• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

Remember when the Smash Bros. trailer for Rosalina's reveal made everyone think Kirby was gonna be in Mario Kart 8? Well, I guess those guys are gonna have the last laugh (unless Kirby doesn't get a DLC Pack, I guess.)

Also, when's Wario Colosseum

Actually it's 4 new cups, 2 for each pack.

But yeah. This doubles the game's size, basically. If it stealth adds in some battle mode packs, too...
My sentence structure didn't work out for me there lol. Meant 2 per pack.

Imagine though

Pack 3:
  • Sonic in his car from All Stars Racing
  • Pac Man in his from Mario Kart Arcade
  • Mega Man in his from Battle and Chase
There's no way in hell, but BUT IMAGINE

I can't really imagine Link doing goofy tricks in a go-kart to be honest.

I have a feeling it'll be over after this promotion... I mean, hackers went in and found out that there was already empty spaces for 4 specific new cups with their own icons even.

1409088514315.png

Ah jeez, what is it no-JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Is this just the week of Nintendo shitting out content? Intentionally or not?

It is...

Maybe they've seen how the Wii U sales went up after Gamescom and now they're baiting the masses into wanting them.

I mean really, Mario Kart 8 is hype. Smash Kart is even MORE HYPE.

Also kinda curious that they used Skyward Sword Link, I guess his art style works best with the game but...
Wouldn't it be funnier to see Toon Link racing on a King of Red Lions kart?

I saw the news...
tumblr_n1m57mZ5HG1s0amwgo1_500.gif

Nintendo, when will ever cease to amaze us? ;_;

Still no Diddy or Jr. hurts

But

my reign of Villager shall exist somewhere besides Smash

So remember this image from long ago? The top row was found hidden unused in the game files.

mario-kart-8-cups.png

Well, if the MK8 website is anything to go by, only the Yoshi Egg icon actually gets used. The Shine, Boo and Blue Shell cups are still unused as the Cat Bell cup is the retro one for the AC Pack and the Zelda one uses the Zelda icon and the AC one a leaf.

So it is entirely possible more DLC will come later. Not saying for sure, but who knows? Why make these 4 retro cup icons and only use the one?

I'm getting all sorts of giddy seeing the Triforce and the New Leaf cup on the site.
AND OMG ISABELLE YAAASSSSSSS

Today was a good day.

Also what if by chance Nintendo released this to distract people from the Smash leaks? Maybe? Maybe.

Reactions: Rellek
Also what if by chance Nintendo released this to distract people from the Smash leaks? Maybe? Maybe.

That's what everyone's thinking, yeah, which is pretty funny... AND PRETTY FUTILE.

But still, I adore MK8, and I'm over the moon that it's getting the right DLC treatment. 9999 VR here I come!

Reactions: TailsWorld1
I brought the DLC this morning just to get it out of the way. Now I play the waiting game...

So I'm loving the stats screen! Very impressed by the stats they decided to show you.

I've (according to the stats screen):
Collected over 21,000 coins
Raced over 15,000 races (10,500 wins and 5,000 losses)
Executed a drift over 200,000 times
My fav course is Cheep Cheep Beach (And it's totally right!)
Fav character is Pink Gold Peach (Duh!)
And apparently got picked up by lakitu over 700 times... 700!! Holy cow.

Well considering how they toned down the penalty for pitfalls that's not really surprising.

I'm gonna have to look at that character/track select tease until May. MAY. AUGH.

ANYWAY. HERE ARE MY STATS:

Coins - 5698
Wins - 1718
Losses - 942
Race Record - 5173
Battle Record - 993 (...I played it like twice at launch and I hated it.)
Favorite Course - Rainbow Road
Favorite Character - Ludwig
Favorite Vehicle - Sports Bike
Favorite Wheels - Roller
Favorite Glider - Plane Glider
Saved by Lakitu - 260 times

All I remember from my records is

Coins- 3000-something
Wins- 107
Losses- 73
Favorite Course- DS Tick Tock Clock
Favorite Character- Baby Rosalina
Favorite Vehicle- Mach 8

I'm just going to go over most of the photos from the first DLC
If you look closely, Luigi isn't very happy with these "New Characters"
10991121-5.jpg

10991121-2.jpg
I find this picture interesting. It looks like the Blue Falcon doesn't actually have wheels. Could this be an "anti-gravity" exclusive kart? Although I do see that something may be clipping near the front, the kart doesn't seem to have the same glow effect that Mario's anti-gravity kart has.
10991121-1.jpg
10991121-4.jpg

Link: HYAAH, HYEH, AAIIEYA!?
(Translation: Excuse me Mario, I appreciate how you invited me to go go-karting with you, but this kart is a little small for me, can I get a bigger one?)
Mario: WAHOO, YIPPEE, IT'S A ME!
(Translation: Suck it up-a, bitch)