• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lobby kicking issues

KuroOneHalf

Artist & summer addict
Reaction score
Steam
Kuroonehalf
Eliza Filia Cerebella
I finally did some testing on this with the help of a few people and I think I've got the bug (or is it intentional?) fully diagnosed. It seems that whenever the countdown starts (ie. when 2+ people ready up) the host loses the ability to kick a guest. It doesn't matter if the host is readied up himself or not, nor if the matchmaking hasn't been calculated yet. Once two people ready up, they can't be taken out of the lobby.

This results in the unfortunate problem of not being able to kick unwanted guests. Like for example if you're running a "beginners" lobby and an intermediate player wants to stay there and grief by plowing the noobies, he can (provided any one other person besides him readies). Or, and this one happens to me frequently, if you're running a "local matches only" lobby but a player from the other side of the world insists on staying, I can't do anything about it.

The problem grows proportionally troublesome with the size of the lobby, as with more people it's more likely that one of them is going to ready up before you have time to kick the other guy.

My only solution as a lobby host is to not ready up, wait for the games to start, then kick him (because yes, you can kick people while they're playing apparently, which I'm not sure is supposed to be intended), and try to play next round, provided that person doesn't come back.

ps: I tested a bunch of scenarios an in every single one where my partner joined the lobby after being kicked his game would crash.

Last edited: