• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Let's talk about voice packs

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I suppose, a voice pack thread wouldn't hurt.

Guess it's the right place to do that (or maybe not).

What is your favourite voice pack? And do you want any particular one to be added in the future?

Share your ideas and faves.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
I'd like to see a Knight Annie voice pack where she speaks in a stereotypically medieval manner.

• Love
Reactions: Holy Goose
I have a bunch of ideas.

Black Dahlia as a party girl;
Singing Squigly and Eliza (and maybe Big Band);
Weather forecast Umbrella;
A pack with Hungern as ALF;
Peacock, but making only bird sounds;
Parasoul as a sassy secretary (a nod to Virginie Renoir from a Soviet TV film "Look for a Woman").

Coming up with the voice pack ideas is fun.

These all sound fun, especially Weather forecast Umbrella.

could do something with beowulf.
- Epic Poetry (to Hurting?)
- playing the heel
- "Hey it's me, kai kennedy. Play skullgirls Awooo"

• Love
Black Dahlia: Gracious Granny voice pack
Kindly and caring grandmother voice lines (e.g. constantly offering hard candy and second helpings, giving compliments, and calling everyone "deary")

Filia and Samson swap lines pack
Who's the parasite now? (could work for other duos like Squigly & Leviathan and Eliza & Sekhmet)

Depressed Beowulf voice pack

The Hype™ is gone! Miserable and gloomy Beowulf.

It's a Joke Character, Right? Fukua voice pack
Pay a ridiculous amount of money to hire a famous celebrity to voice Fukua. They do an okay job, but it makes you wonder if hiring a pro voice actor would have been better.

True Cyborg Big Band voice pack
Crank up the reverb and tinny distortion for a man trapped in a jazz-themed iron lung. Think Darth Vader and synths.

TV Annie voice pack
She is the one, magical girl Annie of the Stars! Exaggerated and pleasant personality of the "Annie" character she plays on television. Channeling Sailor Moon.

I've been thinking (no, I haven't) about some new voice pack ideas.

One is for Fukua or Robo-Fortune (could even work for Painwheel), but with Brain Drain's voice. Like he's actually controlling their every move. Think about a gamer behind a joystick, narrating every action and being very emotional about it.
Might even work for all three of them at the same time. With Brain Drain (badly) mimicking his puppets' voices.

In similar vein, Umbrella's voice pack, but with the Egrets tracking her every move and voicing it (probably, to Parasoul). There could be even some well-known Egrets, like Adam and Molly, with their unique reactions (think of "Adam is so fired" sketch by Persona-sama).
IMG_20220627_025421.jpg

And another similar one, with Annie of the Stars, but voiced by Parasoul in the middle of her fangirling session.

And finally, Valentine, but speaking as a very rude nurse from a stereotypical post-Soviet rural clinic (it just seems to be funny; I don't have anything against medical personnel).

Reactions: Nuuance
A fan could dream about the voice packs for the proposed characters, too.

For example, if Marie is going to be released someday, I hope she'll have a "human" voice pack. As an opposite for the "Skullgirl" Umbrella one.

Or Adam and the Egrets could get a pack with a nod to the above-mentioned Skullgirl Umbrella combo, being voiced as the skeleton servants. Two (or is it four?) birds with one stone.

Yu-Wan as a TV chef is the voice pack of my dreams. Talking about cooking in the middle of fighting. Do not try this at home.

And Robo-Stanley. Says it all, really. The epitome of perfection.

The Am I Canon Yet? Voice pack for Fukua.
Get Christine Marie Cabanos back into the recording booth to record a bunch of new lines for Fukua that are appropriate for her un/official backstory of being a Brain Drain made clone of Filia with the souls of two ancient warriors stuffed inside her and is homicidally obsessed with Filia and make it an alternate voice pack.
And then play it 100% straight. No meta jokes. No cheeky references.
That's it.

• Love
Since Big Band is inspired off of older musical figures/pop culture, (having quotes from Miles Davis, John Coltrane, etc), I would love to see him with a 50’s mobster style voice and have the grainy audio quality to boot. Think those Al Capone voice clips. I think it’d be great lol

Last edited:
Had an idea about Black Dahlia as a stereotypical post-Soviet retired person, calling everyone druggies and prostitutes shouting insults at everyone and violently reminiscing of old times. Like, they had better artificial limbs back then, and Parasites were polite, and the Labs were cleaner, and the royal family was dressing appropriately, and her victims were decent enough to die right after she killed them... Unlike today, you know.

Last edited: