• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Let's talk about everyone's favorite toony cyborg: PEACOCK!

Peacock Scarlet

eyy b0ss
Reaction score
Steam
https://steamcommunity.com/id/FilthyAlphys
Ms. Fortune Peacock
There was no thread specifically dedicated to her, so I decided to make one.

Headcanons, art, ask blogs, relationships, I'll discuss practically anything! So, without further ado. SHOW ME YOUR PEACOCK! Oh, God this is awful.

latest

This is obviously not appropriate content. PM me if you want to discuss why.
Real Question.
Does Peacock smoke weed?

Warning applied to Super Milk Chan for obviously inappropriate discussion. If you want to discuss why, PM me. No further open discussion on the subject.

okie dokie artychokey.
duly noted

Peacock zoning gives me PTSD.

REFLECT THIS! WHY AINT YOU REFLECTING! REFLECT THIS!

sample-be83db17ac6523137505db0b2711cc6b.jpg

Also I found this really cute.

Reactions: Magma442
All I need to say is she is awesome ;p Hn.. though if I'm going to say more my favorite quote of hers is probably "you're not bad you're just drawn badly" that is such a clever alteration of the most fitting cartoon reference possible.

Not much discussion here... I'm surprised.

Let's shake things up...

What would happen if Peacock's design didn't go down the evil cartoon character route, but instead went down the evil toy route?
It's more in the eyes and teeth complimenting her wardrobe...

DeviantArt Link...
peacock__skullgirls_neo__by_sigfriedofgaea-d9nssl0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ACreationist
Definitely spooky, and definitely supposed to resemble Big Band a little.

I imagined that many outfits from Lab 8 followed a bit of a motif.

She's not evil... only looks that way. She's still the sweet girl we know as Peacock. Just looks different, and is probably a little more brutal in battle.

Definitely spooky, and definitely supposed to resemble Big Band a little.

I imagined that many outfits from Lab 8 followed a bit of a motif.

She's not evil... only looks that way. She's still the sweet girl we know as Peacock. Just looks different, and is probably a little more brutal in battle.

Like Painwheel.

Like Painwheel, but not under someone else's control. Plus she's got close friends who are pretty much her family. :)

Let's get back on topic now...
I was on topic bro. Kinda. And I started this thread anyway so who are you to judge!? ;_;

Anyway, give me some headcanons please!! I wanna see your personal Peacock interpretations.

Peacocks lazy and uses her portals to reach for the remote when watching cartoons and Annie.

I was on topic bro. Kinda. And I started this thread anyway so who are you to judge!? ;_;

Anyway, give me some headcanons please!! I wanna see your personal Peacock interpretations.

Sorry about that... I think I may have run through this in my head, and thought we went off topic. My bad.

Alright, let's see if I got this headcanon stuff right...

- Lab 8 is a "futures lab".
- That initial blast from Peacock's "Argus Agony" is fired from her eyes, instead of her hat cannon. She strikes a pose like the Former Dio Brando, for doing the lasers.
tumblr_nyakj9yHEg1umr68ho1_1280.jpg

Sorry about that... I think I may have run through this in my head, and thought we went off topic. My bad.

Alright, let's see if I got this headcanon stuff right...

- Lab 8 is a "futures lab".
- That initial blast from Peacock's "Argus Agony" is fired from her eyes, instead of her hat cannon. She strikes a pose like the Former Dio Brando, for doing the lasers.
tumblr_nyakj9yHEg1umr68ho1_1280.jpg

She does say 'Yare yare'.
Peacock is a neat robot tho. Too bad Vyrnaazus/Vyrndragon and Dolfinh met up and decided to troll me with zoner Peacock.

Anime Peacock, right? Or are we talking standard Peacock?

Who are Vyrnaazus/Vyrndragon and Dolfinh and what's this "Zoner Peacock" you speak of?

...wait really?

I mean I get new member and all you don't know who the players are but you don't know what Zoner peacock means? It's her playstyle in game.

I'm not new to the game, I've had it for two years now. But I'm totally unfamiliar with the gamer jargon here.

Zoner means what?
Normally were not supposed to talk about gameplay in character disscusion threads but it would be rude to say "go look it up" so I'll just briefly explain it.

Characters are classified based on their gameplay.

Filia is meant for combing and rushing down the opponent so she's classified as a "rushdown" character.

Cerebella/Beowulf gamplay revolves around grabs and command grabs so they're classified as "Grapplers".

Peacock is Classifed as a "Zoner" character because she spams projectiles to keep the opponent away from them. She in other words "zones" them.

Peacock spams projectiles and is supposed to keep the opponent at bay. Her projectiles are more effective than rushing down the enemy like Filia.

Does this make sense to you?

I'm not new to the game, I've had it for two years now. But I'm totally unfamiliar with the gamer jargon here.

Zoner means what?

A zoner is a boner. Let's be honest here.

A zoner in a fighting game is basically what it sounds like with said character trying to keep the other character away from them with projectiles, stage hazards, and the like. Basically just quarter circle and mash your face against the keyboard and you have Peacock's playstyle in a nutshell.

That makes perfect sense now. :)

She keeps them in a zone... one where she can hit people with everything she's got, all while keeping them away from herself. :)

d91a0d58cc.png

(Comic related.)
So about her backstory... I often wonder how long it took for Patricia to mentally transition into 'Peacock'. Like I imagine she probably acted like a doll/went numb to avoid getting hurt any further, but at the same time it probably meant that she was a shell of herself for a pretty long time. Like being fully dependent on Avery and mistrust if the Lab 8 crew, being afraid of unusual things (like relating butter knives to bone-saws), and having PTSD flashbacks and nightmares.
This is a legitimate spoiler about Peacock's backstory. I love speculating this kind of stuff because I have no friends.

Last edited:
Not cool bro. I have friends and I like to speculate about this kind of stuff! XD

Trivial crap aside, this looks plausible. I've been redesigning Peacock all this time, but I never got around to speculating exactly how she came about.

It's not really speculation how peacock became peacock. She was a war orphan who was mutated by slavers. When dr avian found her she was ripped apart and near death. So he rebuilt her.

It's not really speculation how peacock became peacock. She was a war orphan who was mutated by slavers. When dr avian found her she was ripped apart and near death. So he rebuilt her.
No, I mean she got the body and everything, but how long did it take for her to accept it? How did she react to the whole thing? Stuff like that. Just the details of her story and how much is left unsaid interests me.

Last edited:
Peacock's design was a major part of what attracted me to Skullgirls. She just stood out in a game that already stood out thanks to its art style.

I also love her backstory and how surprisingly important she is to the plot.

It's surprisingly dark. Her eyes were gouged out and her body being mutilated, hence why she looks like a cartoon character. It just makes me love her character design that much more.

I also love how she was Marie's best friend and how she's pretty much her primary motivation for for why she chose to be the Skullgirl.

And considering I'm not that great at fighting games, her keep away play style really helped me get into the game, and it feels satisfying winning matches with my opponents struggling to keep up with me.

Bottom line, she's my favorite character in this game from both a gameplay and story perspective. And that's why she's my main.

Reactions: Peacock Scarlet