• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Lobbies bugs report

Beuzer0

Bozo Zozo
Reaction score
Website
beuzer0.tumblr.com
Steam
Beuzer0
PSN
Beuzer0
XBL
Beuzer0
Ms. Fortune Squigly Big Band
This is a topic were we write any bugs we have with the lobbies. Please give the maximum of details, even if it is not that easy sometimes.

During my latest play sessions, being part of a group of an average of 4 players, lobbies could start bugging after 1 or 2 matches already, with different consequences:
- All players not being able to fight, with the countdown starting again and again, but no match begins.
- Some players may not be able to fight anymore, having the same two players keeping on playing matches but the other two can't even have a match even if they're "ready".
- Cursor selection getting crazy!
- Players getting kicked but still see on their screen that their are in the lobby.
- A player's name being cloned in free slots.
- Game is about to start, black screen, and go back to the lobby instead of character selection.
- One a player had a problem to start a game, he couldn't pretend to start any match anymore. So we were forced to start a new lobby a countless number of time.

Also, during last Skulbats EU tournament, a lot of contestants got lobbies problems. This is the "worst case scenario" were even 1vs1 private lobbies (which are the less bugy by far) are not even possible (I didn't see any name or even any slot after accepting invites) In this case, restarting Steam is the only way to have it working, restarting Skullgirls is not enough. Don't know if this would be related to Steam or not.

I usually get a black screen when people join (at least via invite) after I'm already "ready"

When you're in a two person lobby like this:

| Them | You |

And you select 'Them' with LK to kick them, and they leave during the "Kick this player?" prompt, your place slides over to the left like

| You | Empty |

"Kick this player?" is still pointing towards the first square, so when you kick them you kick yourself.
Not a big deal, just funny.

I think I exited the create lobby screen as the current lobby available at the time was taken down and this happened. Actually I'm not even sure if this is a lobby issue.
2015-02-26_00003.jpg

If you want to break a 3+ lobby almost guaranteed, all you have to do is ready up right before it matches people up that are already readied up. This is usually around 6 seconds left.

One time I also got invited to a private lobby but ended up in someone else's private lobby. I wish I had footage to show for this.

I think I exited the create lobby screen as the current lobby available at the time was taken down and this happened. Actually I'm not even sure if this is a lobby issue.
I've been trying to figure out what causes this for a year. If anyone has a reliable way to reproduce it, that would be awesome.

My data on it:
Lobbies slide in, "1 lobby" shown, then lobbies and header disappear. Sometimes accompanied by an error message.
pressing medium kick once takes you back to main menu
Entering quick match clears versus UI, but does not open ranked search UI or appear to search
Does not clear extra left pane after playing a lobby match.
Clears after entering quick match, training mode, art gallery, and probably others.
Pressing LP again reopens lobbies.
Possible problem: returns to vs menu without killing left pane lobby UI.

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Not sure this counts but if you get kicked from a lobby while at the character select screen, you enter a state where none of the main menu options will put you into a match, no training mode, no single player, lobby list doesn't load either.

There's a bug were someone who enters the lobby would get the same amount of wins on the win-count as their opponent. For example: Bob played Sam and had 14 wins, Sam leaves lobby and Julia subsequently enters, when Bob and Julia start the match Julia has 14 wins as well.

For me it seems to happen after extended matches (~10 or more). Doesn't seem to be restricted to 2-man lobbies as I've had it happen in larger ones (e.g. 6-man.)

If anyone else who's experienced this knows other potential triggers for this bug, please post.

I've also had people adopt previous players' win counts, but I unno how to trigger it.

Other than that, i've had a weird issue where I had the post-fight menu pop up even when there was a 3rd person in the lobby. Since the lobby still considered the lobby as having more than 2 people, it had the menu without a timer. I accidentally hit play again, and was stuck from no-timer until i had to alt-F4 the game closed.

There's a bug were someone who enters the lobby would get the same amount of wins on the win-count as their opponent. For example: Bob played Sam and had 14 wins, Sam leaves lobby and Julia subsequently enters, when Bob and Julia start the match Julia has 14 wins as well.

For me it seems to happen after extended matches (~10 or more). Doesn't seem to be restricted to 2-man lobbies as I've had it happen in larger ones (e.g. 6-man.)

If anyone else who's experienced this knows other potential triggers for this bug, please post.

The win count doesn't seem to matter, and this bug has always happened to me for as long as I can remember.
The other person crashing or disconnecting early also doesn't seem to matter, but the same person disconnecting and rejoining the lobby resets their wincount.

Getting kicked out of a lobby for some reason makes the next lobby you join nonfunctional. Also any attempt at singer player modes (arcade, tutorial, training mode) leads to a few seconds of the loading screen and then the game forces the previous menu.

There seems to be a glitch where if both players leave on the same frame, you can get stuck in the lobby with no choice but to close the game. The lobby still functions somewhat (i.e. people can still join it) but you can't ready up, so the game is softlocked on your end.

Me and my opponent keep getting sent back to the lobby screen mid match. This happens to about 50% of my online matches. This started happening a few days ago.

Well here's a new one that's happening a little too much recently:
I go to Lobby Matches, right before I get to enter a lobby, and then the game crashes. And the crash will occur either right when I select the lobby, leave a lobby after I played a few matches and want to go to another one (similar to the first one) or I move the cursor to the 2nd lobby.

So far 7 game crashes within 24 hours.

The way the "Private Slots" setting works has always been pretty strange. It's not particularly disruptive but certainly illogical, the way it works.
First off, if you have a high capacity lobby with all private slots and you try to lower the size of the lobby, it will prevent you from making the lobby smaller and instead limit it to the current number of private slots. There are two problems with that:

The first is that it should actually be limiting it to number of private slots + 1, since having 6 private slots in a 6 player lobby is meaningless given that one slot will always be occupied by the host.

The other (main) problem, which if changed would also fix the first problem, is that the actual lobby size should surely be the main setting, and the private slots setting should be the one to adjust to match it instead of the other way around (To lobby size -1)

Just mashing LP and MP can get the "Set (Not) Ready" to desync from the glowing fist.

Yeah, and when it does <without fail, in my cases>, it locks you out of any controls, forcing you to Alt+F4 the game

So, I suppose this is the place to upload such a photo? Has ping this high ever even been seen by mankind before?

@worldjem

208610_screenshots_2015-06-02_00001.jpg

Last edited:
my lobbies are crashing and I have no idea why , how do I get log reports?

how do I get log reports?
Steam Library -> rightclick on Skullgirls Endless Beta -> Properties -> Set Launch Options -> add "-log" without the quotation marks.
Also this only works on beta, retail doesn't generate logs.

Game has started to crash more during Character Selection screen. Will do the -log thing next time I start it up, but has anyone else had crashes at char select?

I was trying to get back into my own lobby then this happened...
Untitled.png

I was spectating a 3-man lobby, then accepted an invite and it let me into the other room (which is also 3-man, but it was actually a 2-man lobby), but now there's an 89 in the middle of the screen.

Left Stuff vs Luweewu and went into Lawnba's lobby.

When I left Lawnba's room, the game closed.

Last edited:
Sorry about double posting, but this happened....
Untitled23.png
Tried to get out of the lobby, and then got stuck in it, with no "Ready", "Invite", or "Leave Lobby" showing on the screen.

So the oddest series of glitches happened last night.

EDITED

RAW

@fenster, @Stuff and @Dyne and I were playing in a beta lobby. fenster, Stuff and I ready up, and fenster and I fight. Everything is fine up until we get to the match, which has Stuff's name where fenster should be.

From there, the match goes on normally until a black box appears on both fenster and I's screens, and we freak out. After a bit it disappears and we start playing again normally, right until our match abruptly ends and we are sent to Dyne and Stuff's match.

They're able to fight normally from what I could tell, but there are several bugs on our ends: names are the same (fenster's end it said 'fenster vs luweewu'; mine 'stuff vs luweewu') and both teams show duo sizes despite being trios (leads to some more interesting glitches.)

The character in the 2nd UI slot is actually the anchor, and they won't disappear from the UI even after they're killed (only after the point is dead and 2nd comes in.) The character in 2nd slot does not appear in the UI and point would take their invisible slot if tagged or snapped out. It's unknown what would happen during DHCs or Point-Anchor swaps.

After all that, Stuff's and Dyne's preexisting scores were seemingly wiped and started anew from that match (unknown if this was just my end or affected everyone else.)

The lobby worked fine after all of this though.

---

My guess is that somehow Stuff did not spectate like normal, and him and Dyne had readied up during fenster and I's match, causing the black box to appear on our screens (a glitched spectator notification box.) The time between that and the abrupt end of our match was them selecting characters. Because of all of this, there were several UI-related glitches that happened during that match on our ends.

---

There are no replay files for fenster and I's match on my end, but I do have Dyne and Stuff's. I had asked Dyne and Stuff to supply their replay files in case it might be helpful:
Luweewu:http://ge.tt/5hIIIdJ2/v/0?c
Dyne: https://mega.co.nz/#!5dpETCyb!QW0kdDEgs4nRVComMT9vpGMJzhr2OgADWSj-6qTVqnE
Stuff: https://mega.co.nz/#F!xBRjnaAC!Ez0BSpmr65LYb3K4lMM7fg

@fenster @Stuff and @Dyne if you guys could give your experience on this whole thing it'd be appreciated.

@Mike_Z

Reactions: Pickles
I can check if I have the replay file, but I played a lot of matches afterwards and I have some stuff to do today so it might be a while if my replay file is necessary. Also, from what I remember, it sounded like Dyne and Stuff said the lobby broke during when we selected our characters, so I thought that maybe they rejoined the lobby at that point which is why they had their scores reset, but I dunno for sure. To reiterate, during the time when the box appeared in our match, it seemed like we could still move and stuff, we were just too busy typing out "WTF" to try out anything here.

Reactions: Luweewu
Yeah the lobby had first said I'd spectate you two then the lobby went crazy like it normally does so I just left and rejoined and then readied up and the lobby didn't say you guys were playing at all so I got paired up with dyne and then all that happened to you guys.

Reactions: Luweewu
Got another one, the screen went black after a lobby match then...
Untitled51.png
and it was stuck on this screen FOREVER. que spooky music

Whenever I enter any lobby I can't see people's ping - it just keeps showing "?". Is it because of my weak connection or there may be an another problem?

Whenever I enter any lobby I can't see people's ping - it just keeps showing "?". Is it because of my weak connection or there may be an another problem?
You have to wait ~ 5 seconds minimum usually.

@Skarmand
Well, I've waited much longer than a whole minute. I'd better check my router...
Btw, it seems like I've entered your lobby. Did it show the ping?
P.S. I guess it was router issues. Now everything's alright.

Last edited:
@Skarmand
Well, I've waited much longer than a whole minute. I'd better check my router...
Btw, it seems like I've entered your lobby. Did it show the ping?
It did after 7 seconds, for a split second before you left.

Mac bugs:
1) Unable to enter spectator mode. Game always crashes to desktop after countdown, before competing players' match starts.
2) The list of available lobbies is populated with dupes/repeats/clones. I've seen this list grow to have 3+ copies of each actual lobby.

I can confirm the spectator crashes also happen on Linux. Also found out that Windows users sometimes crash when spectating me, so this goes both ways.

Just spectated successfully. Huzzah!