• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Matchup Thread

Frozen_Zade

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FrozenZade
Squigly Ms. Fortune Unknown
Okay let me start off by saying while I know the basics and am tryign to get into a higher level of play I'm by no means on competition level and still need lots of help and advice - and it is in this light that I come seeking it!

Parasoul has always been the most "hard to get" character to me in the game; all the others I 'got' how they were supposed to play and could pick them up and go; but Parasoul I always had trouble with. Finally the night before last I just sat down and spent a lot of time with her and learned some BnB combos and the basics of her specials (though I still don't see when to pull out any of her Egrets; maybe I'm just bad at canceling into a charge but the effort to charge up an Egret is never worth the payoff since the MK always seems to take physical damage right away and the HK is always blocked). Anyway; now that I'm really starting to like her and am wanting to get even better with her I actually find her combos some of the easiest and most brutal to pull off so I'm wanting to play with her more and more, but there's one fatal roadblock in my path: Peacock.

Now with every other character I can deal with Peacock, but no matter how many times I'm put up against Peacock as Parasoul I can't figure out any single possible measure to deal with her.

I can't out-zone her: one Napalm Shot vs. Bang!Bang!Bang! and a George isn't going to end well...

I can't approach on the ground: Parasoul is (I think?) the slowest character in the game; with no charge move like Cerebella's to make up for it...

I can't fly across the screen: no air dash OR double-jump...

I'm sure there IS a way for Parasoul to deal with the Anti Skullgirl Lab's own Project on an equal footing...so instead of cursing the darkness I merely ask one of you fine folks light a candle and help me understand - how do I deal with the matchup of the Princess and the Pea?

MK Soldier is good for blocking shots, HK Soldier forces Peacock to do something, if you get it out, since it doesn't clash with other projectiles, use an assist,
dash and jump or super jump to cover more space than a normal jump, use HP tear to keep her on her toes from full screen, use an assist, abuse her long normals,
learn the spacing for HP and MP item drops, learn when they like to teleport and punish it, do gunshot or level 3 on reaction to random argus and use an assist.

Reactions: Dime
yeah it is one of the, if not the, worst matchup for Parasoul. You gotta be very patient use MK Egret to block shots since it got buffed to actually work right now. (It can now fully block the first half of Argus so you can punish in between the gap) HK Egret is good too just don't get hit while doing so or else it will become useless. Know you have the advantage of longer normals and try to just wait it out and find a spot to punish. That's pretty much all you can do. It is difficult, but can be done.

I also am a recent Parasoul convert and feel very good with her. It is true that Peacock is the worst match up to Parasoul solo.

What I usually do it use HK Egret, and while its coming across the screen I dash behind it. People usually begin to block the moment it's on screen giving you a chance. Definitely dash to jump and once close enough use a.HP. Also, even at a bit past half screen use forward s.HP to get extra reach. You could dash to jump and throw Tear traps to cause Peacock to continue blocking or teleport towards you.

This match up is really hard but use your enhanced reach to your advantage.

Super jumping and patience are your friend, you really can't do much until you are at a range where you can bait and punish a mistake.

Doing things like throwing out bike and dash work in theory, but not when going up against a peacock with an assist that will destroy the bike/make your approach difficult (i.e. hairball, updo, and of course the butt).

A big part of this matchup is deciding what to do with assists.

If they throw out a bad assist, you can punish it with something easy and safe, which can instigate the peacock into committing to some kind of decision to counter your assist punish (i.e. a super, a quick bang bang). Use this knowledge your advantage to predict the peacock's counter to the assist punish (for example, if they super, you can block it and punish it with scope and go for a great punish situation).

I have another peacock question. If I block a point blank Argus Agony, how do i punish between the big laser and the gatling shots?

Sniper. It'll trade, but if you're at a certain distance you can mash dash and otg from it.

If it's point blank, you can stick out any button and it will at worst trade.

Your go-to punish for stupid arguses is Sniper Super; is going to trade with a few shots but crumples for long enough that you'll usually be able to combo afterwards either way.
However, be aware that the opponent can DHC in reaction to your Snipe - so this only works if you have a DHC at the ready yourself, or Peacock doesn't have meter to DHC, or her DHC options are bad - you don't want to get hit by a Republican Car DHC for your troubles.

I have found success in a couple of things against Peacock:

- Use either LP or HP Napalm Shot to place a tear right on top of Peacock when you're at full screen distance. I find I can usually get in at least 1 Napalm Shot between waves of projectiles. The most important thing about dealing with peacock, I've found, is making sure theres an idle tear placed right on top of her at all times (or as physically possible).
- If you choose to jump/superjump over bombs/s.HP/BangBangBang, HK tear toss in the air. HK tear toss usually places a tear drop at her feet, and as long as you can keep the tear on screen (ie. block and dont get hit), she's going to have to deal with it. If she blocks, thats your chance to send out an Egret Charge, or do a s.HK tear toss to place another tear on top of her, or send out a LP or HP Napalm Shot. If it hits, then you can (maybe?) Sniper shot her to reset the situation, or just keep up the Napalm pressure.
- I also tend to detonate the tears on top of her when she tries to put out more projectiles. This can be cancelled into sniper shot as well.

While this goes on, I try to stay vigilant that she could choose to teleport.
I think the best thing to do is to try to frustrate her as much as she can frustrate you. That usually leads to risky teleports or predictable assist calls.

I wonder how decent 6hp would be in this match. haven't tried it too much, but if you have good reactions you can confirm into sniper. If a bomb is on screen you'll get hit out of recovery and can full combo. Must experiment.

SJ j.hk is a cool way to get above everything pc does besides items, not a bad approach if there's an item recovering.

Fake teleports in your face can always be punished with a throw.

Man peacock is hard. But I think ive got a "semi" workable solution:

What I like to do is:

Bait any assist call and counter call with my mk bomber assist (I feel like this assist is a must against peacock) after I call my assist I immediately throw out either a bike or I dash jump forward or I try and and throw a hp napalm shot.
Once my opponent gets used to this and mixes up/starts delaying bomb calls I start mixing up my bike calls and jumps. But yeah basically I just try and use my assist as a meatshield /counter for badly called/blocked assist calls and then throw a bike at peacock and see how the player reacts to it then base my offense on that. It's not a perfect solution by any means but it does allow me to have actual threats against peacock.

One of the primary things that this pattern does is force peacock to save either her assists, or George, or item drop. And an observant parasoul can see the pattern and adjust accordingly.

Why is there not one for everyone?

@Zidiane /Zidiannie babu can you please mash this together with the "Vs. Peacock" thread?

Why is there not one for everyone?

@Zidiane /Zidiannie babu can you please mash this together with the "Vs. Peacock" thread?
Official an all encompassing Match Up thread!

I feel what makes this matchup so hard is item drop. Parasoul pretty much has no answer for it. I usually like to call an assist to protect my head while I dash, hk toss, bike or super jump. By no means a guarantee, but its better than anything else I've came up with. Also I feel I should say any peacock who mostly uses hp bang over any other projectile is free.

what about that MF options she shuts down Parasoul so hard.

I am having a lot of trouble with the Robo-Fortune matchup. Her various jump attacks seem to occupy a dead zone directly in front and above Parasoul. Typically that space could be filled with napalm pillar but charging down leaves you super open to overheads.

Specifically, my opponents are using invincible or multi hit advancing lockdown assists to they cover thier gaps super well.

I'm having limited success with anticipating jumps and air throwing but Robos air moves are so active I sometimes get hit first.

What's been your experiences?

I play Robo against Parasoul and Parasoul is usually the one advancing on me. Her j.lp and j.hp just beats most of Robo ' s air normals. So space her well and she'll have a hard time hitting you. That's my experience anyways.

I play Robo against Parasoul and Parasoul is usually the one advancing on me. Her j.lp and j.hp just beats most of Robo ' s air normals. So space her well and she'll have a hard time hitting you. That's my experience anyways.
My issue tends to be that she can get higher than Parasoul where j.lp won't hit. Coupled with assists it's a real pain. That said I do need to work on my spacing game so I'll work on trying to predict jump arcs better.