• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Big Band Make "Free form" a command normal

Huesoman

Reaction score
I read this in the new patch for ps3:

"s.MP received the following changes:
Playing additional notes now requires holding the initial MP down for 28f, making the first hit easier to use as an actual attack. If the MP button is only tapped, followup buttons like HP/HK will be attacks instead of notes. Thanks to LAST_WINDOW."

and I was thinking that instead of holding the mp button it could be quicker to make the free form (I mean the hit that starts the music sequence, not the hit that is part from his chain, both sharing the same animation of course) a command normal, like back+MP or forward+MP for example. This way you avoid the need to hold down the button; even if it is just for 28 frames (almost 1/2 second) it seems a little cumbersome to me, a command normal would avoid the overlapping right away.

Last edited:
My Parasoul f.LP is betterrrrrr. But it's Big Band. Please Mike. Do NOT give BIG BAND a command normal that's overhead. He's already dumb enough.
I mean to avoid the overlapping. So by pressing MP you get the hit that chains into HP or HK; while pressing back/forward+MP you get the hit (same animation) that starts the music sequence. Suppose you hold it for 26 frames instead of 28, or suppose there is a little lag in your online matches and instead of the 28f you wanted you get less. I suggest it for convenience only. Btw, what's the difference between having a normal that is overhead vs a command normal with the same property?