be blocked. Hitting Parasoul in any fashion during the first 20 frames move will cause him to slow down and travel through the screen at a slower speed, and he will have no hitbox whatsoever.

This move is pretty good and works in a lot of ways. In neutral... its only okay, reason being is that all you have to do as the opponent is hit it and it becomes useless. However, using it in a midscreen combo or off of a backthrow gives you a guaranteed corner carry. Which is EXTREMELY important for Parasouls game plan. Using this move and canceling it into Silent Scope is also a very useful way to make the opponent come closer to you if you get the hit from full screen. This move is definitely useful i plenty of ways.

Supers:

Silent Scope (Lv.1) :QCF:+:PP:
----------
Parasoul "makes the call" for one of her Soldiers to take the shot and bam, the shot is made no matter what and it will instantly come out. Without a doubt one of the most useful supers in the game. Its completely safe (pretty sure) on block from full/midscreen, so as long as you aren't point blank next to them you don't have any real risk in throwing this out. If you hit them on the ground, it will put them in a crumple state which can lead to really strong offense, and if you hit them in the air it will force them to the ground automatically. This move is also useful to DHC into, because it will hit anywhere on the screen, it is impossible to miss. If your opponent is knocked down or unable to be hit by the super, it will lock onto the opponent for 60frames before firing. So it WILL shoot as long as they're up on the ground in those 60 frames. Really really useful super. Your go to one meter finisher, your go to move to dhc from and into. Get to know this super.

(Note: I will be referring to this move as "sniper" or "sniper shot" very often.)

Motor Brigade (Lv.1) :QCF:+:KK:
----------
Parasoul points her finger out and a squad of Egrets riding motorcycles appear and travel fairly fast across the screen. 6 of them appear which means 6 hits, and unlike egret charge, they all just hit the opponent and have no grab hit or anything like that.

This move is useful, it can be used in combos at times to optimize damage a little more over the setup that snipers provides. So long as you find an efficient way to land all 6 hits of the super. After you Pillar as a reversal, people tend to go into this super if it hits or on block. This isn't as strong as it used to be in my opinion, if they block pillar they can EASILY punish you while you're in this super from point blank, so not only did you get punished because they baited your reversal, but you also just wasted one meter. Secondly, even if you hit them and it goes into bikes you don't get much off of it and dhcing from the super can be tricky for other characters. Confirming the hit from Pillar and going into Sniper is incredibly more useful for many characters.

However, this move has plenty of uses outside of combos. It can play a big part in controlling space, integrating this with tear shots and tosses, forcing your opponent to block to give you control of the neutral and causing chip damage. Similar setups can be used in the corner, this super definitely needs to be experimented with and utilized more in defensive and offensive situations outside of just using it after Pillar. I'll go into it in greater detail once we reach that part of the guide.

(Note: I will refer to this move as "Bikes" very often.)

Inferno Brigade (Lv.3) :QCB:+:PP:
----------
Parasoul and 4 other Egrets squad up and just sling them bullets. Its a multi hitting projectile that does around 60 hits or so. The damage itself isn't that strong compared to other level 3's but this super has a lot of great things going for it. It is incredibly easy to combo into, and its incredibly easy for most other characters to DHC into it. The most important thing however is the ability to Egret Call after it. Thats right, when you do this super, charge back and do Egret Call, you are now free from the animation and can move around freely while the move is still out. Making this super completely safe on block as long as you do this, it also gives you the ability to follow up after this LV 3 from anywhere on the screen. Keep in mind though, this super actually invulnerability frames by itself. However, going into Egret Call from the super will cancel the invincibility, so keep that in mind. Like I said, not the most damaging LV3 in the game by any means, but it can definitely be a great way to spend the meter.

Taunt:

Bâillement :LP:,:HP:,:B:,:LK::HK:
----------
Parasoul yawns, similar to Chun Li's taunt in Third Strike. It makes the Egret Say "Excuse Me Princess" next time you use Egret Call. So yes its useless, some people have actually incorporated burst baits with it since her hitbox kind of moves her back. Thats STRICTLY for flexing though and isn't really reliable. Never do this unless you're messing around basically.

Chapter 3: Team Synergy

So, now you understand Parasouls moves a little better. Now we have to go into the next thing you have to figure out for any team game. Finding a team!! I will first go over the possible ways to play Parasoul in any fashion (Solo/Point/Mid/Anchor) and we will then approach every character and the synergy they have with Parasoul. Lets begin!

Solo Parasoul:
Playing solo with any character in this day and age is a struggle, and overall I feel Parasoul is about... upper mid or so in terms of solo viability. I feel like her DHC synergy she has with a handful of characters in this game is just too good to pass up, and the assists this game provides can make her even scarier offensively and defensively. On top of that, the assists that she can provide for other characters is also incredibly useful. She certainly isn't one of the weakest solo's, she just isn't one of the strongest. She gets way more damage compared to her being in a duo or trio, but without the utility of assists and DHC synergy I feel that the character is just wasted potential as a whole.

Point Parasoul With Assists (Duo/Trio):
Definitely the strongest way to play Parasoul without a doubt, this can be said for practically every character... BUT you get 1-2 assists to help your character process pressure and neutral, but I feel that this really helps Parasoul compared to characters that have no issue playing mid or anchor. This is definitely the position most dominant Parasouls will put her in, because the tools she gets with additional assists is great, and her supers make dhcing into other characters very simple and intuitive. So overall, the most optimal way to play this character.

Mid Parasoul (Trio):
In my personal opinion this is by far her weakest/most awkward slot to be placed in with a team. Chances are the DHC synergy between the first character and Parasoul are not super strong in terms of said character switching TO Parasoul. I feel that she is a very strong character to start and finish with, but to be the bridge between two characters I feel is not her strong suit in a team whatsoever.

Anchor Parasoul (Duo/Trio):
2nd strongest choice, for sure. Chances are, the assist you equipped her with helps the other characters you have on your team. She also makes great use of whatever meter she could have at her disposal in the end game, during the final plays of a game, she can be REALLY good with meter to punish mistakes your opponent is making. Which can make them fall apart indefinitely. Now, obviously without assists she might not be at her peak, but with all the meter she has at her disposal (hopefully) and if you approach whatever matchup comes your way safely, you can definitely be able to clutch it out and make it happen.

Parasoul Assists:
So if you want to construct a team, these are your go to assists i'd run to ensure Parasoul pulls her weight when she isn't in play...

Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Napalm Pillar is a great defensive assist and can help you cover space very well and is a good "DP" assist with invul. Definitely the main pick for most Parasoul teams.

LP Napalm Shot is also really good, it can help with spacing and it can help you setup amazing offensive situations.

MP Napalm Shot, and Egret Charge also have some use to them and can be fun mess around assists, but I wouldn't recommend it for optimizing a team.

----------

Character by Character (Alphabetical Order):

NOTE- These character write ups will be based off of Parasoul and that characters synergy in a DUO setting only. Running a trio requires synergy between ALL 3 characters and this is simply discussing Parasoul, it will be up to you as a player to see how a trio with Parasoul will work. However, with all this information you will hopefully be able to make a more educated decision on how to construct a strong duo or trio with Parasoul.

So just keep that in mind (Parasoul/Character) (Character/Parasoul)

(Warning: A lot of this is simply just my opinion and not the end all be all of Parasoul synergy, this game is very gifted in the sense that if you REALLY want to make it work, you can. This is simply just my humble opinion on how to help you optimize your team in the best, and cleanest way possible. So keep that in mind!)

Beowulf:

Recommended Order: Beowulf/Parasoul

Beowulf Assists:
Hurting Hurl :QCF:+:HP:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Pillar

Parasoul/Beowulf:
I really do not think that the synergy is really all that here. Hurting hurl can kind of help you out but overall Beowulf doesn't really provide assists or DHC synergy that really makes Parasoul all that more intimidating.

Beowulf/Parasoul:
While Parasoul in front of Beowulf might not be that strong, Beowulf with a great assist like Napalm Shot is incredibly scary. It can setup amazing offense for Beowulf and gives you great pressure strings because of how tear works, very scary in this order.

How to make it work:
While this kind of synergy (one being good one being weak) is not the signs of a great team, this may not be one of Parasouls greatest partners. That said, you can make this very possible if you run point point Beowulf and have a mid character that can do the following... good dhc options from Beowulf, has an assist that compliments Beowulf (and Parasoul to a lesser extent), and works well with LP Napalm Shot assist. Which character do you think I mean? You decide!! Thats just my advice, I feel having a strong mid between Beowulf/Parasoul can make this setup more then possible!

Big Band:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Big Band

Big Band Assists:
Beat Extend :DP:+:LP:
Brass Knuckles :B:(HOLD):F:+:HP:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Pillar

Parasoul/Big Band:
This is another composition that I just don't think is all that strong, Beat Extend in my opinion does not help Parasoul like you think it would and neither does Brass Knuckles. The DHC options as a whole are weak, you have better anchors to work with.

Big Band/Parasoul:
I don't feel like point Big Band is really that optimal, but from what i've messed with you do get a lot of things going for you with Napalm Shot assist. That said, once again the DHC synergy between these two just isn't all that strong.

How to make it work:
Big Band in my opinion is easily one of the weakest partners for Parasoul. While it is possible to make it work with a strong mid between the two in a trio, I really feel like the synergy is incredibly lacking and you have far better options. If you must work with this though.. Parasoul point, someone that works well with Beat Extend and has a good assist/DHC options for Parasoul, and Big Band.

Cerebella:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Cerebella

Cerebella Assists:
Lock N' Load :QCF:+:HP:
Cerecopter :DP:+:HP:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Cerebella:
Okay here is a strong duo, Cerebella compliments Parasoul very well. You can use Lock N Load if you prefer to have a stronger ground game and more damage in your combos, LNL can really help beef up Parasouls damage. Or, you can use Cerecopter and make your offensive and hit confirm game even scarier! Putting them in blockstun for that long really opens up Parasouls possibilities for setting up tears and making her offense even more difficult to deal with. Both assists work, it really is your personal preference as a player. The DHC potential is also very much there, Sniper into Dynamo in the corner can give you a free Bella conversion once Dynamo ends if you didn't use knockdown and have undizzy to work with, and Sniper/Dynamo just on its own does great damage.

Cerebella/Parasoul:
This is also very strong! Cerebella works very well with Pillar, and while Napalm Shot i'm sure also offers plenty of setups. I think having a tool like Pillar defensively and in the neutral can really help Cerebella in plenty of ways. The mixups you can get working with Pillar is already dirty enough to make it happen.

How to make it work:
Parasoul point with Bella anchor is a very strong team. Putting someone in-between them as a mid that compliments them both can also be a good choice, but this as a whole is very strong. Cerebella has such a strong offensive game that she really doesn't need assists to be scary, which is why she is such a strong anchor. Parasoul can build her meter for Bella to have access to her LV3 when she comes in which is already great. The DHC synergy is definitely there both ways. Very very strong duo, one of her best partners for sure!

Double:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Double (;3)

Double Assists:
Hornet Bomber :DP:+:LK:
Hornet Bomber :DP:+:MK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Double:
A true Parasoul bread and butter, Double has been there for her since the beginning of this game, and some may argue that synergy is at its best! You have access to LK and MK Bomber, the more the game moves on the more I truly feel like you HAVE to just play LK Bomber, it really is one of Parasouls best assists to work with. Though, if you prefer a more ranged Parasoul, or run a team that is in need of it, MK Bomber works well too. The DHC synergy between the two is simply amazing, Parasoul can sniper into Double's monster super for setups and conversions beyond your wildest dreams! It also works as a safe DHC, along with catheads! Meaning that as long as you have 2 meters you can turn any failed reversal with Parasoul into a safe gateway of Double pressure.

Double/Parasoul:
Just like Cerebella, you know this duo is strong because regardless of which way it is setup, its still very strong! Double gets so much with Pillar, you can cover so much air, you can get amazing conversions, and very safe mixups utilizing it. Napalm Shot is also a very tool to use to strengthen your mixups and corner game, but I definitely prefer Pillar. The DHC synergy is not as good as Parasoul/Double, but still very strong and useful.

How to make it work:
Similar to Parasoul and Cerebella, you can make both orders work and you can really just pick and choose which order you want to play based on personal preference or matchups. The synergy is just really on point. Parasoul/Double/Anchor, Parasoul/Mid/Double, and just the duo itself are all very strong combinations. Easily one of Parasouls best partners.

Eliza:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Eliza

Eliza Assists:
Butchers Blade :QCB:+:MP:
Dive of Horus :QCF:+:MK:
Osiris Spiral :QCB:+:HK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Pillar

Parasoul/Eliza:
This a solid duo, not one of the best but not even close to weak. Parasoul can get a looot of strong things going with all 3 of the Eliza assists. People seem to prefer Butchers Blade and Horus for the most part, its just up to you if you want Horus for setups and neutral or Butchers Blade for just raw lockdown. DHCing into Eliza offers nothing but very strong damage.

Eliza/Parasoul:
Parasoul surprisingly doesn't compliment Eliza as well as I thought she would when I was messing with this composition, but like I said above it definitely isn't awful. Napalm Shot can set up really strong mixups for Eliza, and Pillar works practically just as well, just a preference thing there and how confident you are at getting confirms off of Pillar. DHCing into Parasoul isn't nearly as strong compared to the other way around.

How to make it work:
Its strong, but not one of the best. Definitely recommend setting up Parasoul point, having someone in the middle that will help compliment Parasoul and to a lesser extent Eliza. Lastly, have Eliza be anchor with the assist of your choice. Just make sure your mid works well with that assist choice. That has the potential to be a very strong team, so the synergy is definitely there, just not as seamless as other choices.

Filia:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Filia

Filia Assists:
Updo :DP:+:HP:
Hairball :QCB:+:HK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Pillar

Parasoul/Filia:
While this team has quite the issue putting out damage compared to other Parasoul compositions, this is a very good team with strong synergy. Hairball has some uses with Parasoul as a way to setup the ground game but Parasoul really shines with Updo assist. A great defensive assist as it also covers a great set of space that really helps Parasoul out. It really works out because Parasoul has no issue converting from an Updo hit. Like I said earlier, the DHC synergy is definitely not the most intimidating damage wise, but its definitely there in utility. Reversal Pillar into Sniper, dhcing into Gregor gives you the "in" with Filia and lets you set up Filia's astonishing offensive game. Lastly, thanks to Parasoul's S.HK in the corner and Filia's raw tag, you can combo Parasouls S.HK in the corner and easily raw tag into Filia and if you didn't use your knockdown you can get an OTG conversion with Filia. Depending on your undizzy this can lead into good damage, and regardless, it puts Filia exactly where she wants to be... being offensive while your opponent is in the corner.

Filia/Parasoul:
Not as strong as Parasoul point, but still very good. Filia with something like Napalm Shot really is a scary sight, it gives you conversions and mixups that really help Filia shine even more. Pillar is useful as well as a defensive assist, but over time it seems very clear that LP shot is the way to go. It just sets up so much strong stuff with Filia's pressure game. The DHC synergy is also strong, Fenrir or Gregor into Sniper Shot or LV3 are all useful.

How to make it work:
Parasoul point with Filia anchor or mid, this team as a duo is great but putting a strong anchor behind the two would make for a great team as well. This team offers a lot of utility and trickery, they both compliment each other rather well if done correctly. Due to the nature of the team though, you have to play a more patient, pick and choose the situation type of Parasoul. Since chances are you'll be using Updo, you don't have much intimidation in terms of forcing your opponent to block, so you have to really work to establish offense. That said, you can get the hit very efficiently with good Updo calls and a strong patient, read based play with Parasoul. This pretty much could be said for Parasoul in general, but I feel Updo really lets that playstyle shine!

Fukua:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Fukua

Fukua Assists:
Platonic Drillationship :QCF:+:HK:
Forever a Clone :QCB:+:MK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Fukua:
Very strong synergy between these two, drill has to be one of the most useful assists to help Parasoul. It makes your pressure and confirms so strong and really helps control your already amazing ground game. However, if you're already running a lockdown assist on the team of a trio, Forever a Clone (MK) might be a great way to help you play neutral, and can lead into very streamlined set-play thats very strong. So its up to you really on what you want the assist to do for Parasoul. The DHC synergy is great, Sniper into BFF is strong and can lead to followups from Fukua if undizzy permits. In the corner, sniper into her Drill Super on the ground can do great damage. Lastly, simple calling sniper from a far range into Fukua's fireball super can be an efficient, and safe way to get Parasoul out safely.

Fukua/Parasoul:
Works well this way as well, Fukua already has a very strong neutral game, and having something like Pillar as an assist just helps sell the point home even more. It can also lead into some great offensive pressure utilizing your command grabs and high low game. Napalm Shot I'd imagine could also be use for some tricky stuff, but it seems that Pillar just provides more overall. The DHC synergy in this order is just as strong, you can fireball super into sniper shot for hard knockdown, BFF into Sniper for hard knockdown, and in the corner you can end a combo with drill super and DHC into Sniper. This is especially strong not only because of damage, but Sniper will shoot your opponent down to the ground for Parasoul to setup pressure along with Fukua's assist. Very scary.

How to make it work:
Fukua is another one of those characters that works incredibly well with Parasoul, the assists, the damage, the DHC's, it just all meshes together really well. Parasoul/Fukua can do just fine, or having Fukua run mid or anchor works depending on your 3rd. A lot of ways to make these two work together.

Ms. Fortune:

Recommended Order: Fortune/Parasoul

Fortune Assists:
Fiber Uppercut :DP:+:HK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Pillar

Parasoul/Fortune:
This composition is not as strong as some players might claim. Parasoul with Fiber Uppercut is okay because she is one of the few characters with the ability to convert off of it if the spacing is correct (with J.LP or J.LK into J.HP) and even then its hard to pull off consistently because some situations just won't let you. So you have to use it as a defensive assist strictly at times. The DHC synergy is pretty good though, DHCing into Cat Scratch Fever does do decent damage, but just how little the assist helps you can be pretty crippling.

Fortune/Parasoul:
This is far stronger, having Fortune run Napalm Shot with her mixups is incredibly strong. It gives you so much creativity and setups to work with, the only problem is the DHC synergy is rather weak between the two. Sniper shot after a lot of Fortunes supers are not as strong as you'd think it'd be. Fortune with Shot though really is strong though, that alone makes this workable.

How to make it work:
The synergy with just these two is truly not that strong. Though similar to Beowulf, if you run Fortune point, have someone in the middle that meshes well with Fortune and Napalm Shot, and have Parasoul 3rd you can make it happen. These two really can only work in a trio I feel with someone in between them, so while it is possible, the core synergy isn't as strong as other options you have.

Painwheel:

Recommended Order: Either, too close to call

Painwheel Assists:
Cruel Lily :D:+:MP:
Gae Bolga Stinger :QCF:+MP

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Painwheel:
These two have always had great synergy together, Cruel Lily is a great lockdown assist for Parasoul if you set it up correctly. Giving you amazing confirms and pressure if done right. On the other hand you also have MP Stinger which can be useful if you want to help Parasouls ability to approach. The DHC's with this team are just great, Sniper into Death Crawl is great damage, Sniper into Hatred Install on hit on block is completely safe. On hit, if undizzy allows it will give you access to really powerful Painwheel Hatred Install combos. Another amazing thing about these two is with the help of Parasouls S.HK in the corner and Painwheels rag tag, you can get really efficient raw tag combos to take place with Painwheels great damage. These two set it up very seamlessly and it plays right into Painwheels gameplan of wanting to get your opponent in the corner.

Painwheel/Parasoul:
This order is just as strong if not stronger as Parasoul point. Painwheel with Pillar really helps her very heavy air based neutral, you can convert off of the assist very efficiently and it makes for great setups everywhere on the screen. Shot IS an assist you can use but you don't really have a reason to use it over Pillar honestly. Painwheel controls space very well with Pillar on top of great DHC options, death crawl into sniper does great damage and can setup amazing stuff for Parasoul. On top of that, getting a clean thresher (air super) with Painwheel can DHC right into Sniper for the exact same scenario as the previous DHC. Both supers can just lead for amazing setups for Parasoul.

How to make it work:
Parasoul/Painwheel in either order is a really strong team. The DHC's are great and the assists compliment each other so well, if you want to run a trio... Parasoul/Painwheel/Anchor or Painwheel/Mid/Parasoul are great ways to make it happen. Not much else to say, the team really does speak for itself on how efficient it can be when you put in the work for both characters.

Peacock:

Recommended Order: Peacock/Parasoul

Peacock Assists:
Screwball Cannonball :HP:
Boxcar George :QCF:+:MK:
George at the Air Show :QCF:+:HK:
Shadow of Impending Doom :QCB:+:MP:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Peacock:
Weak synergy in this order, Peacock is a character with a bunch of assists, but none of them are really that amazing. Just pick and choose and see which ones helps your Parasoul the best, if you want pressure assistance I recommend S.HP for sure, its really just preference. The DHC options are alright, Sniper into Argus does good damage and can confirm from full screen. Anything into Lenny is a safe DHC which is useful I suppose. At the end of the day, Peacock is very much like Valentine where she NEEDS to be on point to reach her full potential, and she doesn't really work anywhere else.

Peacock/Parasoul:
This is a little better then the other order, but not by much. Peacock with only Pillar is not that useful because you don't have anything to help Peacocks zoning game at all. Peacock with Napalm Shot though isn't too bad, it can really be aggravating for the opponent to deal with, the only issue with this though is that Parasoul as an anchor doesn't compliment Peacock and what she wants to do. The DHC's are simply not that strong, just very basic. Most importantly, Peacock is still arguably the best meter builder in the entire game. So if Peacock builds all this meter for Parasoul to come in, nothing all that intimidating happens. Yes you have LV3, but it does not have such a game changing effect compared to other LV3's. The characters just don't compliment each other as all that well together.

How to make it work:
Now they might not work too well together, however if you can find a good mid character to put in-between the two you an definitely have a strong trio. The key would be to put Peacock front, and you would need a mid character to do all of the following...
-Uses the meter Peacock gives her
-Supplies Peacock with an assist to help her zoning game
-Works well with Pillar or Shot
-Can DHC from Peacock rather well.
So Peacock/Mid/Parasoul can be strong, or Peacock/Parasoul/Anchor HAS potential if the anchor has an assist that really helps Peacock as well as Parasoul.

Robo-Fortune:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Robo-Fortune

Robo-Fortune Assists:
Theonite Beam :QCF:+:HP:
Headrone Impact :QCB:+:MK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Robo-Fortune:
These characters have some decent synergy for sure. Theonite Beam is a useful assist to help you cover space and force them crouching to avoid it, which can work in Parasouls favor at times. Headrone Impact (Mine) also has shown its use in helping Parasoul keep control of the match with this assist alongside with shots and tosses. Both are very capable of being strong assists for Parasoul, and on top of that the DHC options are really strong. Sniper into Magnetic Trap after a Reversal Pillar hits clean and can setup well for Robo. From full screen confirming Sniper into her Beam super can also work wonders. Sniper into Beam super as a combo finisher will also do great damage, as you can just pick and choose how much meter you want to spend.

Robo-Fortune/Parasoul:
Robo seems to have no issue utilizing Pillar to help her neutral, its a great way to help her control space and cover a spot of the screen she has an issue with. Having a defensive assist such as Pillar also helps Robo out extremely, Napalm Shot also has potential to help your mixup game by giving you great setups with it. The DHC's in the corner seem strong as well as full screen, confirming beam into Parasouls LV3 super can be efficient. As well as confirming Magnetic Trap into Sniper to give Parasoul a good setup for pressure.

How to make it work:
These two have great synergy between the two of them, but... its just something about the two together that doesn't seem strong enough without a third. I feel like as a duo the team is not one of the best, but having an anchor behind the two, with an assist that helps both Parasoul and Robo, can make a really solid team. Parasoul/Robo/Anchor would definitely be the way to go to optimize these two, give Robo an assist to work with, and give Parasoul two different assists and you can totally make it work.

Squigly:

Recommended Order: Parasoul/Squigly

Squigly Assists:
Drag 'n' Bite :QCF:+:HP:
Cremation :D:+:HP:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Squigly:
I feel like this composition is very under-looked and these characters definitely compliment each other. These two together certainly won't be able to pull out the damage, but Parasoul with Drag N Bite can really set up amazing pressure and mixups. Cremation does as well, its really just preference on how you want to go about your pressure. The DHC's are strong too, Sniper into SBO if spaced correctly can lead into a conversion on hit and safe pressure on block.

Squigly/Parasoul:
Also a strong way to play the two together, I feel that both of Parasouls assists can compliment Squigly very well. Pillar if you want a better control of the air game and are confident in your confirms, and LP Shot if you want a better mixup game and a ground game with less holes. The only problem is that the DHC's into Parasoul are not really strong. All you really have going for you is that if you SBO them and they're in the corner you can DHC into Bikes and get an easy conversion from it. Outside of that and long range SBO's into Sniper or Bikes being a safe DHC, not much is there.

How to make it work:
This is a duo thats okay on its own but if you put an anchor behind the two of them, with Parasoul point and Squigly mid, you totally have a strong team. Parasoul with Drag 'N' Bite or Cremation is just too good to pass up, just give yourself an anchor with a good assist for neutral and for Squigly, and have Squigly have decent enough ways to DHC into your anchor, and you're in business. Definitely has potential for a strong composition.

Valentine:

Recommended Order: Valentine/Parasoul

Valentine Assists:
Kakushi Caliper :D:+:MK:
Thoracotomy :HP:
Mortuary Drop :HCB:+:LP::LK:

Parasoul:
Napalm Pillar
Napalm Shot (LP)

Parasoul/Valentine:
Without a doubt, the worst partner for Parasoul. None of her assists or DHC's are really assisting you in any useful way. You're basically playing solo Parasoul if you're in this situation with potential at a few tricky setups. They just don't work well this way.

Valentine/Parasoul:
Miles better in comparison to the other order, but still not as strong as people claim it is. Valentine with Pillar is useful because of how well the assist compliments Valentine neutral, Napalm shot i'm sure also gives you great options for pressure. That said, the DHC synergy is just as bad in this order too, you can set up safe DHC's but really all you get is more damage at the finisher of your Valentine combo.

How to make it work:
Pillar with Valentine is the only synergy these two really have. Putting Valentine point is required, and then you just have someone between the two of them that can work with Pillar and do your best to make it work. The team as a trio has SOME potential, but you have better characters to use with Parasoul, and you have better characters to use with Valentine. If you REALLY must... Valentine/Mid/Parasoul is what i'd recommend, but you really should avoid running this if you want to optimize Parasoul OR Valentine.

TL;DR:

Characters that have the strongest synergy for Parasoul are...
Double, Cerebella, Fukua, Painwheel, and Filia in any order.

Characters that have strong synergy for Parasoul but lack just a little bit are...
Squigly, Robo-Fortune, and Eliza in any order.

Characters that don't have that much synergy with Parasoul but you can make it work if you switch the team around to base it off the other character are...
Beowulf
Peacock
Fortune
Big Band
Valentine

Last edited:
Chapter 4: Combos

So below are an assortment of combos with a video to go with them. The combos will be listed by number in order of where they appear in the video. Each combo will have a spoiler below it, just talking about said combo with little tidbits such as what characters it works on who it doesn't work on etc.

Remember, if you find a combo you're comfortable that isn't listed below, and it still does good damage, go for it! Parasoul gives you a lot of creativity with her combos, so as long as you're doing decent damage you should be fine. Just take these combos into account to add into your arsenal.

Lastly, I want to take this time to give shout outs to fellow Parasoul players!

Thank you Skarmand, WingZero626, and Fenster for helping me by showing me combos, helping me clean it up a bit, and overall just being swell fellas.

Many thank you's and many shout outs to Severine! Very important innovator for Parasoul combos. Seriously, she is responsible for practically every single combo you'll see below in some way shape or form. A key player in Parasoul's metagame, nothing but respect.

Universal Notes/Things To Know:
-The finisher is not set in stone at all, you can do pretty much any other possible finisher you want. S.HPx2 Pillar Bikes, S.HPx2 MP Shot Sniper into the Pillar Sniper safe burst setup, instead of just doing Sniper after Napalm Quake you can just do LV 3 instead! So you have plenty of options.
-Damage was decided via the go-to 1.00 damage multiplier.
-All of these combos are used with 0 undizzy at the start.
UPDATE:
Its becoming the norm to end your combos with MP Shot into sweep, or pillar, or whatever you prefer. It gives you more damage and setups in comparison to Quake.

Shot=Napalm Shot
Toss=Napalm Toss
Quake=Napalm Quake
Pillar=Napalm Pillar
Bike=Egret Charge

LIGHTWEIGHTS:
-Filia
-Fukua
-Fortune
-Painwheel
-Peacock
-Squigly
-Valentine

HEAVIES:
-Beowulf
-Big Band
-Cerebella
-Double
-Eliza
-Parasoul
-Robo Fortune

"How To F.HP" Tutorial:

Midscreen Combos:

Combo 1-
C.LK, C.MK, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, Dash, S.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, S.LK, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6279 Damage
(LIGHTWEIGHTS)
Very basic bread and butter, a combo i've been using to some variation since the dawn of time haha. It's pretty straight forward, but here 2 things you can do to make it easier on yourself if you're starting out.

-After the first LP Shot, you can just do S.LP S.MP into B.HK. The S.MP link isn't super needed, just keep in mind that the additional S.LK into LP shot after the J.HK restand won't let you finish the combo due to undizzy.
-Going off of that, after the J.HK restand... you can just do S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2 whatever if you want. The S.LK Shot into S.LP is strictly for additional damage and not required to finish the combo at all.

Combo 2-
C.LK, C.MK, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, Dash, S.MK, C.HP, J.LP, J.LK, J.MP, Land, J.MK, J.HK, S.LK, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6249 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
This combo is very similar to the first, however this combo works best on heavies in comparison to the first combo. If you do the first combo on a heavy, you might notice that after the J.HK you'll waste your knockdown, or few hits of J.HK will hit, or even worse it will ruin the ability to restand all together. Fear not though, HERE is the combo you do for heavies, it lets everything fall together just fine against them. You can do this on every character in the game if you'd like.

Read the spoiler of the first combo to get help in the same areas as this combo!

Combo 3-

C.LK, C.MK, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Charge, Dash Until Spaced Correctly, C.HP, J.LP, J.LK, J.MP, Land, J.MK, J.HK, S.LKx2, LP Shot, S.LPx2, C.MK, F.HP, Quake, Sniper.
6604 Damage
(WONT WORK ON BIG BAND)
I encourage everyone to master the spacing and utility of this combo, its really great. It gives you everything Parasoul would want, a golden ticket into the corner. No matter where you are on the stage you can make this combo connect and you will end up in the corner every time. Its incredibly useful but it can be hard to get used to.

-So it doesn't work on Big Band, but it does work on everyone else in the game. One thing that should be mentioned though, is that it can be pretty iffy to do on Parasoul herself. Completely possible, but definitely mess around in training mode against her to understand what I mean.
-One trick I like to do to make sure I'm always there for the C.HP, is after the Egret Charge to immediately do a jump out of my dash. This will give you a jump that goes a greater distance, then you just keep dashing until you reach where you need to be. Everyone has different tricks for it, and as long as you get that C.HP, you're doing the combo right.

Combo 4-
C.LK, C.MK, C.HP, J.LK, J.MK, J.MP, Land, J.LP, J.MK, J.HP, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.MP, LP Shot, S.LKx2, C.MK, F.HP, Quake, Sniper.
5831 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
A good combo to start out with if you're new to the character, and even if you aren't this combo is very dependable, very easy, and very clean. Not much to really say in terms of assistance, just keep watching the video and just keep at it until you get it down!

Combo 5-
C.LK, C.MK. C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, LK Toss, J.HP, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HK, S.LK, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6460 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Very fun combo to do, makes your hands move pretty fast haha. Very reliable combo as it works on everyone in the game very seamlessly, but it can be tough to get used to it at first.

-The J.MP, J.HP, LK Toss, J.HP part is not as hard as you think. Just keep track of the flow of the combo and don't overthink it.
-After the Egret Call, a lot of players will try to DASH and J.MK J.HK and will potentially miss entirely. All you need to do is simply walk one or two steps forward, and the J.MK will catch them just fine. Mess around in training mode and you'll see what I mean.
-Similar to combos posted above, the S.LK LP Shot link is not needed for the combo. It is strictly there for damage, nothing wrong with making the finisher more simple if it helps you as a player. NEVER risk dropping the combo entirely vs 100-200 points damage if you aren't confident in those extra points of damage.

Combo 6-
C.LK, C.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, MK Toss, J.HP, C.MK, S.HPx2, Egret Call, Dash, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MK, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6549 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
A different take on the combo above, it can be a little bit trickier, but learning this combo will give you more damage as well as being completely universal across the cast as well.

-The C.MK after the J.HP might not need to come out as fast as you think it does, buckle down and test the timing until you get it down.
-The finishing part after the Egret Call can be tricky. Due to spacing certain moves might whiff, so use your best judgement on your spacing and adjust accordingly. If you follow the notations above though, you should be fine.

Combo 7-
B.HK, Egret Call, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MP, LP Shot, Dash, S.LKx2, C.MK, F.HP, Quake, Sniper.
6530 Damage
(LIGHTWEIGHTS)
Simple combo you can do to truly optimize your conversion after a successful B.HK, pretty straight forward, and does decent damage if you can get the hit confirm correct at the start.

-B.HK combos can be tricky, if a tear is somewhere in place it could mess up the combo so be aware of that. Worst case scenario just freestyle and make it work, as a Parasoul player, being able to switch it up to capitalize to the fullest regardless of the situation is key.
-Getting the C.HP after B.HK can be really tough against heavy characters but its possible. If you don't feel like risking it, just do S.MK C.HP and adjust the combo accordingly to cooperate with undizzy.

Combo 8-
B.HK, Egret Call, C.HP, J.LK, J.MK, J.MP, Land, J.LP, J.MK, J.HP, S.MP, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LKx2, C.MK, F.HP, Quake, Sniper.
6218 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Weaker combo but way more useful against heavies for similar reasons stated in other combos. If you can do Combo 4, you should have plenty of confidence in implementing this.

-Read the tips in Combo 7 for advice.

Combo 9-
Back Throw, Egret Charge, Dash Until Spaced Correctly, C.HP, J.LP, J.LK, J.MP, Land, J.MK, J.HK, S.MKx2, LP Shot, S.LPx2, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
4759 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
The bike combo itself (combo 3) doesn't work on Big Band but this totally does. Similar to Combo 3, definitely the way to go if you get a ground throw. As stated previously, getting your opponent in the corner is EVERYTHING to Parasoul and this gives you a free pass to where you need to be. Do your best to get this down.

-Read Combo 3 for help on converting from Bike.

Combo 10-
Air Throw, Dash, S.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, LK Toss, J.HP, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HK, S.LKx2, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
4636 Damage
(WONT WORK ON BIG BAND/CEREBELLA)
Identical with Combo 5, just with an air throw starter. Okay, so I THINK it sometimes works against Big Band and Cerebella but i'm convinced its pretty much not worth doing this on either of them for whatever reason.

-If you can do Combo 5 nothing is stopping you from getting this down. Just practice air throw, dash, S.MK C.HP a bunch, and just get that down until it becomes very efficient. Practice on everyone so you can understand the fall speeds of each character.

Combo 11-
Air Throw, Dash, S.MK, C.HP, J.LP, J.LK, J.MP, Land, J.MK, J.HK, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MP, LP Shot, Dash, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
4442 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
This is a good combo to use on Cerebella and Big Band, and anyone else for that matter if its comfortable for you. A lot of stuff in this combo is very similar to what you've seen in previous combos, just practice and you won't have much issue.

-Practice air throw, dash, S.MK C.HP a bunch, and just get that down until it becomes very efficient. Practice on everyone so you can understand the fall speeds of each character.

Combo 12-
Air Throw, Dash, S.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, MK Toss, J.HP, C.MK, S.HPx2, Egret Call, Dash, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MK, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
4614 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
This has become my go to air throw combo. Works on everybody seamlessly and once you practice it a bunch it'll feel very natural. Identical to Combo 6.

-Practice combo 6 and you'll be able to do this just fine.

-Practice air throw, dash, S.MK C.HP a bunch, and just get that down until it becomes very efficient. Practice on everyone so you can understand the fall speeds of each character.

Corner Combos:

----------
INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT:
Combos 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 apply.

C.HP into Pillar can be incredibly deceiving. This is covered in the "How to F.HP" tutorial video in the beginning of the chapter but its worth bringing up again here.

Make sure that you have your timing tight when doing C.HP Pillar to make sure they both stay in the same combo stage. For example, Combo's 2 and 3. If you do it correctly, Pillar should hit them when you're still in Combo Stage 2 (which can be seen in training mode settings). If you are SLIGHTLY late with the Pillar, it will be counted into combo stage 3. Thus ruining the combo.

Combos 5, 6, and 7, are very similar. C.HP Pillar in these combos should keep you in Combo Stage 3, being slightly late with the timing will have Pillar in Stage 5 of the combo.

So be very aware of this when practicing these combos.
----------

Combo 1-
C.LK, C.MK, S.HPx2, LP Shot, C.LP, C.HP, LK Toss, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HK, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6572 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
O this is my pride and joy! Very easy to learn combo that works on everybody just fine! Great combo to start out with and a great combo to rely on.

-Getting the links after LP Shot can be hard at first since you're so close to the opponent, but just keep practicing and get use to the timings and you'll get it down.
-The S.MP after the LK Toss can be tricky. Practice practice practice!
-Okay so, after the Egret Call the J.MK J.HK can be kinda weird on certain characters. Common examples are Big Band, Double, and Bella. Sometimes you wont be able to get all the hits you want on the J.HK making the timing of the following S.MK to be difficult. Use your best judgement to adjust and make sure to practice to get the timing down on everybody!

Combo 2-
C.LK, C.MK, C.HP, Pillar, C.HK, LP Shot, C.LP, C.HP, LK Toss, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HK, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6918 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Taking the combo above and optimizing the starter, you get beefier damage while still having it work on everybody with ease. This combo can look intimidating at a glance but you can definitely get it down if you master the combo above.

-C.HK into Shot can be weird, but just be sure after the pillar to hold down back (1 or 3 in number notation) to keep the charge. Time it so C.HK will hit them as your OTG, and input Napalm Shot and if you do it correctly you should get it out and you should be able to link C.LP after the shot.

Combo 3-
C.LK, C.MK, C.HP, Pillar, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LPx2, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.MP, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
7095 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
One of the more damaging routes Parasoul can do. It can be tough at first but very worth doing, because not only does it do great damage but it ALSO looks really cool.

-Refer to "How To F.HP" video to really grasp how to do it.
-F.HP, LP Shot, S.MP can be pretty hard at first but its actually quite simple. Hold the charge for as long as possible during F.HP and then do shot, if you long enough you'll notice how Parasoul starts to move back. By the time the shot is out you should be spaced perfectly to where getting the S.MP link is rather easy. Keep at it! Just notice how long you can hold the charge and look at Parasoul and how she moves.

Combo 4-
B.HK, Egret Call, C.HK, LP Shot, C.LP, C.HP, LK Toss, S.MP, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
6516 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Identical to Combo 2, very great way to confirm from your B.HK hit.

-Practice combo 2, and practice getting C.HK into shot after Egret Call. This combo will be a breeze once you get all of the components down.

Combo 5-
B.HK, Egret Call, C.HP, Pillar, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LPx2, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
7283 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
If you can confirm from a B.HK and you pull this off you'll be rewarded with great damage. Practice Combo 3 and really get this F.HP stuff down to maximize Parasoul damage!

-Watch the "How to F.HP" video, and just practice. If you can do Combo 3 you can do this! Remember to get the timing down on B.HK Egret Call C.HP as well!

Combo 6-
Air Throw, S.MK, C.HP, Pillar, C.HK, LP Shot, C.LP, C.HP, LK Toss, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HK, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
4925 Damage
Completely identical to Combo 2, just get the air throw conversion down. Refer to the midscreen air throw combos if you need help.

-One thing to help you out, sometimes in the corner getting an air throw and getting the S.MK C.HP Pillar can be really weird to time on lightweight characters. If you don't feel confident with it, after the air throw, just do Pillar only, and continue the combo like you would anyway. Its less damage of course, but its a very easy to way to confirm on the lightweights. Against heavies, its way easier to get the S.MK C.HP they just fall right into it.

Combo 7-
Air Throw, S.MK, C.HP, Pillar, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LPx2, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.MP, S.HPx2, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, Quake, Sniper.
5214 Damage
Completely identical to Combo 3, just get the air throw conversion down. Refer to the midscreen air throw combos if you need help.

-Refer to "How to F.HP" video if you need help.
-Sometimes in the corner getting an air throw and getting the S.MK C.HP Pillar can be really weird to time on lightweight characters. If you don't feel confident with it, after the air throw, just do Pillar only, and continue the combo like you would anyway. Its less damage of course, but its a very easy to way to confirm on the lightweights. Against heavies, its way easier to get the S.MK C.HP they just fall right into it.

B.HK, LP Shot Combos:

Many thanks to Liam for combos 1, 2, and 3!
----------
NOTICE:
Its come to my attention that the B.HK starter combos I have in the first two videos are not as viable as they may seem. I'm doing this video to showcase the better use of B.HK into LP Napalm Shot. The reason why this is better than B.HK into Egret Call is simple. You're +2 on block as opposed to -2, you get to keep pressure on with the shot and you still get combos on hit. So I apologize for the misinformation, to make it up to you here is a video showcasing these combos. Plenty of Parasoul players may already know about this, however, for those who don't. Here you are.
----------

Combo 1-
B.HK, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HP, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.
6834 Damage
(WONT WORK ON CEREBELLA)
Basic bread and butter off this starter that works on the majority of the cast.

-Be sure to walk slightly after the Egret Call to get the J.MK, J.HP to connect.
-Keep in mind that this works on heavies, but the J.HK will OTG as opposed to restanding on certain characters. Double and Big Band are perfect examples of this.
-The reason this doesn't work on Cerebella is because for some odd reason, the S.LP S.MP will put her too far away for the tear to detonate. Meaning you HAVE to do the 1F link version with only using S.MP.

Combo 2-
B.HK, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, J.MK, J.HP, C.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.
7164 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Same as combo 1 except the following has changed...

-Instead of doing S.LP, S.MP after the napalm shot, you JUST do S.MP.
-After J.MK, J.HP, you have enough undizzy to do C.MK, C.HP into the rest of the combo.
-Just keep practicing, the LP Shot S.MP can be tough but just keep at it and learn the timing as best you can.

Combo 3-
B.HK, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, S.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.
6688 Damage
(BIG BAND COMBO)
Simple combo to do on Big Band.

-After the Egret Call, be sure to dash and do the S.MK
-As you can see in the video the J.HK uses otg, but the combo should still connect with no problems.
-If you want to squeeze in more damage do the following..

B.HK, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, S.MK, C.HP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, {S.LKx2, LP Shot, S.LPx2, S.MK, S.HPx2,} MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.

The part of the combo in brackets is what has changed, and it does 6803.

Combo 4-
B.HK, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Charge, Dash Until Spaced Correctly, S.MK, C.HP, J.LP, J.LK, J.MP, Land, J.MK, J.HK, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.
6518 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)*
Very useful way to get free corner carry from this overhead.

*Against Cerebella you have to do LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Charge and skip the S.LP.
-You can just do raw C.HP instead of throwing in the S.MK before it to get a little bit more undizzy in the end to add a string. This is as basic as the combo gets, but you can definitely hit the lab and optimize it. At the risk of making it more difficult.

Combo 5-
B.HK, LP Shot, S.LP, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, C.HP, Pillar, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.
6912 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Solid damage corner combo thats pretty easy to do! Works on Bella since its in the corner too!

-Against heavies, the timing for B.HK, Egret Call, C.HP has to be really fast so you don't drop it completely. Just practice!

Combo 6-
B.HK, LP Shot, S.MP, B.HK, Egret Call, C.HP, Pillar, C.MK, F.HP, LP Shot, S.LPx2, C.MK, F.HP, Dash, S.LKx2, S.MKx2, S.HPx2, MP Shot, Sniper, C.HK.
7667 Damage
(UNIVERSAL)
Most damage you can get off of this starter that I have found in the corner.

-After the 2nd F.HP you honestly don't even need to dash but it helps ensure the spacing.

Last edited:
Chapter 6: Match-Ups

Beowulf:

Big Band:

Cerebella:

Double:

Eliza:

Filia:

Fukua:

Ms. Fortune:

Painwheel:

Parasoul:

Peacock:

Robo-Fortune:

Squigly:

Valentine:

Last edited:
Just FYI, there's no length limit on posts, do you don't really need to be reserving them unless you deliberately want to break stuff up that way.

Decided to pick up Parasoul today. Keninblack makes a thread on how to play her. Nice.

Just FYI, there's no length limit on posts, do you don't really need to be reserving them unless you deliberately want to break stuff up that way.
There's a limit to how many pieces of media you can have in one post though, if you want to post a bunch of videos, multiple posts might be a good idea.

There's a limit to how many pieces of media you can have in one post though, if you want to post a bunch of videos, multiple posts might be a good idea.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

I could've sworn I saw this thread 3 years ago.

Chapters 2 and 3 are done!!

Now to sit here and think on how I will deliver these combos to you guys... might have to do something to what I did a few years back.

Really nice job on the guide so far, seems very comprehensive!
Here's some nitpicking for you
It's worth mentioning napalm quake is a low
Egret dive does go away if hit once by a physical attack, but not if that attack is an assist
Egret charge: Parasoul getting hit in the first (how many, 20?) frames of startup is what triggers the "deactivated" bike, the bike itself getting hit just makes it blow up
I'm pretty sure motor brigade never does more damage than sniper since the sniper buff happened

You marked robo mine as qcb HK instead of qcb LK

Word I forgot quake is a low lemme fix that.

Noted i'll make a note of that for Egret Dive ty ty

Egret Charge word thank you I knew that was kinda iffy ty ty

Nope, Sniper does 1750, Bikes do 2016.

Turns out we're both wrong haha, I just checked in training mode and the mine is MK!

QUAKE IS A LOW?!

How am I just finding this now?

QUAKE IS A LOW?!

How am I just finding this now?

yeah thats why i do quake + assist dude

edit: bike also allows for some links that are harder/lost with new sniper

old route: corner cLK cMK cHP Pillar otg cHK MQuake Sniper > stuff. I think it still works, but its far from as consistent. To me.

new route, an easymode route really, there are better combos but this isn't bad for damage: corner cLK cMK cHP Pillar otg cHK Pillar Bikes > sMP or whatever, finish the combo, you can do 7k+ easy from this IIRC.

cLK cMK cHP MQuake Sniper is probably still the best, but whatever, I like that bikes route. Otherwise, go for otg cHK LShot stuff. I like @alexpi 's corner Parasoul combos, they do the same/more damage, follow a similar path to the bike route above, and spend the meter at the end instead, usually as grounded sniper. much better. bike route is better for beginners though, imo.

I don't really recommend most of my combos to beginners. My Para corner is nice, but you got a couple awkward links that require a lot of grinding. If I was cool like Lawnba, I'd do the fully optimized stuff, but f.hp xx shot is too hard for my scrubby self in tourney games

EDIT: Though for the record, I nailed Squigly's optimal counterhit combo at the KC monthly yesterday. It wasn't on stream, but goddamn it felt good.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
JMK detonates tears too!

Okay I thought so but how does that work? Because sometimes when I try to do it it won't detonate tears? Am I just missing something? D:

Okay I thought so but how does that work? Because sometimes when I try to do it it won't detonate tears? Am I just missing something? D:

jMK always detonates tears for me, you must not be hitting the tear. You can still hit the opponent with jMK and be out of range for detonating the tear. Thats the same with all normals that trigger detonation. It's why in one of my tear toss combos I've swapped jLP and jLK around because jLP would sometimes burst a tear when I wanted the jHP afterwards to do it instead, and then my combo was dropped and I was sad.

jMK will detonate tears whether you hold it or not as well and whether or not it hits the opponent or anything else. It just has to contact the tear. When I do my Para/HBypass combo, one of my favorite ways to start is;

cLK cMK sHP2 LShot+HBypass jMK (Whiffs on the opponent as its far out of range, but detonates the tear, and only tapped, so I don't float, I just do the air flip kick animation and then land, the detonated tear hits the opponent for quite a lot of stun) dashjump (might just be jump) jMK jHP restand. dashjump jMK jbLK definitely works for a fun but highly scaled side switch restand. You can fast fall the jbLK with various normals to make it a one hit spiral flare, this saves on scaling when you use them in combos or land them in neutral and can screw with the opponent attempting to pushblock it possibly. IIRC, jbLK jHP (fast fall) sMP is not hard at all.

So, other than missing the tear itself, I cannot see why jMK would not detonate a tear. jdMK will never detonate a tear.

edit: dive egret builds way more meter when blocking projectiles than it used to and it also moves parasoul backwards when you do it and throws out an armored.. egret.. thing.. whatever he is.. that will sort of eat a hit of something that isn't a projectile too. Like, its possible dive egret + assist is a valid way to bait out some stuff.

Also, I've been in situations where throwing out raw bikes was better than trying go for pillar, and I also like doing bike egret > bikes like you can do bike egret > sniper to make the bike egret non deactivatable once the super has started, making the waiting period to ensure bike will stay active even if you take a hit a bit shorter. since bikes comes out way faster than sniper, bike egret > bikes at the right distance has helped me in some odd situations. the bikes multihits can eat up some armor and give the chance for the bike egret to pile through something or pick up off the bikes hitting anything, and its probably just as bad as pillar > bikes or maybe not, might have a different punishing timing. i think this sort of stuff is worth taking into account!

also, backthrow > bike is actually univeral now IIRC and not super tight on like bella anymore or something since the hitbox was extended downwards? but also IIRC this made a midscreen bHK > otg bike egret combo work on more than lights, meaning its possible you can turn a basic parasoul combo into a corner carry instead of JUST backthrows. its also an extremely useful trick with some assists. drag n bite with squigly and mbomber with double both let you combo into bike egret and then chase it without using the otg in the process, even on double herself. imagine taking EVERY hit you get to the corner.

this is why, if you run anchor parasoul, and you don't like napalm shot assist and you prefer updo or beat extend over pillar, i even suggest trying bike egret as a way to give your point/mid character full carries to the corner from any hit. every painwheel combo is a corner combo. SMASH.

oh, and I'm always researching tech chases, especially from sweep, but cHK should be thrown into blockstrings anyways in order to make overheads late in her pressure more effective, even when you're using assist coverage, its worth occasionally landing sweep and having to tech chase (which can be REALLY rewarding and the assist can help you do that possibly) in order to enforce the utility of bHK behind passive tears/assists. She has cLK cMK cHK MQuake. and cLK fMP cHK MQuake and.. insane. Insane in the right situations.

Last edited:
A shorter explanation would be that jMK just has a shitty hitbox.
It hits right below her and the coming down kick doesn't hit in front of her.

This jMK?

JfKCBLM.png

Anyway the reason it might not work for you is that jMK needs to be active to detonate a tear and it's only active for 3 frames, the grounded tear has a fairly tall hitbox (I think her jab either hits it or just barely misses it for reference of how tall it is) and the air tear has a hitbox more or less the size of the tear. So to detonate a tear with jMK the red just needs to touch the green of the tear.

and I think she also can't fly from tears unless she detonates one with jMK first but I'm not a parasoul player I dunno her rules.

(also if this gets in the way you may remove this post unless I broke a rule and you gotta remove it anyway)

Reactions: gllt
Good stuff so far on the guide kenin, there's just a couple of points that I think are worth mentioning:

-looks like an error in this part (I didn't deeply scan everything so I only happened to notice this) from the Inferno Brigade setion ->
It is incredibly easy to combo into, and its incredibly easily for most other characters to dhc into it.
should be "incredibly easy" again

-The note about Bikes doing more damage than sniper should maybe come with the note like "only if all 6 bikes hit, there are plenty of cases though where the opponent might not get hit by all or sometimes any of the bikes so try experimenting first before committing to using this super".

-Should probably be a note about using Parasouls Level 3 and it's invinciblity, and how canceling the level 3 with Egret Call loses the invincibility.

-About Eliza/Parasoul, I think it's worth putting that down as the preferred order for those two since imo Eliza gains more from the parasoul assists than Parasoul with Eliza's assists. Pillar provides Eliza an actual DP which she can convert off from most everywhere extremely easily, and her synergy and coverage with Napalm shot assist rivals that of Filia + shot. I don't want to overload my opinions in this guide, but I do think this is pretty noteworthy.

-For BB/Parasoul, I'd absolutely put down that as the preferred order. BB has very strong synergy with Napalm Shot assist that makes it one of the best assists for point BB imo and gives him access to a lot of things. The other notes about their synergy are fine, but I think very strongly that BB/L Shot assist should be put down there due to how much it helps out BB.

This jMK?

I think you can take what Skarmand said and also apply it to "thought it would hit from behind her leg" or "thought it hit from lower", since as he said the hitbox is still weird especially with trying to visually line it up with the animation. jMK in general is a super awkward button.

and I think she also can't fly from tears unless she detonates one with jMK first but I'm not a parasoul player I dunno her rules.

You mean, bounce off of placed tears from mid-float jMK? She doesn't need to have already detonated. You can indeed do a tear toss, jMK float away from the tear and float towards it, and get a bounce from the tear if it explodes and you are on top of it.

Last edited:
Chapter 4 is mostly complete! Plenty of combos for people to see complete with videos and notations.

Over time I will plan on adding more stuff to it such as "viable assist bread and butter" videos and more midscreen/corner stuff as I see fit but I hope this is good enough for now.

Might be awhile before I finish up the rest because school will be starting up for me, but thank you all for reading/watching. <3

Reactions: CaioLugon
Really liking the way this guide turned out. In-depth and informative. I would like to see future character guides use a similar layout and setup.

Last edited:
Moves That Detonate Tears:
S.MP
S.HP
C.MP
C.HP
J.LP
J.MP
J.HP
J.MK
J.HK
F.MP
In Air B.LK
Napalm Shots
Napalm Trigger (Doesn't require touch)
Napalm Quake
Napalm Trigger

In there, near the bottom, yo.

Reactions: keninblack
Good loooks!

If anyone notices any typos, grammatical errors, tomfoolery PLEASE help me and point it out via here or pm or whatever. I won't be offended at all I want the guide to be as clean as possible <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I saw you posted that to Wing! xD

Honestly might just erase all my stuff and delete the videos, I can't top that. You condensed everything in one video it's just too efficient ;__;7

Reactions: MegamanDS
Sorry for such delay guys, i'm puzzled on how I should format the offense/defense chapter. Its always been a struggle of mine to figure this one out...

Anyone have suggestions for it? Videos? Format? Let me know cuz I def need some assistance, not on writing it, but just on how you guys want to receive the information.

Chapter 6 is taken care of doe <3

As a scrubby learning Parasoul, if I may suggest how it would be cool to see it :

For each major technique :
1) The Theory of the offensiv/defensiv set-up you wanna teach and explain
2) A video giving an example of this offensiv set-up/mixup or the defensiv situation
3) Small variations (in term of buttons etc...) of the set-up that are very similar and thus doesn't require another video to be understand

This format would maybe take too much place and work, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Thank you by the way for this very informativ and already detailed guide, very helpful ! :PUJNA:

Hey Ken in your Parasoul/Eliza team synergy part you recommend Eliza/Parasoul but in your summary you wrote you recommend Parasoul/Eliza

Thanks a ton for the guide its great

Hey Ken in your Parasoul/Eliza team synergy part you recommend Eliza/Parasoul but in your summary you wrote you recommend Parasoul/Eliza

Thanks a ton for the guide its great

Can you quote it for me? Can't seem to find where I recommend Para/Liza, thank you though!

@keninblack Specifically found in the "how to make it work" for that section you recommended setting up parasoul point which is prolly why he got confused.
Eliza:

Recommended Order: Eliza/Parasoul

Eliza Assists:
Butchers Blade :QCB:+:MP:
Dive of Horus :QCF:+:MK:
Osiris Spiral :QCB:+:HK:

Parasoul Assists:
Napalm Shot (LP)
Napalm Pillar

Parasoul/Eliza:
This a solid duo, not one of the best but not even close to weak. Parasoul can get a looot of strong things going with all 3 of the Eliza assists. People seem to prefer Butchers Blade and Horus for the most part, its just up to you if you want Horus for setups and neutral or Butchers Blade for just raw lockdown. DHCing into Eliza offers nothing but very strong damage.

Eliza/Parasoul:
Parasoul surprisingly doesn't compliment Eliza as well as I thought she would when I was messing with this composition, but like I said above it definitely isn't awful. Napalm Shot can set up really strong mixups for Eliza, and Pillar works practically just as well, just a preference thing there and how confident you are at getting confirms off of Pillar. DHCing into Parasoul isn't nearly as strong compared to the other way around.

How to make it work:
Its strong, but not one of the best. Definitely recommend setting up Parasoul point, having someone in the middle that will help compliment Parasoul and to a lesser extent Eliza. Lastly, have Eliza be anchor with the assist of your choice. Just make sure your mid works well with that assist choice. That has the potential to be a very strong team, so the synergy is definitely there, just not as seamless as other choices.[/spoiler]

PEOPLE READING THIS!

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE FOR THE OFFENSE AND DEFENSE CHAPTER

A) Videos explaining how I go about offense and defense with the character and good general tips with a little bit of text to go with it.

OR

B) Don't provide candid videos just gimme alllll the text.