• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lobby Names

Pickles

VT scene?
Reaction score
Steam
Pickles (/id/shamanlord)
PSN
PS_Shamanlord (but I rarely use this for SG)
Filia Double Painwheel
I hosted a lobby on Beta with title "Casual Matches - Expert". Someone I didn't recognize joined, we played one game and the skillgap/lag was enough for me to not want to play again so I left. After leaving however, I saw him (immediately, so its not like he would have had time to leave and make a new lobby or something) in a lobby (presumably the one I just left, except for the title) titled "Casual Matches - Beginner". Wondering if I had made a mistake with the lobby name and misled this fellow, I went back to create lobby and sure enough the title preselected was "Casual Matches - Expert". Could the lobby name have changed when I left? Is this intentional that the name of a lobby resets to default when the creator leaves?

I hosted a lobby on Beta with title "Casual Matches - Expert". Someone I didn't recognize joined, we played one game and the skillgap/lag was enough for me to not want to play again so I left. After leaving however, I saw him (immediately, so its not like he would have had time to leave and make a new lobby or something) in a lobby (presumably the one I just left, except for the title) titled "Casual Matches - Beginner". Wondering if I had made a mistake with the lobby name and misled this fellow, I went back to create lobby and sure enough the title preselected was "Casual Matches - Expert". Could the lobby name have changed when I left? Is this intentional that the name of a lobby resets to default when the creator leaves?
This is a bug with the order of the names in the list you choose from being different from the order in the list it uses to display the names.
It's actually fixed, and has been for a while, but I can't put new UI in the Beta because it is a huge pain in the butt to remove things like Robo's story mode every time so I have not been updating the UI at all, just the characters.

Reactions: Pickles
Thanks for the reply, if it's known and the fixed version will be in the final build then that's good.

Thanks for the reply, if it's known and the fixed version will be in the final build then that's good.
Well this bug definitely exists for the later-added lobby titles, but in your case I think they probably just remade the lobby. You could ask 'em...