• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr/Gokukoku no Brynhildr

destruction_adv

Yare Yare Daze
Reaction score
Valentine Filia Double
Yep, making a thread about it. I've been reading the manga for about a year and didn't even know it was basically the spiritual successor to Elfen Lied, which I also liked (the manga more than the anime). Unfortunately...I can't see this series ending well, which is a shame cause I like the characters a lot.

In case you clicked on this without knowing what it is here's a summary taken from the site I read the manga at:
Kiwaguro no Brynhildr Manga
Summary:
When he was a child, Murakami was infatuated with a girl he called Kuroneko. She insisted on knowing about aliens and having met them, but no one believed her, even young Murakami was skeptical. One day, she decides to show him the aliens, but an accident occurs and Kuroneko dies while Murakami is left seriously wounded in the hospital. Years go by and Murakami obsesses on finding proof of the existence of aliens because of a promise he had made with Kuroneko. Then, one day, a new transfer student comes to his class, who not only looks a lot like Kuroneko, but is named Kuroha Neko! And even though she insists on never having met Murakami before, the girl has superhuman strength and seems to even be able to predict the future! How will Murakami's life change now that he has been saved by this mysterious girl that claims to be a magician.

^ Though this summary doesn't actually do the series justice since it almost sounds like a rom-com setup. Let me assure you it's not, in fact it's probably the darker than Elfen Lied was, without spoiling anything, let's just say things don't go their way.

This is one of the ones I have been waiting to be animated for a since I found since I really enjoyed Elfen Lied, i haven't gotten around to watching it yet but it is the second highest on my list of animes to watch asap.

This is one of the ones I have been waiting to be animated for a since I found since I really enjoyed Elfen Lied, i haven't gotten around to watching it yet but it is the second highest on my list of animes to watch asap.
You should, It's a lot like elfen lied in tone, and in my opinon a worthy spiritual successor. With quite a few more slice of life chapters.

Okay I am a couple of episode into and I am really enjoying the adaption so far, given that despite being made by the same studio as the people who made Elfen Lied the animation quality has gotten alot better. Also another thing I am really enjoying over Elfen Lied is that is lighter elfen lied which means being less daunted by sadness and dying, I know there is some still to come having read the majority of the manga but it is less than Elfen Lied.

Okay I am a couple of episode into and I am really enjoying the adaption so far, given that despite being made by the same studio as the people who made Elfen Lied the animation quality has gotten alot better. Also another thing I am really enjoying over Elfen Lied is that is lighter elfen lied which means being less daunted by sadness and dying, I know there is some still to come having read the majority of the manga but it is less than Elfen Lied.

I Elfen Lieds defense

most of the deaths are undone at the end [/spoiler.]

Thread revival powers go, I have finally caught up with the manga of this series and was not expecting it to be an on going series, It just looked like the valkryie arc would be like the final arc given how much they set up for it and how much crap had occured.

I haven't gone through the anime in full yet but I here some parts of it were changed. I will still watch it though at some point.