• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
drinking's not bad for your health.
Today I learned that drinking moderately is not at all like shotgun bullets.

Oh man, speaking of Church, is there one near the venue?

Trying to be a good Catholic here.

I can drink I just shouldn't go too far with it >w> *remembers St. Patrick's day*

Moderation is the best policy.

Otherwise you end up cleaning up your vomit with your own pants like someone who was certainly not me ever, no sir.

Is the Typing of the Skullgirls side tourney still a thing, or nah?

Should I bring a keyboard or will others do that?

Lmfao. Yall bitches need to pray for me this weekend cause I'ma be doing some things that'll need some real repenting after I am up for 48 hours and only have Fireball in my stomach.

#elizadidnothingwrong

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Lmfao. Yall bitches need to pray for me this weekend cause I'ma be doing some things that'll need some real repenting after I am up for 48 hours and only have Fireball in my stomach.

Just Fireball? We're gonna have to be classier than that. We're showing up for a game with big band era jazz as a thematic source. We should be drinking sippin' whiskey.

Where my raspberry iced tea crew at

Reactions: Pickles

#elizadidnothingwrong
playing solo Eliza is already such a sin against god that you figure you might as well just say fuck it

I respect that

Welp, the recording equipment doesn't want to work with my laptop properly, so I guess that idea's done :c

Oh well, more for the behind the scenes footage

So does the airpot have a shuttle to the hotel I'm not hip sorry if I missed that info yes we out here Thursday afternoon.

Sex, gonna be on the hunt for it yaaash cant wait

I T S I N T W O F U C K I N G D A Y S

@keninblack the hotel has a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes just call a bit ahead

@keninblack the hotel has a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes just call a bit ahead

Call the hotel yeh word seeex on my way just the hotel number or a specific number?

I'm coming in on a mega bus. It looks like it arrives 16 miles from the hotel. What do? Cab?

I'm guessing there isn't a shuttle to Union Station. I've been looking up and there's a decent bus route, or you can go with something like Uber or Sidecar

I'll be arriving early Friday morning probably around 9:30 am. Man I wish I could say I'm ready for this, but I'm not. Really wish I could get more playtime in to learn but it's tough finding time and energy sometimes.

I'll be arriving early Friday morning probably around 9:30 am. Man I wish I could say I'm ready for this, but I'm not. Really wish I could get more playtime in to learn but it's tough finding time and energy sometimes.

You can do some last minute training with me on PSN if you want

41 hours until I step into that hotel
Counting 'em down

People getting to the hotel from Union station: take public transit. Much, much cheaper than a cab ($2.50), and will take around an hour, and you can experience the city for what it is. It's just a train ride (read: NOT a bus) that has no transfers or anything complicated. If you have a credit/debit card with the little wireless symbol, then you can board the train with just that. Otherwise you buy a Ventra card which requires a $5 deposit on top of your fares at the station.

@EFHRK made a nice direction post here http://pastebin.com/7KtBU8JL

These directions are for the Greyhound stop. For trains you will start out inside the station.

Google directions here

Reactions: Zidiane
If you're rolling in to Union Station around 2:45 local time, we can be train buddies!

Thank you based Lethal for reminding me how much fun it can be to play this game! Can't wait to play vs. everyone offline and pass out of tiredness and jetlag in the 3rd day. o_O'

S O N I AM H Y P E A N D S O S H O U L D Y O U

Reactions: CaioLugon
I made that pastebin for a specific person but yeah like it says in there, if anyone needs help with directions just tweet me at @EFHRK and I can probably lead you to the venue somehow from wherever you start in the city.

Call the hotel yeh word seeex on my way just the hotel number or a specific number?

this might help anyone flying in, copied from an email from the hotel:

"As far as transportation from the airport to our hotel, we do provide a 24-hour complimentary shuttle that runs every 15 minutes that leaves starting at 6am – 11pm to-and-from the O’Hare Airport. Our shuttle busses continue to run every 30 minutes thereafter. They leave from the front of the hotel lobby and pickup guests at the bus/shuttle center by door 2. Pickups from the International Terminal of the O’Hare Airport are normally on an on-call basis due to the uncertainty of time to go through customs. Our shuttle bus will pick you and any guests from the international terminal by 5E. You can always contact the front desk staff to find out the status of our shuttles. Our main hotel number is: 847-671-6350. "

I take it seeding priority would go by conflicts first, then by skill because you don't want bottlenecks.

It can be hard to balance that.

Pool Predictions:
d1: Taluda, Worldjem
d2: Keninblack, Wingzero,
e1: yaboidekillsage, Skarmand
e2: Duckator, Drewski
g1: Sonicfox, Some Person
g2: Mcpeanuts, fenster
h1: NCV, Swiftfox-Dash
h2: Cloudking, Winnie

Pool Predictions:
h1: NCV, Swiftfox-Dash