• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS4 Looking for Dualshock 3 driver help for PS4.

DualShocks have been pressure sensitive since the DualShock 2. Heck that on even had a pressure sensitive D-pad.

Such an unrecognized feature, this was one of my favorite aspects of MGS3: Snake Eater ( they used the pressure sensitive buttons ) and I wish more games took advantage of this, at least the playstation exclusives.

Anyway, did you guys ever come up with a solution to the PS4 'Select Button' issue? I've been thinking about it the past week or so and am curious as to what you guys came up with. Feel free to delete this post if you're trying to let this thread die.

P.S. The 'Entourage' feature at Character Select is godlike $$$

Any updates on this? I have lots of free time on my hands now that I currently don't have a job.

I hope arc puts it in Xrd

I hope arc puts it in Xrd
I don't think there's enough time for it seeing as Xrd is coming out in December.

Daymn Mike-Z is the best. What times that a low-budget dev has to do AAA industry's work for them.

Of course props to whoever helped out. This community is still the best.

EDIT: Apparently it was made by John “Cowboy” Bellomy from Naughty Dogs. Cheers.

Last edited:
So im assuming there will be no support for my mayflash adapter?

So im assuming there will be no support for my mayflash adapter?
Depends. If the Mayflash adapter identifies itself as a DualShock 3, then no.

Wow, that's pretty terrible.
Last time I saw SG on PS4 with PS3 sticks, etc., it was pretty much plug n play (at least it seemed like it).

Why doesn't MKX work like this?

1. it was on a devkit(differences to commercial ps4 console? no idea!) 2. SG is not ready for submitting to PS4 yet so there is no way Mike could have tested this, so with that said NRS would have had to test it as soon as went though QA and see how the commercial retail worked 3. Lets just wait and see what Mike has to say i guess. Because at this point i am just pulling wild guesses out of my ass.

Last edited:
That's entirely up to MKX/NRS, it has nothing to do with devkit vs retail. A profile is not required for the driver, it is required by the GAME for savedata and trophies and things. The PS3 driver itself doesn't care about any profiles or anything at all besides which sticks are plugged in. (Though I would assume you don't need to keep the controller actually physically plugged in, just not dead, so the 2 USB ports isn't really an issue unless you're at low battery, and you can probably plug the DS4 into another USB port like your phone charger, for power. That's some sideways spin there, heh.)

SG does NOT work that way, as already shown on repeated Salty streams. SG keeps the profile that started the game always logged in, and that's the only profile it uses no matter which controllers you add or remove. You need a single DS4 to press one button and dismiss the "You plugged in a legacy controller, the Home button won't work" message that you get when plugging in a PS3 stick the first time - and we're trying to fix that, too! - but after that point you can disconnect the DS4 and play the game entirely with PS3 sticks until you turn it off. I even wrote special code where if the DS4 was in charge of the menus, when you unplug it the game finds the first PS3 stick and puts that one in charge, which is not how other console versions work.

[edit] Just checked with my phone charger, you can leave a DS4 connected to your PS4 and charge it that way. If you connect it to something else that recognizes it as a controller (like your PC, with DS4 drivers) then it will disconnect from the PS4.

I don't have a GAF account, but there ya go.

Last edited:
snip
After seeing it work that way on Salty, I was very confused about the way MKX works it, but you explained it just now. Good info for people to know.

Thankye.

...fantastic, now we are surely gonna get crap even though the driver has nothing to do with this.

Well atleast you know where the issue lies and you don't have to feel bad about it being the case. Which is sad considering how beneficial it would have been overall for everyone if it was done properly and the trust to include in future games. I mean they could have contacted the people behind the driver to get support, before they just let it rock after going though the QA pass.

Reactions: Wenzel
Since Capcom is supposedly considering the driver for Street Fighter V, any chance @Mike_Z or Peter or anyone can send a word in on making sure it works the proper way in that game?

Is it safe to assume since Mike knows Combofiend that they tried to get it right in USF4 for PS4?

Is it safe to assume since Mike knows Combofiend that they tried to get it right in USF4 for PS4?
I never talked to Combo about the driver at all.

Since Capcom is supposedly considering the driver for Street Fighter V, any chance @Mike_Z or Peter or anyone can send a word in on making sure it works the proper way in that game?
We're looking into this...but Japan...

Seems like ps4 usf4 port was outsourced to Other Ocean who did the MK arcade kollection.