• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Matching Making on the PC

DesertRat

Reaction score
In short, a friend got me back into fighting games by showing me there's more to it. I seem people play on streams but never can find anyone on match making.

The method i use to find people in quickmatch (if that is where you're looking) is this:

- Search for a match, and if it shows a text saying "waiting for opponent" then just go back and search again, keep doing it until you see the text "Please wait, attempting to join a room" or something like that, if that text appears then JACKPOT, you found a match, then a small box with the opponent's ping will appear, all you gotta do is either accept the match or reject it (what people usually do if the opponent has a ping way too high)

Edit: idling in the "waiting for opponent" screen has never worked for me, not sure if it works for others or works for you.

I'll give it a try. How many times do you have to retry useally?

People are usually on Ranked Matchmaking at all hours of day, but they're in the greatest numbers around the late afternoon/night US time. You can usually find a couple of lobbies too. Beyond that, feel free to add people on Steam and invite them to lobbies when you wanna play; that's how a lot of people go about playing.