• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Long way to the top

Still no idea how to approach Big Band. If you move on ground, he can Giant Step or Cymbal you. If you jump, he can Train. Of course there's also always Beat Extend for all your close range needs. Combined with online delay, it's extremely hard to face him.

Last edited:
I think Fortune will be my new point character. She has speed, easy overheads, DP, fast meter building + her assists are decent. I'm having easier time playing her nowadays than other rushdown characters.

I feel like I'm out of options by this point. I've tried each character, and I don't know who fits me the best, or even fits me at all. This is troubling because instead of improving a specific team I divide my effort between many, and none of them do particulary well as a result. So, I'm going to do something I've never done before: Fortune/Filia/Double. I don't know how convertable M.Bomber is for Fortune, but if nothing else light version should do the trick.

I feel like I'm out of options by this point. I've tried each character, and I don't know who fits me the best, or even fits me at all. This is troubling because instead of improving a specific team I divide my effort between many, and none of them do particulary well as a result. So, I'm going to do something I've never done before: Fortune/Filia/Double. I don't know how convertable M.Bomber is for Fortune, but if nothing else light version should do the trick.
Did you really try them enough though? What I did with my characters that I main was I started with the aesthetics (big band looks cool, so does Beowulf) then I moved onto how they played. The rest was a LOT of games to get proficient and understand the character as a whole. It took me a year to get as good as I want to be with Beowulf now... you probably remember me playing him against you ages ago and I lost games because I was still learning him but damn if you played me now you would be toast. I don't want to put you down or anything man, but I want to say that getting good at a character is not a fast process. Pick someone you REALLY like, how the look, how they play. Then play them. A lot. Learn new things, over time. You will struggle! I remember wanting to drop Beowulf because I thought he sucked. You just have to fight and overcome. Add me on steam if you want to talk more, I mean you removed me (idk why) but I don't care.

Reactions: 4th
Oh and another thing, play them solo. That's EXACTLY what I did in the beginning. I even told you to do this when you still had me added. I'm sorry if this seems harsh but this was in like a YEAR ago. Come on dude.

Look, I'm even going to show you for your own eyes:

This is me playing Beowulf in the beginning in October 2015

Now, this is me playing Beowulf at Revo in November, 2016.

and my pools match:

Again I don't want to make it sound like I am attacking you. This is just tough love, because you seem to have gone nowhere (hence your name) in about a year. I remember you playing trio and not knowing what the fuck to do and I tried to address it but clearly I didn't try hard enough. You can do it man, I believe in you. If you really want to get good you will follow this advice because learning 3 characters at once is fucking impossible for most players.

@Alex12898 I'm not intending to play solo anymore because I got tired of that long time ago. I like most of characters equally, so as of the moment I'm still trying to figure out who fits me the most gameplay-wise so I can focus on improving them. As for deleting on Steam, I've sent you PM.

Still can't do meterless throw conversion when playing Filia.
Not sure if this is still relevant, but a couple of newer players asked about this same conversion at Revo so I made a video:

Reactions: Nowhere Man
@Mr Peck video doesn't load for me. Is it the ground throw xx 236 HP dash IAD j.mp j.hk thing? I finally started hitting it a couple days ago, but still need to work on 236 HP 214 KK conversion.

Yes, it's that one. Congrats on figuring out the timing!

Last edited:
Squigly/Big Band/Eliza + Fortune/Filia/Double = Squigly/Big Band/Double. The new main team or just another trio of the day? Place your bets!

Looks like you just took out all your rush down characters. Trio of the day.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

If you're referring to your Squig/BB/Double team. At least you can DHC from BB to Eliza and still hit after SSJ. With double as your anchor you may have to exclude the last hit of SSJ. Both of them have their benefits though. Depending on what assists you use, Double may benefit your neutral more while Eliza may help with your pressure/mixups. I personally think Eliza is an awesome partner with Squigly, but I'm not sure how great she is with Big Band.

H.Spiral is decent/good, but I don't see how it's amazing for Squigly. Don't have easy time converting from it in neutral (maybe I should try starting from air more).

I'm returning to Eliza, Squigly and Big Band again, since Squigly doesn't convert well from Bomber assist due to slow dash speed. Still not sure who I should run in front, but since everyone advices for Squigly on point, I'll continue pursuing Squigly/Big Band/Eliza. Eliza/Squigly/Band is my most played team after Eliza/Big Band, and it feels more comfortable from a certain PoV, since stronger point character + free charge on DHC (too bad if Eliza gets KO'd first, though Squigly isn't guaranteed a charge on point either). Band/Squigly/Eliza may be an option too, once I figure out when to use Horace as assist.

@Drills plays Squigly/Eliza with H spiral assist. Converting should be rather easy. Definitely start from the air and H divekick can make your conversions easy.

Squiggly/Horace and Squigly/Spiral are both good! You can get charges mid combo from both assists ( launch into Horace for bigger bounce/ more charge time ) and honestly I think any order could work for that team, though band and Eliza are stronger anchor than Squigly imo
@fenster might have some input on Band/Spiral since I've seen him run that before.

I'm dropping Squigly for good. Months of training, and I still can't do stancels consistently.

I'm adding Squigly back in the Squigly/Big Band/Eliza team because Big Band/Eliza doesn't work for me, and Eliza/Big Band is just suboptimal.

Since I can barely find people to play with nowadays, I don't see the point in booting up Skullgirls anymore. The diary is now complete, see you later somewhere else!

Sorry that we really didn't get to play much, but I hope that you enjoyed your time with the game.

Cheers.

More people to play with as of late, so I am back. And I seriously need to stop contesting Parasoul with j.mk as Eliza, and give her room in corner to do that pillar/bikes reversal.

Haven't played online in a few months, so I'm pretty rusty at the moment. Need to work on stancels.

Need to work on my dragon punches too, apparently, because the rust is thicker than I expected.

Finally I can do Squigly's double snap s.hk > stancel > s.hk on everyone.

I have won a tournament in September. Unfortunately, that about sums up my advancements for this year, since I didn't have much time to improve at Skullgirls as of late. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle again with my Symphony of Battle team.

I'm struggling with stancels again. On the bright side, I've learned 1 more reset for Squigly.

Discovered how to do seria midscreen combo + outtake with Squigly today: c.lk c.mk. s.hp(x2) stancel c.mk s.hk j.lp j.mk j.hk s.lp(x2) s.mp c.hp assist center stage dash outtake c.mk s.hk stancel c.mk s.hk repeat until KO. Assist must lock both characters in one place and not move them away, preferrably. Tested it with Beat Extend and Butcher's Blade, works like charm. For Beat Extend, do outtake and THEN dash forward to not whiff c.mk s.hk.

From this day on I am giving up one of my assist macros in favor of dash macro. This is something I haven't mentioned before (have I?): I have trouble doing consistent PP dashes consistently, which is big disadvantage because relying on arrow dashing is not an option when involuntary DPs and unintended whiffs are involved, and by this point I am 100% sure that dash macro is a must because seriously, I press my punch buttons exact same way, and there's no perfect 10/10 consistency somehow.